The software like Lightworks rotate video editing tool helps users to upgrade the quality of video files by fixing issue s like faulty orientations and others. We are going to review this tool for you by pointing out both the good and bad experiences of the users. We will also be introducing some great alternative editing tools so that you can go with the best.
About the Lightworks Rotate Video Editing tool
This is one of the best tools available all-in-one and a super-comprehensive film editing tool that is known for its highly user-friendly interface and advanced capability at creating high-quality video clips. These films can be of any resolution, including PAL, 2K, and 4K, for any platform like YouTube, Dailymotion, and much more.
The software is currently available in the English language. There are two versions of this tool- paid and free, and they have features accordingly. The significant and innovative features of this software include:
- Instant use FX effects for the videos/audios
- Various media frame rates
- 4K videos proxy workflows
- Different formats supported for video export like 4K
- Precision of GPU
- Histogram tools
Now let’s talk about the Lightworks rotate video feature of this tool, which has the function of fixing the video orientation in cases when the angle of the video is faulty or has been inverted at 90 degrees. In any way you try, there is no way you can fix the angle of the video permanently with an in-built feature. It’s here that the Lightworks editing tool comes to the rescue by helping you to rotate the video via its expert techs that adjust the faulty orientations of the video clips.
Methods of using the Lightworks Rotate Video Editing tool for rotating videos
You will begin with downloading the program on a PC first and then install it properly. There are three versions of this software that are compatible with Windows, OS X, and Linux, respectively. Then you can rotate the videos by using any of the two methods.
Method one (recommended):
1. Import the desired video file.
2. Mark the imported file, followed by dragging it to the editing timeline.
3. Select the effect of 3D DVE followed by selecting the control effect of Z rotation for adjusting the video orientation.
4. Move the cursor along the Z-axis for setting the video orientation at 90 degrees. You can set any other angle by entering the value into the dedicated box near the Z-axis line.
1. Select the desired frame rate, and you can choose it from the many frame rates pre-set in this software for making the adjustments accordingly.
2. In the video, crop the part that you want to be rotated, and you can skip this part if you want the entire video to be rotated. Just select the entire video at once.
3. Hit on the option of Effect that is located on the right side of the tool interface.
4. In the tab of Effect, select the option of DVE.
5. Select the options of Flip-Flop and Slope at the same time for rotating the selected video.
Benefits of using the Lightworks Rotate Video Editing tool
The Lightworks rotate video feature is the most professional way to go about fixing the video orientation. Here are some of the benefits of using this tool:
- The functionality of this software is very simple, with just one feature that does it all. The 3D DVE effect, along with the Z rotation control, gives you the most customized and permanently fixed videos that will be error-free in their outlook.
- The output videos are fine-tuned and super smooth with the right orientation.
- You can export the videos in a wide variety of formats.
Downsides of the Lightworks Rotate Video Editing tool
As per the reviews of the users, several issues were also noticed with this tool. Some of the downsides of this tool are:
- The Lightworks rotate video feature has a little complicated functioning as the steps may get confusing.
- The 3D DVE effect stops halfway and isn’t much effective for dissolving or wiping the transitions.
- Data loss and need for re-encoding are some other issues, and there is no assistance available for them.
Given the difficulty of this software and the ineffectiveness it has displayed in delivering the results, you might need to take a look at the alternative video rotating tools available. We are going to talk about them now.
iMyFone Filme – Best alternative to Lightworks Rotate Video Editing tool
The tool named iMyFone Filme can be considered as the easy winner when it comes to getting the best video rotating tool in the market and also the best alternative to Lightworks rotate video tool. This software is a pro when it comes to video editing requirements and gives multipurpose services that give way to easy and quick editing of any media. The software is replete with many advanced features like special effects, transitions, fast video modes, audio options, text boxes, and much more. All of these technologies make the software a super convenient utility for the film editors and creators.
The primary and star feature of the iMyFone Filme software is the one that allows video rotation. All it takes a simple click made on this option for fixing the orientation of the video as per the requirement. You can rotate the video with the help of this software by following the simple process of any of the two methods that we are going to give.
Launch the software and then follow these steps for the desired action:
- For rotating the video, you will begin by moving the slider.
- For rotating the video as per the given axes of X and Y, you will have to first elevate the value by clicking on the upward triangle icon. And for decreasing the value, hit the icon of the downward triangle.
- And for undoing any changes made previously, hit the icon of the Undo arrow that is there on the right side of the main interface of the software.
- After you have made the desired editing in the video, hit the button OK for saving the changes and confirming them before the window is closed.
- You can also undo all the changes by simply resetting them.
This is another way for rotating the video and involves these steps:
- In the timeline, hit double-click on the desired clip and then start moving the cursor in a particular direction over a white point located on the top side of the rectangle box for rotating the video. You will see that the image will keep on rotating with that white point as the cursor will move.
- To offset, begin with moving the cursor on the clip while the preview window is open. Simultaneously, adjust the video according to the horizontal or vertical axis.
The bonus feature of the iMyFone Filme software
Upon downloading the software, you can avail of the free license for one month and a lifetime subscription for just $4.95. This makes the whole deal much affordable, where you will be getting the best benefits in so less.
FoneLab Video Converter Ultimate – Another great alternative
If you want software that does the job of rotating videos very professionally and effectively, then the FoneLab Video Converter Ultimate is going to work out great for you. This can be another great alternative to the Lightworks rotate video editing tool to try as it comes with comprehensive functionality, including features like compression the video format, trimming audios, merging the video files, adding subtitles in the videos, and so on.
The feature of video rotation is also present in it and does the job much conveniently. Other than that, the tool can convert videos and audios of any format into several other formats with much ease and speed, giving the best quality outputs. It supports a wide variety of video resolutions like 720p, 1080p, and 4K.
Please just follow below simple guide for rotating the video using this software:
1. Download the FoneLab Video Converter Ultimate tool on a PC and then finish its installation. Launch the tool then.
2. Hit the button of Add File for importing the desired video file.
3. Now hit the button Edit located at the top, followed by clicking the icon of Rotate.
4. For adjusting the video, hit the button of rotation located in the right.
5. Once all the changes are made, hit the button of Apply for saving them.
6. Lastly, click the button Convert for bringing the changes into effect and producing the final video.
Some other alternative video rotating tools
There are endless options available in the market for editing the video orientation, and here are some more such tools that you can try.
This is another professional tool that can help you to fix the orientation of video clips, just like the Lightworks rotate video tool. Here is how to use it:
1. Launch the tool and open the tab File. Select the option Import, choose the desired video file and then open it.
2. Drag that file to the timeline, followed by selecting it. Select the option of Effect Controls, and then hit Motion followed by the option Rotation.
3. Make an adjustment in the degrees.
4. Save the changes.
The only problem with this tool is that it is not that simple to operate.
Photos App for Windows
This is an in-built program of the Windows OS which allows viewing the media files. However, it can do more than that, and you can rotate the videos with its help too. Here is how:
1. Launch the app on your PC. Hit the button New Video and then choose option Start a new video project.
2. Drag the desired video to the library and then to the timeline.
3. Hit the button Rotate for adjusting the file orientation.
4. Hit option Finish Video followed by selecting the quality setting.
5. Save the changes.
iMovie for macOS
This is a great tool for Mac users that can rotate the videos easily with some simple steps:
1. Launch the software on the Mac PC.
2. Import the video file and then drag it onto the timeline.
3. Hit the button Crop and then the buttons for rotate for adjusting the inclination.
4. Save the changes.
If downloading and using the software seems like a big task for you, try these online video rotating tools that can do the work easily. Just open any of them in the browser and follow the instructions for rotating the videos. Some such online tools are:
Conclusion on the Lightworks Rotate Video Editing Tool
The high-end features of the Lightworks rotate video editing tool strive to give the best results for video rotation but prove to be restrictive. The alternative tools like iMyFone Filme and FoneLab Video Converter Ultimate make the task of rotating videos not only easier but also promise the best results in the least time. Some of the easily available tools can also be tried if you want something simpler and free of cost.