What is NoiseGator? When it comes to making the microphone’s quality as good as possible, it can be done by canceling or reducing the background noise while recording or making a call. There is no doubt that good sound quality is easy to achieve with a good quality microphone costing you a bit higher. But what if you don’t have that kind of microphone? In such cases, there are mainly three things that you can do in order to get the best sound quality in your recording.
The first thing that is generally in your hand is to close all the doors and windows of the room in which you are recording. The second thing is to arrange your hardware in such a way that the sound being created by them is not taken in by the microphone. It will also help you minimize the background noise. And, the third thing is to make use of a noise gate software or application like NoiseGator.
What is NoiseGator?
NoiseGator is a type of noise gate software which performs the task of routing audio from the audio input to the audio output. The software is light-weight. It means that it will not consume much of your system resources. And, as far as its functioning is concerned, the gate bypasses the audio in a normal way if it is above the threshold. But in case the audio is below the threshold, it is cut, and the gate closes. Thus the application makes the analysis of the audio level and makes corrections if needed, resulting in the reduction or cancellation of the background noise. And, it is possible for you to use NoiseGator as a noise gate either for input or for output of sound if you use it with a virtual cable.
Besides, click here to learn more about Google Voice for business and figure out How to reduce background noise on mic (Windows 10) easily.
Features Of NoiseGator
NoiseGator comes with a lot of useful features. I have listed below the key features. Just a have a look at them:
- NoiseGator can reduce or cut the background noise while you are speaking to someone on Skype or any other VOIP.
- It functions as a noise gate for the input to the output of audio.
- The application is very easy to use, and you will not have a hard time while getting used to it.
- You can also make use of this application for feeding a microphone through a speaker. It is also a great advantage or feature that it offers.
- It can noise gate a microphone in order to cancel the background hiss and noise.
System Requirements For NoiseGator
In order for you to be able to install NoiseGator on your PC/laptop successfully, it is mandatory for your system to have the following resources:
- Java 6 or higher if you are using Mac.
- Java 7 or even higher if you are using Windows.
- For using NoiseGator with VOIPs like Skype, a virtual audio cable will also be required.
PS: If you are looking for the best noise gate pedal and the best Studio Microphone For Recording Vocals on Computer, here you are.
Best Alternatives To NoiseGator
Apart from NoiseGator, there are many other applications or programs that you can use to cancel the background noise while you are using a microphone. After in-depth research, I have selected the four best such programs and listed them below for you to go through:
With the use of this tool from SoliCall, you can improve the audio quality while making a phone call of any kind. That’s because this application or software offers not only the innovative noise-reduction but also the cancellation of cloud-based and client echo. Software developers, network operators, call centers, conference-bridge providers, etc. are some of its clients from all over the globe.
Below given are the key features that this SoliCall application offers to its users:
- It is very easy for this application to solve almost all kinds of audio issues or problems professionally.
- The audio quality of the phone calls can be improved with the use of this tool.
- The noise reduction technology that this software possesses is patented and innovative as well.
- This application is compatible with a large variety of devices available out there.
- The innovative technology that this software comes with has been upgraded or improved over the last few years.
- Even the complex issues related to the audio quality have been successfully solved.
- This technology is being used all over the world with a purpose to filter phone calls daily.
- A dedicated and helpful support team is offered by SoliCall in order to assist its clients in the best way.
2) DSP Soundware
DSP Soundware makes use of an ANC (Adaptive Noise Cancelling) algorithm, which makes it powerful software for noise cancellation. This software can be used on a PC/laptop working on Windows. If you use it with a headphone, it will cancel all the background noise with the use of its algorithm, thus making your listening experience better. Once you start using it, you will surely fall in love with it.
The key features that you will be offered by this software are as follows:
- DSP Soundware is able to cancel the background noise very sharply.
- It is of great use in environments with high noise.
- The CPU power consumed by the program is very low.
- You can use it even with the battery-powered CPUs.
- It can improve your music-listening experience also.
- Intelligibility and the quality of the voice can be easily improved by the program.
Besides, click here to try the best free voice changer tools.
It is another noise cancellation program in this list of 4 best alternatives to NoiseGator. The algorithm that this application uses to perform its functioning is the digital noise reduction algorithm. And, with the use of this algorithm, it becomes possible for this software to produce recordings without disturbing and unwanted background noise easily.
Below I have put a light on the key features that you are going to have in this noise cancellation application or program:
- This software is an ideal tool for gaming and recording.
- It makes use of digital audio processing technology.
- You can also consider it to be a great tool for VOIP communication.
- There is a large variety of filters that you can control while using the program.
- Residing in the taskbar of your PC/laptop, the software will keep removing the background noise in order to improve the sound quality.
- There is a built-in recorder as well, offering a few simple functionalities.
- The recorder that comes included in it is a digital audio recorder that you can use for the recording of voice memos, etc.
This program has been developed to be used with the Andrea USB devices, and it supports the Windows operating system. It comes with the latest filters for noise reduction.
The key and most important features of this noise reduction tool are given below one by one:
- The program makes the noise cancellation task very easy.
- It makes use of the latest Audio commander.
- The software comes with a graphic equalizer of high fidelity.
- There is a set of preset selections for the specific control of the various audio levels like mid-range, bass, and treble, thus making it possible for you to customize the tone of sound as per your liking.
- It is possible to enhance the intelligibility by signal-cleaning with the use of this program.
- There are also available some recording features of the microphone like light beamforming, microphone boost, beam direction, and many more to say.
Bottom Line about the NoiseGator
If you are intending to achieve the audio quality as high as possible without changing the microphone you are currently possessing, it is highly recommended to go for some noise gate program or noise cancellation software, as mentioned above. You will surely appreciate the results offered by them. But, in case you are driving a vehicle like a car, etc., it is recommended not to make use of this kind of noise cancellation tool. That’s because the noise-cancellation will cancel the background sounds, making it impossible for you even to hear the sounds that would otherwise help you recognize the danger. So the driving will not be safe if you make use of such tools while you drive.