It is needless to mention how popular YouTube is among modern-day internet users. In general, using YouTube is a pretty straightforward process. All you have to do is to sign in to your profile and start watching your favorite video content. However, in certain cases, some users come across the error, “there was an issue signing you into YouTube.” Well, experiencing such an issue is an annoyance for any YouTube user. Even if you haven’t experienced such an issue so far, it is better to know the solution beforehand. Such an approach is very handy as a precautionary method to resolve future sign-in errors related to YouTube.
In this article, we intend to discuss the factors as well as the solutions to fix this issue. So, read this article to learn how to fix the “there was an issue signing you into YouTube” error.
Reasons behind the error “there was an issue signing you into YouTube.”
In most of the cases, the above issue can occur due to minor issues that can be solved easily. Also, such an issue can occur simply because of your forgetfulness. Well, for your convenience, the causes are mentioned below.
Unstable internet connection
You may have an internet connection, but it must be stable and powerful to use YouTube smoothly. A poor internet connection can cause delays in connecting you to the respective website’s server. The result of such a delay can cause a “timeout error” and prevent you from signing in for YouTube.
Besides, click here to find out Is It Legal to Download YouTube Videos.
If you type the passwords without noticing the capitalization feature, you can end up typing the wrong password. As you already know, passwords are case-sensitive. A single letter that has the wrong capitalization will prevent you from signing in to your YouTube profile.
Wrong username and password
As of today, we use various online profiles for various purposes. To sign in to these accounts, we use different email addresses/usernames and passwords. So, it is completely normal to get confused with these passwords and usernames. Or, you can forget your username, password, or both. If you have forgotten either of those aspects, you can resolve it by clicking on the “Need Help” button. This option is located at the bottom of the Sign in box.
A common way to resolve this issue is to log into the official Account Recovery Page of YouTube. Through this recovery option, you can reset the password associated with your YouTube account. It should be remembered that you should use the Google account page in order to log into the YouTube profile. However, resetting the YouTube password will create an impact on your other services linked to the respective Google account. After resetting the Google account password, you should sign in for other Google services again using the new password. Some such services include; Gmail, Google Play, Picasa, Blogger, etc.
Well, if none of the above applies to your case, it is a more complex scenario. Such a situation demands a more complex approach, as well. With that said, mentioned below is a list of solutions you should use to solve this issue.
01. Enable Cookies in your browser
If you are trying to sign in using a browser, you must make sure that its cookies are enabled. Also, browser settings should be configured accordingly. Mentioned below are the steps to enable cookies and configure the settings. Please note that this process may slightly differ depending on the browser you are using.
To configure settings;
Go to the main menu and select the option “Settings” in your browser. This is usually located in the upper right corner of the browser.
Scroll down and choose the option “Show advanced settings.”
Click on “Content Settings,” which is located under the privacy section.
Now, tick the option labeled “Allow Local Data to be Set.”
02. Clear Cookies and the cache of the browser
Again, the process might vary depending on the browser you are using.
Open the browser. Press “Crtl” + “H” on your keyboard and it will direct you to a window that displays history.
Click on the option labeled “Clear Browsing Data.”
Now, choose the option labeled “the beginning of time.”
Check the box labeled “clear cookies and cache.”
Go to the Settings menu and choose the option labeled “Tools.”
Click on “Clear browsing data.”
Just make sure that you select “since the beginning of time.”
Make sure that the options “cache” and “cookies” are selected.
Then, click on “Clear Browsing Data.”
03. Disable unwanted browser extensions
In certain cases, the problem might be a troublesome browser extension. To overcome this, you should only disable them.
Go to the Settings menu and select the option called “Tools.”
Select the option labeled “Extensions.”
Now, make sure that all the available extensions and Sign in once again. Check if you get the “there was an issue signing you into YouTube” message again. If it doesn’t, you are through. From that point onwards, enable extensions one by one and sign in to find the troublesome one. Once the extension is located, just uninstall it.
By the way, let’s learn more about how to fix the YouTube comments not showing issues easily.
04. Use a different browser to fix ‘there was an issue signing you into YouTube’
If the problem is persisting after trying all those options, you should try changing the browser. For instance, if the problem occurred with Mozilla Firefox, you should switch to Google Chrome, Opera, or Safari.
05. Try using an Incognito or InPrivate mode (depending on the browser) as a temporary fix
If the problem is persisting, the issue might be an even complex one. However, as a temporary solution to this, you should simply use an Incognito tab and sign in. In fact, many individuals have mentioned that this method actually worked for them and resolved the issue. Using an Incognito tab is pretty convenient. If you use the Google Chrome browser, press “Ctrl,” “Shift,” and “N” together to bring up an Incognito mode. If you are using Internet Explorer, the key combination is “Ctrl,” “Shift,” and “P.” Then, you should try visiting your YouTube profile.
The major drawback associated with this method is that it is a temporary fix. You will have to follow the same procedure whenever you want to sign into your YouTube profile.
Fixing “there was an issue signing you into YouTube” on your mobile device
If you use YouTube through your mobile device, you should follow a different set of instructions to fix it. In fact, there can be several reasons behind this issue on smartphones. Mentioned below are some of the common causes.
- You have forgotten the exact password, YouTube ID, or email address.
- You have switched on all caps feature when you type the password to sign in.
- Your device doesn’t have a solid and speedy internet connection.
Besides, there can be software bugs to cause this error. Such an issue, however, can be easily resolved by performing a restart or some other complex steps.
Well, below is a list of options to resolve this issue on mobile devices.
1. If the mobile app is the culprit, you should try signing in to the profile through a mobile browser.
2. If the previous option doesn’t work, you should try a restart on the device and sign in.
3. If the problem persists, you should clear the cache of the YouTube app and sign in.
To do that, you can simply go to “Settings” and select “Device.” then, go to the “Apps” option. Select YouTube from the list and choose the option called “Clear Cache.”
4. Updating the YouTube application is another solution to this issue. To do this, you should simply go to “Google Play”/”Play Store” and get it updated.
5. If you have done any changes to the system or app, you should undo all of them and see.
6. If none of the above options doesn’t work, you should use a different email address and sign in. In certain cases, this option might work for many individuals.
7. Did you create the account before May 2009 and you didn’t use it since 2011? If so, your account is recognized as a “Legacy YouTube Channel.” So, to log into such an account, you must link the same account to a Google account that is existing. Mentioned below are the steps to do that.
- Sign into the Google account for which the Legacy Channel will be linked.
- Type in youtube.com/gaia_link on your web browser.
- Provide the credentials appropriately and click on the option called “Claim Channel”.
- Enter your YouTube channel’s username and password to the box and click “Claim Channel.”
- Sign in again and see if it works.
8. Two Factor Authentication is the other option you have. To do this, you should first download Google Authenticator for Android or iOS devices. If you are using a Windows phone, use a Microsoft Authenticator. Then, go to “Account Settings.” Select “Expand,” which is next to “Two Factor Authentication.” Now, enter the password and select “Enable two-factor authentication.” Choose one authentication app and tap on the “+” icon.
Then, add the YouTube app to that. Now, open a two-factor authorization configuration and provide a 6-digit verification code. Click on “Verify Code” to complete the process.
To Conclude for ‘there was an issue signing you into YouTube’ error
Well, that’s how to solve “there was an issue signing you into YouTube” easily and use your YouTube again. Good luck!