We all need WhatsApp for communication in our daily lives. It has become an indispensable part of our routine. This app is needed for sending messages, pictures, audio files, video files and various types of other attachments. Sometimes, we need to delete our WhatsApp messages in order to make space for new ones. In addition to this, we sometimes accidentally delete our WhatsApp messages too. WhatsApp offers a fast and easy feature of restoring a backup in every type of Smartphone ( Android or iPhone) but many times that is not enough as the disadvantage of this feature is that it only recovers messages that were sent earlier than the last backup.
Tools like dr.fone – Data Recovery (Android), dr.fone – Data Recovery (iOS), FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery and FoneLab Android Data Recovery are specifically crafted for data recovery purposes for both our Android and iPhone devices. This article lists the various ways in which these tools can be used to retrieve lost and deleted WhatsApp messages. So let’s have a look at them without any further ado:
PS: for people who are wondering how to Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to iPhone 11 or How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to iPhone 11, click to learn more.
Sometimes we delete our data on WhatsApp and do not know how to retrieve them. WhatsApp has done its bit by giving a built-in option for backup which helps you in retrieving the deleted and lost messages. You can back up your WhatsApp chat history on iCloud (for iPhone users) and Google Drive (for Android users). Follow the below steps to ensure WhatsApp data recovery by using the Auto Backup option:
- 1. Uninstall your WhatsApp
- 2. Redownload it from the Google Play Store or App store.
- 3. Upon installation, WhatsApp will itself ask you to restore back up that was previously created.
- 4. Select the option to restore your backup.
dr.fone – Data Recovery (iOS) is a tool by dr.fone which offers to retrieve all your deleted messages on WhatsApp if you have an Apple device. dr.fone Data Recovery (iOS) is a top-rated software for data recovery for iPhone/ iPad. This software is useful in WhatsApp data recovery. This formatted SD card recovery software has these amazing features:
- Recovers the highest amount of data
- Recover deleted photos from iCloud easily, retrieve videos, photos, messages, notes, contacts, call logs, WhatsApp, and so on.
- Has iOS compatibility
- Available on Windows and Mac computers.
Using dr.fone – Data Recovery (iOS) is very easy and you can do WhatsApp data recovery by following this simple step by step guide:
1. Connect your iPhone/iPad to the computer.
2. Open dr.fone.
3. After the iPhone/iPad gets identified by dr.fone, Select ‘Recover from iOS device.’
4. Select ‘WhatsApp & Attachments.’
5. Click on ‘Start Scan’ for scanning the lost and deleted messages in your WhatsApp.
6. Once the scanning gets complete, dr.fone finds all your listed data.
7. Select the ‘WhatsApp Attachments’ option. This contains all your WhatsApp data from which you can recover.
8. Choose the ones you want to perform your WhatsApp data recovery.
9. Click on ‘Recover to Computer’ and all the lost and deleted data get recovered.
Besides, for people who wish to figure out how to save WhatsApp audio, click to read more.
dr.fone – Data Recovery (Android) is a software used for recovering all the lost and deleted data in Android devices. Examples of Android devices can be HTC, Huawei, Sony, One Plus, Samsung, LG, XIAOMI, Meizu, etc. It is regarded as the first software in the world to provide data recovery for Android devices (both tablets and Smartphones.). Let’s look at the key features of this software:
- It recovers contacts from Samsung Galaxy Phone with the highest amount of data.
- Retrieves videos, photos, messages, notes, contacts, call logs, WhatsApp, and so on.
- Has compatibility with more than six thousand Android devices
- Available on Windows and Mac computers.
dr.fone – Data Recovery (Android) is a proficient tool which can help recover lost messages of WhatsApp selectively unlike the backup option available in WhatsApp.
It helps in WhatsApp data recovery by following the following procedure:
1. Start the dr.fone application.
2. Connect your Android device to your computer with the help of a USB cable.
3. Click on ‘Next’ to make your device get detected by dr.fone Android Data Recovery.
4. Click on the option ‘WhatsApp & Attachments’ so that dr.fone can scan your device.
5. Select ‘Next’ to start the scan.
6. After the scan, all the lost and deleted WhatsApp data will appear on the screen.
7. Mark the ones you wish to recover, and then choose ‘Recover.’ The WhatsApp data recovery process comes to an end, and the backup gets saved on your computer.
FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery is a free tool that offers data recovery in iPhone devices. This software is a great tool for recovering deleted messages on WhatsApp. It helps you in retrieving all the lost WhatsApp data be it photos, call logs, videos, and other documents. Let us first look at the additional features offered by FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery:
- It is iTunes 12.x and iOS 14 compatible.
- Helps in retrieving data from iTunes backup and iCloud backup, solve iPhone contacts missing problem.
- It helps in retrieving 19 types of data of the devices such as iPad 1, iPod Touch 4, and iPhone 4/3GS.
- It helps in retrieving eight types of data from any iPhone be it iPhone 12, iPhone 11, or iPhone XS.
There are three ways to perform WhatsApp data recovery by using FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery. Let’s take a look at these three ways:
Method 1: WhatsApp data recovery from iOS device.
1. Download FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery software on your PC.
2. Once the software gets opened, choose ‘iPhone Data Recovery.’
3. Select the ‘Recover from iOS Device’ option.
4. Connect your iPhone to the computer.
5. Select ‘Start Scan’.
6. Mark the items you want to recover by checking out WhatsApp and WhatsApp Attachments.
7. Choose the ‘Recover’ option.
Method 2: WhatsApp data recovery from iTunes Backup File
1. Choose the ‘Recover from iTunes Backup file’ present in this software.
2. Select the files which you think contains your deleted files of WhatsApp.
3. Select ‘Start scan.’
4.Mark the needed items once you preview them and then select the ‘Recover’ button. The retrieved messages will then get saved on your computer.
Method 3: WhatsApp data recovery from iCloud Backup File
1. Select ‘Recover from iCloud Backup File’ from the FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery software.
2. Log in to your iCloud account by entering your Apple account details.
3. You will see a list of all the backup files. Download the files you can relate to.
4. Select ‘Start Scan.’
5. Preview your contents and then recover your lost and deleted files.
By the way, here is the full ApowerRescue review for your information.
FoneLab Android Data Recovery is a software which helps you in retrieving the lost data on your android device. Let’s look at the other additional features it offers:
- It is compatible with both Mac and Windows versions.
- It can be used in various iPhones like HTC, Sony, Huawei, Samsung, OnePlus, XIAOMI, LG, Meizu, etc.
- The data can be recovered from the SD card present in the Android device.
- Recovers all the text-based files like call logs, message attachments, contacts and text messages.
- It assists you in previewing and recovering data selectively.
- Do not affect or override the rest of the data on your phone.
- It is very simple and easy to use.
- It retrieves all media content like music, videos, documents and photos.
- Offers a 30-day free trial.
FoneLab Android Data Recovery helps in providing WhatsApp data recovery in Android devices. The backup messages get saved in an HTML and CSV format on your computer.
Let’s check out the step by step procedure involved in recovering data all the Android devices using FoneLab Android Data Recovery:
1. Install FoneLab Android Data Recovery after downloading it.
2. Once the application reopens, connect your android device to your computer with the help of a USB cable.
3. Enable the ‘USB debugging’ feature.
4. Select ‘WhatsApp’ and ‘WhatsApp Attachment’ in the interface.
5. Click the ‘Allow/Grant/Authorize’ button so that access gets granted to your Android device.
6. Click on ‘Retry’ if you are unable to find the above option.
7. To preview the lists click on ‘WhatsApp’ or ‘WhatsApp Attachment’ to see the scanned results.
8. Select the items you wish to recover and then hit on ‘Recover’ after previewing them.
So we can see how easy it is to recover lost and deleted WhatsApp files by using tools like dr.fone – Data Recovery (Android), dr.fone – Data Recovery (iOS), FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery, and FoneLab Android Data Recovery can help in recovering deleted WhatsApp data from your phone. We just need to follow these simple and lucid steps required in using the mentioned tools after we connect your phone (Android or iPhone) to your computer. WhatsApp data recovery sure becomes an easy task if we have such software made by dr.fone and FoneLab and we simply don’t need to worry the next time we lose our data or accidentally delete a message that we wanted to keep.