Have you switched over to a new phone but find that you cannot use your WhatsApp account? You need to transfer Whatsapp account on Android to continue using the app as you did with the old one. Nowadays it has become mandatory to switch over to a new smartphone as frequently as possible. The new and innovative models, great features, and of course the problem of the battery not lasting long often spurs users on to buy a newer more advanced version. While buying a new phone is an exciting prospect, one that puts you in a tizzy is how to transfer all the data from your old phone to the new device without losing any of them.
If you have a proper backup file that has all the data, it is easy to transfer the files needed. But if the new device has a SIM card of its own you will not be able to use your existing WhatsApp account on the new phone. Don’t worry; here is a detailed guide on getting the WhatsApp account switched to the new device.
How to Transfer Whatsapp Account on Android Effortlessly
To enable an easy and hassle-free transfer you can use dr.fone – Phone Transfer, which has beneficial features like the transfer from Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android or from iPhone to iPhone.
Step by step guide: Read on and you will find how easy it is to transfer WhatsApp account on Android device.
Before you transfer WhatsApp account on Android you have to make sure of the following:
- The new phone number which you need to use now should be active. In other words, it should be able to receive calls and SMS
- It should also possess an active and proper data connection
If all the above conditions are met with, you can continue with the process of changing the account to the new device from your old one.
1. The first step is to open WhatsApp in the new device. Go to the menu and choose, ‘Account‘ option from Settings.
2. In the Account, choose the option, ‘Change Number‘.
3. Now enter WhatsApp verified number in the box for old number. Enter the number of the new device, in the box for the new number. Complete verification process.
4. You need to make a chat history backup manually in the WhatsApp account. This can be done by choosing the Chats section of Settings in the main menu. Choose the, ‘Chat Backup‘ under the Chats option and click on, ‘Backup‘.
5. In the new Android device, verify the number that you wish to use. Now you can start using your WhatsApp in the new Android phone as you did before. You will also have to transfer the contacts and chats to the phone unless you desire to begin the WhatsApp account from scratch.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Account from Android to Android/iOS in 1-Click by iTransor for WhatsApp
iTransor for WhatsApp is another software that can transfer WhatsApp account from Android phone to iPhone/Android in just one click. By using it, you are able to transfer WhatsApp data from your Android device to your Android or iPhone directly in just simple clicks.
To perform Android WhatsApp account transfer, backup and restore, please free download, install and launch iTransor for WhatsApp on your PC.
Step 1. Select the “Transfer WhatsApp Between Devices” and connect both your smartphones to your PC.
Step 2. Make sure your source Android phone is on the left side, the destination phone on the right side. And click “Transfer” to start the task.
Step 3. It will only take some minutes, and you will find the processes are marked 100% and WhatsApp messages will be transferred from Android phone to your Android or iPhone.
Note: iTransor for WhatsApp can also transfer Whatsapp account from iPhone to Android, transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to Android & transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to iPhone easily for you.
Important tips to transfer WhatsApp account on Android
Tip #1: Restore chats
As mentioned earlier, it is necessary to have a backup done manually for the Chats present in your WhatsApp. Although WhatsApp has automatic backups done for all your Chats, a manual process will help in restoring all the chats easily to the new device.
Here are the steps to do the manual backup for iOS
- Choose, ‘Chat Settings’ in Settings.
- Click on, ‘Chat Backup’.
- Tap on the ‘Backup Now’ option.
For Android devices:
- Select the ‘Chat Settings’ in Settings.
- Tap on ‘Backup Conversations’.
It is not possible to restore chats in WhatsApp directly. You have to uninstall the app and reinstall it to restore all your chats. If you reinstall WhatsApp in the new smartphone, you will receive a prompt for restoring your recent backup. You have to follow the instructions and the chats will all be added in the new phone.
Also, let’s learn more about How to Check Who Is Chatting With Whom on WhatsApp easily.
Tip #2: WhatsApp Lock
If you do not want your friends or family members from seeing your messages on WhatsApp, you should lock the account. This is easy to do.
Use the app for WhatsApp Lock. You can download this app from PlayStore. If you own a Blackberry, it has a lock feature of its own called ‘Lock for WhatsApp‘.
Tip #3: Shortcuts for Important Contacts
To reach your contacts quickly and save time, shortcuts are the best way. This can be done easily for your WhatsApp contacts too. You can create an easy shortcut for a group or contact on WhatsApp.
If you are an Android user, you just use the Long Press for the contact or group you need to make a shortcut. Once the shortcut is created, you can view the group or contact easily on the home screen. Unfortunately, this facility is not open to iOS users.
The above instructions would have clearly shown you how easy it is to transfer WhatsApp account on Android device. With iTransor for WhatsApp software you will find it even easier to communicate with your friends and family on WhatsApp.