Backing up an iPhone is unfortunately something that a lot of people don’t do regularly. While every few months they may do it while they connect their device, are bored and realize that they haven’t done it in a while, not a lot of people keep a close schedule of when they back up their iPhone. This is a mistake. The thing about unforeseen incidents is that they’re unforeseen. If something happens to your iPhone that causes data loss, there is no going back. If you don’t have a backup after something goes wrong, then the chances are that you’ve lost the data. This illustrates the importance of backing up your device.
On that note, when it comes to backing up your device, while iTunes is always a viable option there are plenty of other top iPhone backup software 2020 out there, and in this article, we are going to take a look at some of those.
PS: click to fix it if you have problem with iPhone Backup Failed.
Top 1 iPhone Backup Software in 2020 – dr.fone iOS Data Backup & Restore
dr.fone – iOS Data Backup Restore is definitely towards the very top of this list due to how the program itself offers a variety of different features which support your need of data management. While today we are focussing on taking backups, there are many other features (including being able to retrieve data that you had accidentally lost) that you can take advantage of while using Dr.Fone.
Below you can find some of the positives regarding Dr.Fone Toolkit for iOS.
- When backing up your data, you have the option to selectively backup data (e.g. if you are only looking to take a backup of your text message, you can do just that).
- Dr.Fone has a fresh user interface that is not only aesthetically pleasing to is users, but is incredibly easy to use.
- Each feature provides a basic explanation so that the user knows everything that they have to before moving forward.
- If you are unsure about whether or not Dr.Fone is for you, then you can check out their free trial.
Below you can find some of the negatives regarding dr.fone – iOS Backup & Restore.
- The only negative side to using Dr.Fone is that while a free trial is available while using the free trial the only feature that is available is the ability to take a backup.
Top 2 iPhone Backup Software in 2020 – dr.fone – Transfer (iOS)
The last top iPhone backup software 2020 that we are going to take a look at today is the dr.fone – iOS Transfer. With this program, you are able to backup all of the data that is stored on your Apple device in a matter of minutes. Not only that, but you are able to selectively backup your data, giving you, even more, flexibility over your data management.
Below you can find some of the positives regarding dr.fone – iOS Transfer.
- dr.fone – iOS Transfer is a very simple program to use and has an incredibly user-friendly interface. This means that no matter how much knowledge you have regarding iPhones and technology; you’ll have a very easy time using this program.
- You are able to connect multiple Apple devices to your computer simultaneously. This allows you to easily transfer data between two devices (if you bought a new phone and wanted to transfer the data to your new phone) and makes the process a lot quicker.
- dr.fone – iOS Transfer is compatible with all iOS versions as well as all Apple devices.
- Duplicate files can take up a lot of space on Apple devices, and dr.fone – iOS Transfer has a feature which allows you to merge all of these duplicate files allowing for more space on your device.
- To top things off, the program is available for both Windows and Mac users, so no matter what platform you are on you can take full advantage of all of the features that is has to offer.
Below you can find some of the negatives regarding dr.fone – iOS Transfer.
- A free trial version is offered for those who would like to check out dr.fone for themselves and find out if it actually is a top iPhone backup software 2020, however the features are limited.
Top 3 iPhone Backup Software in 2020 – Aiseesoft FoneLab
Developed by Aiseesoft, Fonelab is one of the most secure pieces of software when it comes to backing up your Apple device and ensures that while backing up your data, none of it is lost. No matter what you are looking to backup, whether it be your contacts and your text messages, or all of your safari data, FoneLab can take care of it for you.
Below you can find some of the positives regarding Aiseesoft Fonelab.
- Aiseesoft Fonelab is able to take care of over just under 20 data types in a matter of minutes, making it perfect for backing up a lot of data.
- The program is updated regularly and therefore supports all of the most recent iOS versions as well as the most recent Apple devices.
- The user interface of the program is very user-friendly and does not require the user to have any prior technical knowledge. No matter who you are, you will be able to learn all you need to know in a matter of minutes.
Below you can find some of the negatives regarding Aiseesoft Fonelab.
- If your device has an iOS version which falls below iOS X, then the program is not compatible with your device.
- While incredibly friendly, the user interface is not aesthetically appealing and could do with being updated.
- If you intend on using the program regularly, it is worth it, although if you aren’t going to use it often, the price tag is slightly higher than other top iPhone backup software.
Top 4 iPhone Backup Software in 2020 – FoneTrans
The FoneTrans program is a great program for backing up data, and what makes it better is that you are able to use it in order to backup any data from any Apple device. Backing up podcasts from your iPad, or maybe backing up the photos from your iPhone. No matter what, FoneTrans can take care of it for you.
Below you can find some of the positives regarding FoneTrans.
- You are able to backup all of the data on your device, or take the time to selectively backup the data.
- FoneTrans contains several other data management tools, other than backing up the data stored on your device, including being able to sort through the data on your phone and selectively delete it through your computer (rather than having to spend hours on your phone doing so!).
- Unsure about buying the FoneTrans program? There is a free trial available so that you are given a chance to check it out before you go ahead and buy it.
Below you can find some of the negatives regarding FoneTrans.
- The only negative side to using FoneTrans is that while a free trial is available to everyone, the features that you are able to access are limited and unless the program is on sale (which it often is) then the price tag is heavy.
Top 5 iPhone Backup Software in 2020 – SynciOS
With SynciOS, you are able to fully control the connected device directly through your computer. While backing up data is the primary function, if you are performing other tasks on your phone, you are able to access the data libraries of your device as well as reboot or shut down your device, all at the click of a button. Being provided with a smooth backup process is important, and SynciOS gives you just that.
Below you can find some of the positives regarding SynciOS.
- SynciOS is compatible with all of the most recent Apple devices and is updated so that it is compatible with all of the most recent iOS updates that are released.
- There is a free version of the program available to those who aren’t sure if they are ready to buy it yet and would like to check it some of the features that it has to offer.
Below you can find some of the negatives regarding SynciOS.
- This program is currently only compatible with computers which run a Mac operating system.
- A common issue that has been found with the program is that while backing up larger files, the backup process may crash without warning. This can make the process take a lot longer than you’d hope for.
Backing Up Your iPhone with Top iPhone Backup Software 2020
I can’t stress enough how important it is for you to back up your Apple device regularly. A few times a year isn’t enough. There are updates released for Apple devices several times a month, and any of these updates can trigger data loss without any sign of it actually happening, which is why you must get ahead of it. In the event of data loss, you want to be able to retrieve as much of the lost data as possible. Without taking regular backups, this isn’t a possibility. On that note, this is the prime reason as to why you should take advantage of one of the many top iPhone backup software 2020 that are out there and prevent the risk!
Take your pick from one of the top iPhone backup software 2020, or even iTunes, and make sure that you take regular backups of your Apple device. You no longer have to rely on the poorly developed iTunes program which is full of bugs and errors, take your pick from the above.