Some of our readers have mentioned that their YouTube comments not showing. Are you reading this article because you have faced the same issue? Well, continue reading this article and learn how to get it fixed.
It is true that Google Chrome has become an incredibly popular browser across the world. Needless to say, we all use browsers at least for a couple of minutes every day. We use a browser to access different types of content, including entertainment, education, work, and so on. However, Google Chrome behaves with a specific characteristic when it plays YouTube. In fact, in certain cases, YouTube comments not showing on the Chrome browser for some reason. As long as you don’t want to read comments, that won’t be an issue for you. However, for many other users, invisible comments can be an annoying issue. Interestingly, the “YouTube comments not showing” issue is limited only to the Google Chrome browser. So, as the most basic issue, many users tend to use a different web browser instead of Chrome.
What makes YouTube comments not showing?
There are only a couple of reasons behind invisible YouTube comments on Google Chrome. In the majority of cases, the issue can trigger due to a third-party addon installed on Chrome. However, there are two other causes behind this issue and let’s get to know about them better.
One of the most common reasons behind the “YouTube comments not showing” issue is cookies. According to many reports, the cookies that are saved by YouTube itself on Chrome can cause this error. You may already know that Cookies are saved by all the websites. This is required to store the browsing habits of users. Respective websites will utilize that information to make it a better browsing experience for users. In simplest terms, cookies are necessary to provide you an enhanced user experience. With that said, you can fix this issue by cleaning the browsing history on Chrome.
● The history of YouTube makes YouTube Comments Not Showing
In some specific cases, the issue “YouTube comments not showing” can appear due to the history of the browser. In general, all the browsers tend to store the history of the sites that are visited. As a result of storing history, users can access those sites without much effort. However, it can eventually lead to some problems, including “YouTube comments not showing” in your Chrome browser. If that is the case, the best move is to delete the browser history.
● Due to a third-party addon
We tend to install many addons on our browsers to accomplish various tasks easily. However, these addons can conflict with the regular functionality of the app. This is particularly true with the addons that are installed through third-party sources. In many cases, “YouTube comments not showing” error can appear due to those third-party addons. The only way to solve this issue is by uninstalling those troublesome third-party apps.
Now you have a basic understanding of the causes behind the issue, let’s learn how to fix it. In fact, we explain several methods to get rid of this error so you can succeed. Read all those instructions carefully and learn how to get it done.
Solution 1: Clear the History and Cookies of your browser
If you see that YouTube comments not showing, the most fundamental solution is to clear the history cookies. As we explained above, your browser saves cookies and history to give you a better browsing experience.
When it comes to cookies, they are used pretty much by any website today. Those cookies contain your browsing habits and preferences. When you visit the same website, your preferences will be extracted through the cookies and loaded easily. However, the same feature can end up causing various troubles. So, just try to clear the cookies as the first solution if your YouTube comments not showing.
In addition to cookies, browser history can cause various troubles, including invisible YouTube history. You can address this issue simply by clearing the browsing history. In fact, we suggest our readers clear both the history and cookies at once. But you should also remember that the entire browsing history will be gone after this action. It will not contain any URL you have visited before. Also, the login passwords for websites and online accounts will be deleted. Have that in mind before clearing the browsing history and cookies.
You can follow the steps mentioned below to clear cookies and browsing history without any confusion.
Important: If you experience an issue with your PC or laptop, you can use a professional tool for that. Restoro Repair is one of those tools that can do an excellent job for you. It can scan for repositories and replace potentially missing and corrupt files. This tool can do the job in pretty much all cases. If the error has occurred due to a system, Restoro Repair can address it easily.
Well, here are the steps to clear history and cookies on your Chrome browser.
- Launch the Chrome browser on your PC to begin.
- Now, you can see the “More” button, which is located in the top-right corner. In fact, it is represented by a three-dotted icon.
- Now, from the drop-down, you should choose the option called “More Tools” to proceed. Then, you should select the option called “Clear Browsing Data.”
- You will see a separate dialog box with options like “Browsing History” and “Cookies.” Be sure to tick all those options.
- As the next step, you should select the option called “All Time” from the drop-down. However, if you don’t need to delete the entire browsing history, you can specify a particular period. But we strongly suggest that you clear “All Time” data if you want to experience better results.
- Then, you should launch YouTube once again and check if you can see the comments.
Solution 2: Disable the third-party addons you have installed on the browser
It is true that third-party add-ons become very useful and also offer extra functionality. However, in many cases, these addons can become more of a trouble than helping you. In that case, the only solution is to get rid of those addons. Once the addons are removed from the browser, the browser will function in its default mode.
One of the most common types of addons used is ad-blockers. These addons are used to block the ads that popup when you open websites. Interestingly, many users who have used ad-blockers say that their YouTube comments not showing. So, first, it is better to uninstall the ad-blockers you have installed. If you don’t have any ad-blockers, uninstall the other addons. Mentioned below are the steps you should follow to get rid of addons on your Chrome browser.
- First, you should launch your Chrome browser in Incognito mode. This option will allow you to use the browser without any addons. By default, there will not be any addons in your browser. The settings will remain the same unless you change them manually.
- So, be sure to check if all the addons are disabled in Chrome’s incognito mode. To check that, go to “More” and choose “More Tools.” Then, go to “Extensions” as well.
- Now, you should ensure that you go to the page labeled “Details” of each and every addon installed. After that, scroll down the page and see if the option called “Allow in incognito” is disabled. If it is enabled, make sure that you disable it. If not, the Chrome browser will open with addons even in its incognito mode.
- Now, you should launch the Google Chrome browser in incognito mode. If it works, the problem is related to one or more of the addons. In that case, you should proceed to disable the addons installed in your browser. Then, to identify the troublesome addon, you should enable them one by one. Whenever YouTube comments not showing after enabling a particular addon, that is the culprit. In that case, you should uninstall it permanently. You can launch Chrome once again and enjoy YouTube with comments now.
Well, what if YouTube comments not showing even after trying both the solutions above? In that case, you will have to seek an alternative. You can consider an option like Restoro Repair Tool to accomplish this task without any hassle. The specialty of this tool is that it thoroughly scans the repositories of the system. Then, it can replace the corrupt and missing program files that are required for the system to run smoothly. In fact, this tool has shown a greater success rate in pretty much all the cases we have tried. If YouTube comments not showing due to corrupted system files, Restoro can fix it without leaving any errors. Moreover, Restoro will optimize your windows system so it will perform smoothly.
So, that’s what you should do when YouTube comments not showing. Do you have any other doubts related to this matter? You can comment below so our team will attend to them at their earliest.