The computer is now one of the most important parts of our life. They can do a lot of work for us. So there may be a great number of data files stored on your computer. These data files are kind of vulnerable because the computer can crash easily, which can cause the files to lose.
In this case, you need to back up your computer with the “System Restore” function built in your computer. The System Restore is designed to help you create the important backup files so that you can get back the data files once they are deleted by the system crash with the help of the backup files of the System Restore.
PS: you can also click here to find out How You Can Delete Windows Update Files Completely and What Makes The System Volume Information Large and How to Fix It easily.
The System Restore can help you back up the system files, programs, and the registry settings, all of which may cause great trouble if deleted. While the System Restore can recover the data files like the emails, photos, audios, videos and so on. So in case you want to recover these data files, you need another kind of recovery tool to help you.
Now let me tell you how to use the System Restore to back up the system files on your computer.
- Step 1. Go to the Start menu on the desktop of your computer. On the menu, choose the “Computer” option and right-click on it.
- Step 2. From the drop-down menu, choose the “Properties” item. And soon, you will see a new window of the “System and Security”.
- Step 3. On the System and Security screen, you need to choose the “System Protection” on the left column. And you will see a new window of the “System Properties”.
- Step 4. Now, on the bottom of the System Properties screen, tap on the “Create” button and then the restoring wizard will pop up.
- Step 5. The restoring wizard will ask you about the details about the backup file that you want to create. And after you answer the questions, you can tap on the “Create” button to finish this operation. And the System Restore will create the relevant backup file for you. And there will be a confirmation message for you.
Now that you have created a backup file, let’s restore the system files with the help of the backup file.
- Step 1. Go to the original folder of the data files deleted. Right-click on the icon of the folder.
- Step 2. Choose the “Properties” option from the drop-down menu. And then the “Previous versions” item.
- Step 3. Now you will see several backup files you created before. Just choose the one that you want to use.
- Step 4. Click on the “Restore” option. Then you need to confirm the operation on the pop-up window. Just click on the “Restore” button and the process will start in no time.
- Step 5. The restoring process will finish in a while. And you need to click on the “OK” button after that.
As the System Restore can only help you with the system files, you may have to use another recovery tool if you want to recover the files other than the system files. And as a little tip, you may choose Recoverit Data Recovery, which is a professional tool to recover the data files like emails, photos, documents, videos, audios, and so on.