MacBook is a very popular device among Apple users. Many people make use of it for their everyday tasks and official purposes. Although it has a lot of interesting features, recently Mac has been receiving some complaints from its users. The most common complaint about Mac is that it runs slow sometimes. The issue of Mac running slow eventually results in several operations getting delayed. Slow performance leads to frustration among many users. Are you one of those frustrated users who want to know the answer to “why is my Mac so slow“? We have gathered the best methods to fix your problem of Mac running slow.
If your Mac computer is running slower than usual, there can be many technical and functional reasons for this issue. Here is a list of reasons for “why is my Mac so slow”:
- 1. A heavy application running on your Mac’s background can cause it to run slow.
- 2. Lack of space in hard disk due to the storage of too many unnecessary files may affect your Mac too.
- 3. If you haven’t upgraded the hardware of your computer in a very long time, this may be causing the “why is my Mac so slow” problem.
- 4. If one or more of your software is outdated, it may also result in the slow or improper functioning of your Mac.
- 5. A lot of startup items on your Mac may result in Mac running slow or crashing of your Mac.
The easiest and the most convenient way for solving your “why is my Mac so slow” problem is to use some cleaning tool for your Mac. One of the best tools available on the market to fix the issue of “why is my Mac so slow” is Umate Mac Cleaner. It can efficiently clean up all the trash in the system and disable startup items and launch agents to speed up your MacBook.
Features of Umate Mac Cleaner
Here are some interesting features of this amazing Mac cleaning application:
- Completely removes all the large or useless files
- Disables startup items that launch automatically on Mac
- Deactivates heavy programs, that occupy memory and CPU usage
- Removes secret commence agents that take up too much disk space
- Erases all personal caches and user traces
- Detects and removes unused add-ons and 3rd party apps
Umate Mac Cleaner is, thus, a great solution to clean up your device and improve its functioning speed. It is secure and doesn’t consume too much time, like manual operations. Cleaning your Mac manually may result in the deletion of some important files, but Umate Mac Cleaner detects only those files, which are completely safe to delete.
How to use Umate Mac Cleaner
Umate Mac Cleaner can be effectively used to clean junk from your Mac and manage unwanted files to enhance system performance and efficiency. You can easily install this app by following these steps:
- 1: Download and then install Umate Mac Cleaner on your Mac.
- 2: Start the software and choose your required features, such as “Speed up Your Mac.”
- 3: After properly scanning your Mac, Umate Mac Cleaner will start cleaning the cache and junk files on your Mac.
- 4: If you wish to deep clean your Mac, follow the on-screen instructions and click on “Deep Clean,” then it will begin to clean your device further.
With these easy steps, your Mac computer will start running faster and provide you a better experience without any lags and delays.
Here we are listing ten helpful tips and tricks that can help your Mac run faster and solve the Mac running slow issue. Try these easy solutions and see what works for you.
1. Make Use of Activity Monitor
Activity Monitor is a handy built-in feature in Mac OS. It helps you to see each activity of the CPU, energy, memory, disk, network, and other programs on your device. You can troubleshoot your Mac computer with the help of this utility feature in order to clean such resource-heavy applications that run in the background. Here’s what you can do:
- 1: Go to Applications and then click on “Utilities.”
- 2: Select “Activity Monitor.” A list of tabs will appear, showing the space taken up by various apps on your device.
- 3: Click on those apps that are taking a large storage space on your Mac and then click on “Force Stop.” Your Mac will start working smoothly.
2. Clear Caches to Fix Mac Running Slow
A cache is the temporary data produced and stored by various apps, browsers, and the system. It gets stored on your hard drive and is mostly generated to launch apps and websites faster. If you use many browsers and apps, then you must have downloaded a lot of cache files without being aware of it. Too many cache files can eventually slow your Mac. When you remove the cache files, you will notice some differences in the operating speed of your Mac, and your Mac running slow problem will vanish.
There are three different types of cache files on Mac, namely user cache, system cache, and browser cache. You can easily eliminate them instantly if you are using Umate Mac Cleaner or you can clear them separately by following these steps:
- 1: Open the “Finder” window. Then, click on “Go to Folder” in the “Go” menu.
- 2: Type “~/Library/Caches” and then press “Enter“
- 3: Navigate through the com. Apple folders and delete the cache files.
3. Store in your iCloud account
Apple provides a cloud storage facility to its users, which allows you to store all your documents and media files on iCloud. This frees up space on your computer’s hard disk, which in turn provides you with more accessible storage. It results in your Mac running smoothly without you facing the issue of “why is my Mac so slow.” To store your files on iCloud, follow these steps:
- 1: Navigate to “About this Mac.”
- 2: Click on the “Store in iCloud” option, and all your files will get transferred to iCloud from your Mac.
4. Optimize Storage
Mac OS has another built-in feature called “Optimize Storage,” which is very useful for clearing up space on your hard disk. You can remove those movies, and T.V shows downloaded on iTunes that you have watched already, or you can delete other useless media files on your Mac through this feature. Follow these steps to utilize this feature on your Mac.
- 1: Navigate to “About this Mac.”
- 2: Click on the option of “Optimize Storage.”
- 3: Select the media files that you do not want to use anymore.
- 4: Click on the button of “Optimize Storage” in the following window again. It will confirm your response and delete the unwanted media on your Mac.
5. Clear Trash Automatically
There is another feature in Mac OS, which helps you to clean your trash automatically and get rid of “why is my Mac so slow” issue. It deletes those files, which stay for over 30 days in the Trash Bin of your Mac and automatically frees up more disk space. To activate this feature on your device, follow these steps:
- 1: Navigate to “About this Mac.”
- 2: Click on “Empty Trash Automatically” and turn on the button next to it. Your Mac will automatically erase those files that are present in the recycle bin for over 30 days.
6. Reduce Clutter to Fix Mac Running Slow
The largest files that are stored on your Mac can be detected and deleted through the “Reduce Clutter” option. Follow these steps to use this feature for generating more space on your Mac and eliminating the issue of Mac running slow.
- 1: Navigate to “About This Mac.”
- 2: Click on “Reduce Clutter.”
- 3: Click on the “Review Files” option on the right-hand side and select the files to be deleted.
- 4: After selecting the unwanted files, click on “Delete.” Cleaning up heavy files will result in faster performance of your Mac and no Mac running slow problem.
7. Uninstall Memory-Hogging Apps
Some occasionally used apps can take up a lot of memory or space on your Mac, making it slow. Such apps can be easily removed, and you can get back more storage space. To utilize this method, follow these steps:
- 1: Go to the option of “Finder.” Then click on “Go.”
- 2: Click on “Applications.” The list of all the apps on your Mac will appear, organized by their size.
- 3: Delete the unused apps that are taking a lot of space by clicking on the option of “Move to Trash.”
8. Manage Login Items to Fix Mac Running Slow
Mac launches login items, such as add-ons or apps, each time when you turn it on. This sometimes decreases your device’s running speed and impels you to ask, “why is my Mac so slow.” Managing those login items can help a lot if you wish to improve the performance and speed of your Mac. Below are the steps that can help you to manage login items manually.
- 1: Go to “Settings” and select “Users.”
- 2: Click on “Current User” and then press the “Login Items” button.
- 3: Select the items that you want to delete and click on the icon of “–.”
You can also use Umate Mac Cleaner in order to disable the login item easily with one click. The application can help you detect and manage all the login elements on your Mac efficiently.
9. Update Your Mac Applications or System
Sometimes outdated applications on your Mac can take up heavy space on your device and result in Mac running slow issue. To update your Mac system, you can open the Mac App Store and then update your Mac system and all those applications, which are outdated.
10. Upgrade Your Mac’s Internal Hardware
Issues in your device’s internal hardware can significantly affect its performance speed. You can put in more RAM to your Mac or upgrade your hard disk with a new sturdy drive to improve its speed.
Note: You must know that in case you upgrade your Mac’s internal hardware, then its warranty will nullify. If you’re fine with it, then you can go ahead with it.
Conclusion on Mac Running Slow Issue
In this article, we have tried to put up all the possible solutions to improve your Mac’s speed and remove the problem of “why is my Mac so slow.” Although all the above-mentioned tips are helpful, we recommend you to use Umate Mac Cleaner for a highly effective and less time-consuming process of cleaning your Mac. It will provide you with definite results in just a single click with a faster and better performance of your MacBook without any Mac running slow issue.