An iPhone stuck on preparing an update can be experiencing anything like problems with the device settings, update file, network settings, system software, or any other thing.
In such cases, the device becomes not only disabled to process the update but also carry out any other function properly.
So, here we are with the best fixes to treat all such issues on iOS 12/13/14 and make your device fully accessible again.
iToolab FixGo – Best Way to Fix ‘iPhone Stuck on Preparing Update’ Issue with Data Safety
An iPhone stuck with update download failure can be the most annoying thing to have, but at the same time, very vulnerable too, as any wrong step at this stage can cause the whole system or software to crash.
We suggest you go with a professional and reliable tool and thus introduce the system recovery software called iToolab FixGo that works for the iOS systems. It can prove to be the savior of your iPhone stuck on preparing updates, which can be of any iOS version like 15, 14, or 13.
Here is a List of Some of the Primary Features of iToolab FixGo:
- This is an iOS repairing tool that comes with all the advanced and professional technologies that aim at fixing the update troubles in iOS versions 15, 14, and 13. It can also be used for fixing a plethora of other iOS issues and ensures 100% results all the time in any situation.
- The best thing about this tool is that you don’t have to worry about any kind of data loss while getting the problem of updates resolved. It ensures safety as well as the privacy of all the system data.
- The software is compatible with a huge range of iOS devices and versions. You can install it on iPhone models like 13, 12, 11, XS Max, XR, XS, X, And 8 and with any iOS system version from 7.0 to the recent 15 or iPadOS 15.
Now We Are Going to Give You the Steps That You Will Have to Follow to Fix the iPhone Stuck on Preparing Update Via iToolab FixGo:
1. Download the software on a PC and finish installing it properly as per the instructions. Once that is done, launch the program.
2. Straightaway hit the button of Standard Mode. After that, connect the problematic iOS device with the PC via an authentic USB cable and wait till the PC recognizes the connected device.
3. In case of iOS not getting detected or recognized by the PC, you will have to activate the recovery or DFU mode on the device. For doing that, related instructions will appear on the main interface of the FixGo software, and you only have to follow them.
4. Once the DFU or recovery mode gets activated on the iOS successfully, you will see that all the relevant information about the device will appear on the software interface along with the updated and compatible iOS firmware for that device.
5. Now, you have to hit the button Download for proceeding further. The software package will get downloaded automatically.
6. At last, you need to hit the button of Repair Now for allowing the program to start by automatically fixing the iPhone stuck on preparing an update. It will also fix any other problem if there exists one on that iOS device.
This was it; see how simple! A lot of users tried this tool for fixing their unresponsive iOS devices and reported to have gotten amazing results for that. We recommend you to try it right away and see how it goes for you, which we are sure will be positive.
A lot of users reported having gotten more confused with the various error codes that occurred while they were trying to update their iOS devices via iTunes, and some of them even lost or got their data damaged in the process.
To prevent such situations of data loss, we recommend you to take the safe way out, and certain third-party tools can do the job more professionally for you.
One of them is Tenorshare ReiBoot which has the primary aim of updating the iPhones with any iOS versions like 15, or 14. It also promises to keep the system data completely safe against any loss or damage.
- It only takes one click for putting the device into the Enter and Exit recovery mode.
- The tool is compatible with a huge range of iOS devices and versions with over 150+ models.
- It can fix various issues like the Apple logo stuck on the iOS, unresponsive screens, loop recovery mode turned on, and many others.
- The software gives all the professional services to tackle different iOS issues like downgrading the iOS beta, troubleshooting Apple TV, errors in iTunes, and many others.
- All kinds of update issues can be fixed by this tool in a jiffy, along with restoring the IPSW file.
- Other frequent issues with the iOS devices like the white Apple logo, loop start, recovery mode, and the black screen can also be fixed in no time.
The software has two modes- free and pro. The former can only let you activate the Enter and Exit recovery modes on the iOS devices, whereas the latter version can let you fix the issues too other than putting the devices into recovery mode.
Thus, it is recommended that you buy the subscription for the pro version of Tenorshare ReiBoot to fix the iPhone stuck on preparing the update.
Now, Let Us Give You the Step-by-step Guide for Operating This Software to Fix Your Troublesome iOS Device:
1. Begin with downloading the software on a PC from its official website and finish installing it properly by following the instructions correctly. After that is done, launch the software.
2. Now connect the stuck iOS device with that PC via an authentic USB lightning cable and wait till the device gets detected by the PC.
3. Once the device appears on the main interface of the software, you will be able to see all its details. After that, hit the button of iOS System Repair for starting the recovery process.
4. Hit the button of Fix Now to move on. This will download and display the correct and updated firmware package for the stuck iOS devices.
5. Now, hit the button Download for downloading the firmware for iOS.
6. After that is done hit the button Start Standard Repair, and that will install the downloaded software on the stuck iOS and recover it.
Shut the Settings App Forcefully
Many times, the abnormal functioning of the Settings app of iOS devices becomes the reason behind the iPhone being stuck on preparing updates as that hampers the background functions important for proper downloading of the new updates.
If you find the case to be so, you can try quitting the settings app forcefully for resolving the update issue on your iOS device.
Here Are the Steps You Need to Follow for That to Fix iPhone Stuck on Preparing Update:
- Hit double-click on the button Home, and that will display all the background apps functional on the system on the screen.
- Find out the setting s app and then swipe up on it simply. It will be stopped from functioning anymore.
For the iPads with iOS 12 or Later/ iPadOS, Here Are the Steps:
- Be on the home screen of the device.
- Start swiping from the downside of the device screen and then stop at the middle portion.
- The settings app will pop up here, and then continue swiping up over the icon of the settings app for shutting it.
Delete the Updates for iOS 12 or Newer
The most plausible reason for the update of iOS getting stuck at the preparation stage itself can be the incompatibility or software error of the update with the device.
Thus, this can be solved by trying to delete the firmware for iOS altogether and restarting the download and installation process of the update again from scratch.
Let us now give you the steps to fix iPhone stuck on preparing update through this method:
- Open the Settings app of your iOS device. Select the option of General from the list.
- In the tab General, click on the option of Storage and iCloud usage. Now select the option of Manage Storage.
- In this window, all the applications that have been downloaded to the device can be seen along with the recent update firmware that was being prepared. Now, click on the options iOS 15 or iOS 14 directly.
- After doing so, you will reach another screen where you will have to hit the button of Delete Update and then confirm the action.
That’s it. The software will be deleted, and you can restart the update process to let it happen properly this time.
Check the Device’s Network Connection
An unfluctuating network connection is essential for the updates to get downloaded properly on iOS and other devices. Thus, it becomes important for you to ensure a stable internet connection on the device no matter what the network is.
You can try switching the connection to a stabler one if there is one available. If that doesn’t work out, your next option is to reset the settings of your network on the iOS device.
Follow the Steps to Do So to Fix iPhone Stuck on Preparing Update Due to Network Issues:
- Open the Settings app of your iOS device. Select the option of General from the list.
- In the tab General, click on the option of Reset.
- At last, hit the button of Reset Network Settings and then confirm the action by selecting okay in the prompt. It is to be noted that the saved Wi-Fi passwords will be deleted after this step.
Restart the Stuck iOS Device Forcefully
If nothing else worked on the iOS device stuck with update problems, you could move to the last option of performing a hard reboot of the device. It is certainly the easiest solution for the issue and requires the least to be done.
For iPhone 6 and Below:
Hold together the buttons of Home and Wake/Sleep until you see the Apple logo appear on the device screen. Release the buttons as the device will force a restart.
For the Series of iPhone 7:
Hold together the buttons of Volume Down and Wake/Sleep for ten seconds until you see the Apple logo appear on the device screen. Release the buttons as the device will force restart.
For iPhones 8/8 Plus/X/XS/XR/11/12/13:
Press the buttons of Volume Up and Volume Down quickly and then release them. After that, hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo appear on the device screen. Release the buttons as the device will force restart.
To fix the iPhone stuck on preparing update, we highly recommend you to use the iToolab FixGo software for the best results in the safest manner or go with the alternative Tenorshare ReiBoot program that also promises great results for the same purpose.
If you are good with manual methods and think the reason is meager, try out the other methods. Do share with us your suggestions and queries, if any, and we will try to resolve them all.