Is your iPhone screen not responding to your taps? Needless to say, such instances are very annoying because your iPhone becomes almost useless if its screen becomes unresponsive. That said, if finding a solution to the “iPhone screen unresponsive” issue is your intention, continue reading. We explain several fixes to address this issue.
Part 1: Common fixes to try if your iPhone screen not responding
According to many users, their devices have started to give some troubles after performing 13.1/13.2 update. “iPhone screen not responding” is just one of those issues, so they are desperate to find a solution. Apart from the “iPhone screen unresponsive” issue, there are other issues triggered by this update on many devices. Unresponsive home button, camera not working, and Siri not working are the other common issues for your information.
So, in this article, we intend to address all those common issues to the benefit of our readers.
PS: if you are bothered with the issues of The touch screen not working on a Samsung, click to fix them now.
What can you do if the iPhone screen unresponsive?
First of all, let’s take a look at the most common issue; iPhone screen unresponsive. There are several ways to fix this issue.
Solution 01: Ensure that your device’s screen is clean
Interestingly, some users find their iPhone screen unresponsive just because of dirt and stains. So, the most basic thing you should do is to check if your screen has dirt on it. If you find hard stains, clean them off. Also, check if your fingers are dirty, oily, or wet. Be sure to turn your phone off while cleaning the screen.
Solution 02: Perform a hard restart to fix ‘iPhone Screen Unresponsive’
If the iPhone screen unresponsive even after cleaning it, you should opt for a hard restart. As you may already know, a hard restart can resolve a variety of glitches in iOS devices. The steps you should follow are pretty simple to perform this fix.
- Press and release the “Volume +” button quickly. Do it with the “Volume –“as well.
- Then, quickly press the “Side” button and hold it to see the Apple logo. Once you see the logo, just leave it.
Solution 03: Force close the apps to fix iPhone Screen Unresponsive
If your ‘iPhone screen not responding,’ close the running apps on the device and restart it. For some individuals, this simple step can fix the issue.
There are two ways to do it, depending on your device model.
For devices without Home Button
- Swipe the screen from its bottom and pause the movement in the middle. Keep pressing the screen.
- Once the App Switcher becomes active, close the apps by swiping up.
For devices with Home Button
- Perform a double-tap on the Home Button to get the App Switcher activated.
- Then, close the apps as you wish.
By the way, if you are wondering how to unlock AT&T iPhone, click to learn more.
Solution 04: Delete or Reinstall the malfunctioning apps
Here are the steps to remove corrupted or deleted apps.
- Go to “Settings” and tap on “General.” Then, go to “iPhone Storage.”
- When you see the apps that need to be deleted, just tap on them and select “Delete App.”
- If necessary, you can download those apps once again.
Solution 05: Update your iOS version to fix ‘iPhone Screen Unresponsive’
If your iOS version is outdated, that could be a reason for the “iPhone screen unresponsive” issue. Anyway, it is a good approach to keep your iOS updated all the time to avoid potential glitches.
- Go to “Settings” & then “General.”
- You can then navigate to the option called “Software Update.” After a while, you will see an option called “Download and Install.” Just tap on it.
- Wait for the process to be completed.
- Provide the passcode if prompted.
- At the completion of this step, your device will be updated with the latest version of iOS.
Solution 06: Use “Reset All Settings” feature to fix iPhone Screen Unresponsive
Another way to address this issue is “Reset All Settings.” Here’s how to do it.
- Go to “Settings” and choose the option called “General.” Then, tap on the option called “Reset.”
- Then, you should tap on “Reset All Settings.”
Solution 07: Select the “Erase All Content and Settings” option (erased every file in your iOS device) to fix iPhone Screen Unresponsive
If the soft reset didn’t work, the next resort is to go for “Erase All Content and Settings.” Although this solution can fix the iPhone screen not responding issue, it has one major drawback. That means, at the completion of this fix, it will delete all the files in your iOS device. As a result, the device will start as a new one. If you can afford to lose all those files, you can simply go ahead with the steps mentioned below.
- Go to “Settings” and then select the option “General.”
- Then, tap on the option called “Reset” and choose the option “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- Provide your Apple ID so the content will be erased.
Part 2: What if the iPhone Home Button is not responding?
There are instances in which the iPhone’s screen is working fine, but the Home Button is malfunctioning. In that case, you should try the solutions we have mentioned below and get it working.
Solution 01: Check if dust and dirt are there
When you use an iPhone for a long period, it is totally normal for it to accumulate some dirt. This dirt and dust can accumulate in various areas, including the grooves of the Home Button. As a result of accumulated dust, the button can start to malfunction. Also, if you have spilled water on the Home Button, that will lead to malfunction. If that is the case, there is no other solution than cleaning it.
Solution 02: Use “AssistiveTouch”
If the device’s Home Button doesn’t work at all, you can use the option called “AssistiveTouch.” This will work as a virtual button that replaces the physical Home Button of your device. Here are the steps to do it.
- Go to “Settings” and choose “Accessibility.”
- Tap on the option called “AssistiveTouch.”
Part 3: iPhone Camera is not working
If the iPhone camera is not working, there are some fixes to try and overcome it. Mentioned below are those fixes.
Solution 01: Close and relaunch the camera app
As the most basic solution, just try to close the camera app and relaunch it.
- Tap on the Home Button twice.
- If you don’t have a home button, swipe up from the bottom, and stop at the center.
- Locate the camera app from the appearing list and swipe it so it will be closed.
Solution 02: Switch the cameras
Just try to switch the cameras and see if at least one of them is working. This ensures that you can identify the faulty camera. So, switch from Front camera to the Rear or vice versa.
Solution 03: Disable “VoiceOver” feature
You can disable the feature called “VoiceOver” and see if the other functions (including camera) are working.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Then navigate to the option called “Accessibility.”
- Turn off the feature called “VoiceOver.”
- Try to use the camera app now.
Part 4: Siri doesn’t work
In this section of the article, we explain what to do if Siri is not working on your iPhone.
Solution 01: Check if you have a solid network connection
As the first solution, you should check if the network connection is working correctly. Check if your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network properly. As you may already know, Siri wants an internet connection to perform.
Solution 02: Make sure that Siri is turned on
You should also check if you have switched on your Siri on the iPhone. If it is not, you should go to settings and enable it.
- Go to “Settings” and choose “General.”
- Tap on “Siri.”
- Toggle the switch so the Siri will turn on.
Solution 03: Check if you have Restricted Siri
If you have disabled Siri in Restrictions, the feature will not work. In this case, you should enable Siri and get it back to its normal mode.
As you may notice, there are different issues associated with your iOS device, and they need different solutions. However, many individuals say that those fixes are not working as expected all the time. In other words, the above solutions may not be that effective. However, the good news is that there is a powerful tool to address all those issues at once. Moreover, the effectiveness of this tool is exceptionally impressive. The name of this tool is Tenorshare ReiBoot. In a nutshell, ReiBoot can address more than 50 iOS-related issues at once. That saves a considerable amount of time and makes the process extremely easy, even for beginners.
With that said, please follow below to fix “iPhone screen unresponsive” or any other issue.
- Download the ReiBoot application on your computer and get it installed. Then, you should connect the faulty iOS device to the same computer. Once you have done that, you can launch the software and click on the “Repair Operating System.”
- Then, click on the option called “Fix Now,” so you will be directed to the next step.
- You will be guided to a page where the application gets ready to download the appropriate firmware package. Just browse for a folder and click on the option called “Download.”
- Once the firmware is downloaded, you can click on “Start Repair.” ReiBoot will start to repair the system now.
All you need now is to wait for the program to fix the iPhone Screen Unresponsive issue. That’s it!
Those are the fixes to try if the ‘iPhone screen not responding.’ If you have better solutions to address the same matter, please let us know.