There are several BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) errors that are experienced by Windows users. Whea Uncorrectable Error is one of those common BSOD errors. In general, this error appears after startup. In fact, this Whea Uncorrectable Error appears as a precautionary method so your data will no be lost.
Usually, the real meaning of the emergence of Whea Uncorrectable Error is that there is a hardware malfunction. However, it can also appear due to incompatible, corrupted, or missing drivers in the system. Upon noticing such malfunction, the system displays the Whea Uncorrectable Error message and prevents potential data loss. To resolve this Blue Screen of Death error, you can try several different solutions.
What are the exact causes behind Whea Uncorrectable Error?
Here are some of the possible causes behind Whea Uncorrectable Error. This information might be helpful to address the error easily and conveniently.
- Due to hardware malfunction such as a faulty hard disk, graphics card, defective RAM, processor, etc.
- Outdated, corrupted, or missing drivers after performing a Windows update.
- You have overclocked the CPU of your computer.
- Your computer has a corrupt registry or a damaged system file. These instances are common species as a result of disk read or write error, power failure, etc.
Fixes to Whea Uncorrectable Error
Now that you are aware of the causes related to Whea Uncorrectable Error. Let’s see how to fix it. In fact, there are several methods you can try in order to fix this issue. You can go through these methods and try them to overcome the frustration for good.
01. Check if you have a Windows update to fix Whea Uncorrectable Error
Some users are lucky enough to resolve their Whea Uncorrectable Error with a Windows update. In fact, performing a Windows update could be the easiest fix in this list. In addition to that, an update can address a variety of other issues associated with the operating system. So, the best approach is to perform a Windows update as the first attempt. To do that, you will have to go to;
- Settings and choose the option labeled ‘Updates & Security.’
- Then, you should select the option called ‘Check for Updates.’
- Now, Windows 10 will check for the updates and install the updates (if any).
02. If your CPU is overclocked, disable it through BIOS
If you have overclocked your CPU due to some reason or another, that might cause Whea Uncorrectable Error. So, to resolve such an issue, you must bring it back to usual clock settings. This method is applicable only when the CPU is overclocked. Mentioned below are the steps to do it.
- Go to ‘Settings‘ and choose the option called ‘Update & Security.’
- Then, go to Windows Update as well.
- Now, locate the option called ‘Advanced Startup‘ and then select ‘Restart Now.’
- Once the restarting is done, choose the option called ‘Troubleshoot.’
- Then, you should choose the option called ‘Advanced Options‘ as well.
- Then, choose the option called ‘UEFI Firmware Settings.’
- Now, you will see that the BIOS menu is opened. You can choose the option called ‘Advanced‘ under this menu and go to ‘Performance.’
- Once that is done, you should locate the option called ‘Overclocking‘ and disable it.
- After that, you will have to restart the PC and see if Whea Uncorrectable Error is gone.
03. System Restore to fix Whea Uncorrectable Error
If you are still looking for some luck, you will have to opt for a system restore as well. A system restore is a process that brings your computer to a previous status where no issues were present. This process will not delete the files you were working on. However, recently installed apps and configurations you made will be removed through a system restore. Mentioned below are the steps to perform a system restore.
- Go to ‘Search Bar‘ and key in the phrase ‘System Restore.’ You can simply hit the window key to open up the search bar in the system.
- After typing the above-mentioned text, you will see a list of options appear in the panel. Just pick the option called ‘System Restore.’
- Then, you should click on the System Restore button and choose the option called ‘Next.’
- You will now find a list of restore points as well. Select one of those restore points to which you want your PC to be rolled back.
- Click on the ‘Next‘ button.
- Wait patiently until the system restore gets completed. Then, you should click on ‘Finish.’
- Click on ‘Yes‘ and Windows will restart.
04. Update the drivers of the computer to fix Whea Uncorrectable Error
Outdated, corrupted, or missing drivers can be considered as one of the common reasons that cause Whea Uncorrectable Error. If that is the case with your system, you will have to fix those drivers. The best thing you should do is to update the drivers. When it comes to updating drivers, you can consider two different options.
- Update the drivers manually
- Use professional software to do it
Updating drivers manually
In order to update the drivers manually, you should follow a pretty long process. Also, it would require you to spend some time as well. With that said, here are the steps to update the drivers manually.
- Go to ‘Device Manager‘ and then, expand the options on the driver you intend to update.
- Now, perform a right-click on the drive and choose the option called ‘Update Driver.‘
- Choose the option called ‘Search Automatically for updated driver software.’ If not, you may also click on the ‘Browse my computer for driver software‘ option. However, this option should be selected only if you have the driver if your PC has preinstalled drivers.
- Note: Installation of drivers using the manual method can be a pretty daunting and time-consuming process.
Updating drivers using a third-party professional software
As an alternative to installing drivers manually, you can consider using third-party professional software. Such a process will make the process much easier. In this case, you can rely on a software called Driver Easy.
Driver Easy is a software that has a smart algorithm to search for the appropriate drivers. Then, it will download those drivers into your computer and make the process easier for you. The best thing about Driver Easy is that it downloads drivers from the reliable, official sources only.
Driver Easy comes with two different versions called Free and Pro. With Free version, you will have to update drivers one by one. However, if you go for the Pro version, you’ll be able to update all the drivers with the two-click operation.
05. Run CHKDSK utility to fix Whea Uncorrectable Error
If the error is caused due to a hard disk error, you will have to repair it immediately. To do that, you can use the built-in tool called CHKDSK. To make use of this utility, follow the steps below.
- Run Command Prompt with administrator privileges.
- Type the text CHKDSK/f/r and hit ‘Enter.’
- Wait for some time for the command to appear and type ‘Y‘ and hit ‘Enter.’
- If Windows doesn’t boot, you may have to run the same command in the recovery console.
06. If the system files are corrupted, fix them
As you know, corrupted system files too can cause Whea Uncorrectable Error. Here’s what to do.
- Open up Command Prompt.
- Type sfc /scannow.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Perform a restart.
07. Test RAM through Windows Memory Diagnostic to fix Whea Uncorrectable Error
- Go to the search bar and type ‘memory.’
- Click on ‘Windows Memory Diagnostic.’
- Now, the computer will reboot, and ‘Windows Memory Diagnostic‘ window will open up.
- It will run the test automatically.
08. Disable additional audio devices to fix Whea Uncorrectable Error
- This can be done simply by right-clicking on the audio device and clicking on ‘Disable.’
09. Check for Drivers after starting Windows in Safe Mode
- Open your computer’s ‘Safe Mode‘ by rebooting it according to the manual of the manufacturer.
- Go to ‘Troubleshoot‘ and select ‘Advanced Options.’
- Select ‘Startup Settings‘ and restart.
- When in ‘Safe Mode,’ type MSC in the run dialog box. Then hit ‘Enter‘ and open ‘Device Manager.’ Update the devices that have yellow or red signs.
If you have lost any data when trying to overcome from Whea Uncorrectable Error, use Wondershare Recoverit. It will help you to recover the lost data.