You may need to Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei due to various reasons. Such a requirement particularly arises when you need to migrate to Huawei from a Samsung device. Even if that is not the case, but do you still want to Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei? So read this article and learn the best three methods to get it done.
The Requirement to Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei
Have you have decided to get rid of your old Samsung device and switch to a Huawei device? If so, it is needless to say that the main thing you should consider is to transfer data safely. For many individuals, transferring data itself is a pretty challenging task. That means, they find it pretty difficult to transfer data from the old device to the device you buy. While there are plenty of data types in your device, WhatsApp is considered to be more prominent.
In other words, WhatsApp is a very important data type for many users who have smartphones. That is exactly why many users are concerned about what happens to their WhatsApp data upon switching devices.
As you already know, both Android and Huawei smartphones run on the Android platform. Therefore, transferring data between the devices doesn’t become a huge issue. This is a pretty different situation compared to transferring data from iPhone to WhatsApp or vice versa. In other words, you can Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei as long as you use the correct method.
In this guide, we share with you three very effective ways to transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei.
OK. Now, let’s read about each method and learn how to Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei. Eventually, you will be able to decide which method is best to address your situation.
PS: Let’s figure out how to transfer WhatsApp from iPhone to iPhone 11/X.
Solution 1. Use iCareFone for WhatsApp Transfer to Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei effortlessly
Step 1. Download iCareFone for WhatsApp and Launch It
1.1 Launch iCareFone for WhatsApp, and then connect both Samsung and Huawei phones to computer. And click the ‘Transfer’ to start.
Note: You will see a message saying that the data on your Huawei phone will be overwritten. Please click ‘Yes’ to agree and continue.
Step 2. WhatsApp data back up from Samsung phone
2.1 Firstly, please back up your WhatsApp data from target Samsung phone by following the screenshot instructions. And then click ‘Continue.’
Step 3. Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei phone now
3.1 iCarefone for WhatsApp Transfer is now getting the backed up data from Samsung phone. Please make sure both phones are connected.
3.2 iCarefone for WhatsApp Transfer is transferring WhatsApp data to your Huawei phone. Just be patient.
3.3 If you see the below interface, the WhatsApp data has been transferred to your Huawei phone successfully. Just follow the prompts to see the data.
Besides, let’s learn more about how to transfer WhatsApp messages to new phone effortlessly.
As we mentioned before, both Huawei and Samsung devices are running on Android OS. So, you can consider Google Drive as an option to Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei. Nevertheless, you should remember that there are some requirements to meet to use this process. Mentioned below are the requirements for your reference.
- It is a must to have Google Play Services and Google drive installed on both devices.
- It is compulsory to have a Google account.
- Be compulsory for your Google Drive to have adequate space to accommodate the respective WhatsApp backup.
As Long As You Have Those Requirements, You Can Follow the Steps Below and Transfer WhatsApp Data.
01. Launch WhatsApp on your Samsung device. Then, you should tap on Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Backup subsequently. That will allow you to make a backup of the messages on Google Drive.
02. On your Huawei device, sign in to the same Google account, which is used to create the backup.
03. Now, you should install WhatsApp on the Huawei device and proceed to configure it. At the completion of the telephone number verification, WhatsApp will detect the Google Drive backup. Then, you will see it prompts you to restore the backup.
04. Now, you should tap on the “Restore” option. After that, the process will begin. Once the process is completed, you can tap on the option called “Next” to complete the backup.
Please note that WhatsApp can often create a backup of your chats on the device’s SD card. This local backup can be used to transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei device. Mentioned below are the steps to get it done.
01. Start the process by creating a backup of your WhatsApp messages on the Samsung device. To do it, you should open WhatsApp and tap on the option called “Menu.” Then, you should go to “Settings” and “Chats.” After that, click on “Chat Backup” and then “Copy.” Click on the option called “Backup to Google Drive” and choose ‘Never.’ That will prevent Google drive backup. Now, your WhatsApp data will be saved on your local SD card.
02. Now, on the Huawei phone, you should get a file manager app installed. Then, go to “WhatsApp/Databases.”
03. You should rename the computer file called “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12” to “msgstore.db.crypt12“.
04. Be sure to uninstall the WhatsApp on the Huawei device. Then, tap “Restore” on your chats are going to be restored to the new Huawei device.
So, that’s how to Transfer WhatsApp from Samsung to Huawei. Please share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.