iPhone no SIM card issue can emerge out of nowhere and prevent you from making calls. Also, it prevents you from connecting to cellular networks and even to Wi-Fi networks. So, if you are experiencing this issue at the moment, finding a solution must have become a priority. The good news is that we explain multiple solutions for you to try and fix this issue.
Reasons for iPhone no SIM card issue
Generally, the iPhone no SIM card issue can be tracked down by noticing two symptoms. In most cases, you can track it by seeing the error message. In addition to that, you can track it when you don’t see the carrier name and signal bars. Regardless of the symptom, it is exceptionally important to overcome this issue as soon as possible. Otherwise, you will not get any calls, text messages, etc. on the device, and it becomes nearly useless.
PS: for Android users who are facing the issue of the phone says no SIM card Android, just click to switch.
There can be several reasons for this issue. For your information, listed below are some of the most common reasons for the “iPhone no SIM card” issue.
● Your SIM Card has gathered dust
Sometimes, your SIM card can stop working just because it has gathered dust on it. So, as the most basic fix, you should check if the SIM card is clean. Simply use a clean piece of cloth to remove dust and debris and dry it using an air blower.
● The battery is overheated or wet
In certain cases, the battery of the iPhone can get overheated due to prolonged use. Also, moisture can gather insider the circuit and prevent it from functioning as expected. Such situations can lead to various errors on your iOS device.
● Your SIM card has become faulty
There are instances where your SIM card becomes faulty, and there’s nothing wrong with the phone or iOS. For instance, a damaged or scratched SIM card has a huge possibility of stopping working. If that is the case with you, there is no other option than replacing the SIM card.
● Your iPhone is experiencing some glitches
Your iPhone may stop recognizing the SIM card. As a result, the “iPhone no SIM card” issue can emerge. If that is the case with you, a restart may fix the issue.
How to fix the “iPhone no SIM card” issue?
Well, now you have a general idea about the reasons behind this issue, let’s look at the solutions. In fact, we list down ten solutions so you can pick the most appealing one for your situation.
01. Check if the SIM tray of the iPhone is closed properly
Sometimes, the fix can be a very basic measure. For instance, your SIM tray may not be closed, and that could be the reason behind this issue. In that case, you should simply close the tray properly so the SIM card will be working.
02. Remove the SIM card and put it back
If the device has started to display the “iPhone no SIM card” message, just remove the SIM card. Then, put it back in the tray properly so the error may be gone. If you have not done it before, just follow the steps below.
- Use the original Apple SIM card tray remover and open the SIM tray. Make sure that you don’t use any other tool as it can damage the device’s hardware.
- Take the SIM card out. Just check if it has any dust particles or stains. If so, clean it gently. Then, put it back to the tray properly.
- After a couple of seconds, you will see that the SIM card is detected by the iPhone. The name of the carrier should appear with the signal bars.
03. Restart your device to fix ‘iPhone No SIM Card’
Sometimes, to fix minor glitches, all you need is a restart. If the “iPhone no SIM card” issue has emerged because of a minor glitch, it may go away. The steps you should follow to restart an iOS device vary depending on the model. Mentioned below are those steps you should follow.
For iPhone X and newer models
For these devices, you should press the Power Button with any Volume button and hold them. You will see the slider, so just slide it to turn off the device.
For iPhone 8 and older models
Press the Side/Top button and wait to see the slider. Once you see the slider, drag it accordingly, and turn off the device.
Once the device is turned off, wait for a couple of minutes. Then, turn the device on and see if the SIM card is detected and the carrier name is displayed.
04. Enable the Airplane mode and disable it
When you turn on your device’s Airplane mode, all of its connections get disconnected. Then, you can turn it on so the connections will be refreshed so the SIM card may be recognized.
- First, you should go to the “Settings” of the iOS device. Then, turn on its Airplane mode.
- Wait for about a minute or so and turn the Airplane mode off.
In addition to that, you can turn on the Airplane mode using your iPhone’s “Control Center.”
By the way, here are the top best solutions of SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless for your reference.
05. Clean the SIM socket
If your device’s SIM tray gathers dirt or dust, it can affect the connectivity. As a result, the circuit may not be able to detect the SIM card. When the SIM card cannot be detected, it will display the “iPhone no SIM card” message. The only way to address this issue, as you can correctly guess, is to clan the SIM socket.
- Use your Apple SIM tray remover tool and open the SIM tray carefully.
- Then, pull the tray out and clean its socket. In this case, you can use an air blower.
- Close the tray once the cleaning is done. Once you insert the SIM, it will be detected by the device now without any issue.
If the signal bars appear with the carrier name, that’s it.
06. Update your iOS to fix ‘iPhone No SIM Card’
iPhone users experience various iOS-related issues as a result of using an outdated iOS version. If you have not updated your iOS for a while, that may be one reason behind this issue. So, the solution would be to update the iOS to the latest version and use the device. Even if you don’t see any issue, it is anyway a good approach to have your iOS updated.
- Go to the “Settings” on your iPhone and then go to the option called “General.”
- Tap on the option called “Software Update.”
- If you find an update there, just tap on the option called “Download.”
07. Use iMyFone Fixppo
iMyFone Fixppo is a powerful third-party tool that can fix many issues, including “iPhone no SIM card.” You can use this tool to fix your device without necessarily experiencing a data loss. Mentioned below are the steps to follow and fix this issue using iMyFone Fixppo.
- Have Fixppo downloaded and installed on your computer. Then, connect the faulty device to it and launch the software. Choose the option called “Standard Mode” from its Home screen and click on “Next.” If the device is not identified by the software, put it in DFU/Recovery mode. You can follow the onscreen instructions on Fixppo to put the device in DFU/Recovery mode.
- Fixppo will now search for the list of firmware available for the device. You can now click on “Download.” Fixppo will extract the software at the completion of the download.
- Click on the “Start” button to begin the repair process. When the process continues, leave the device untouched. It won’t take more than a couple of minutes to fix the issue. Once the device is fixed, you can restart it and see if the issue is gone.
The best thing about this tool is that it doesn’t cause any data loss.
ReiBoot is a feature-rich third-party tool that can fix more than 50 errors on iOS devices. It can fix issues like frozen iPhone, black screen of death, iPhone No SIM Card, restart loop, stuck on Apple logo, and more. ReiBoot can fix the errors without causing any data loss too. Thanks to its excellent user-interface, you can get your device fixed without any hassle.
Here are the steps to fix your device using Tenorshare ReiBoot.
- Download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer. Then, connect your iPhone to your PC and launch the software. After that, you can choose the option called “Repair Operating System.”
- Click “Download,” so the most recent firmware will be downloaded.
- Click on the option called “Start Repair” and wait.
- Once the repair is done, you should check if the SIM card issue is fixed.
09. Reset the network settings
If none of the above options have worked, reset the network settings and see.
- Go to “Settings” and choose “Genera.” Then, choose “Reset.”
- Select the option called “Reset Network Settings.”
- That’s it!
10. Use a different SIM card
If you are yet to succeed, just try a different SIM card on the same device. If the device displays the carrier name with signal bars with the new SIM, the previous SIM is defective. So, you should contact the service provider to get a replacement SIM.
If none of the above options have worked, contact Apple and tell your issue. They will fix the issue for you. However, as we believe, one of the two professional tools we have emphasized will be able to fix it. That said, if you know better ways to fix the “iPhone no SIM card” issue, please let us know.