If your iPad’s screen is completely white and does not display any icons or apps, you may be experiencing the dreaded iPad White Screen, also known as the iPad White Screen of Death.
That term makes it seem frightening, but in most circumstances, it is not as horrible as it sounds. It is not like your phone is about to blow up or anything. The iPad White Screen of Death does not always live up to its moniker. The procedures outlined in this article can frequently resolve it.
It is very typical for your iPad to become stuck on the white screen, and there are a variety of causes for this.
For instance, your iPad has slipped from your hands, an issue happens during the iOS system upgrade, or there are software problems, and so on. Regardless of how this error developed, the question now is how to fix the iPad’s white screen.
You will feel relieved once you have tried the six simple ways outlined in this tutorial, and your iPad should be back to normal.
Factors Responsible for iPad White Screen:
A white screen on an iPad can be produced by a variety of factors, but there are two most typical reasons. Let’s elaborate on that:
Failed software update or jailbreak – The white screen appears when you attempt to upgrade the iPad’s software, and the upgrade fails. This is very prevalent while attempting to jailbreak your iPad and failing.
Hardware Issue – If the software is not to blame, the most typical reason for the white screen is the wire connecting the iPad’s motherboard to its screen becoming loose or breaking. In other circumstances, this is just the result of aging gear. In others, the connection becomes loose if the device is dropped too frequently.
Fix 1: Hard-Reset to Fix iPad White Screen
This appears to be an age-old solution, yet it frequently works. If you notice a white screen on the iPad, hard resetting or restarting the device should resolve the issue.
It forcibly switches it off and on and resets the memory, restoring any slow applications or faulty operating systems to a known-good state. This will not destroy your device’s data storage.
Besides, let’s figure out how to bypass the iPad Passcode without restoring it.
iPad With a Home Button
- Press down the Home and sleep/wake buttons at the same time.
- Press the button down until the screen flashes and the Apple logo displays.
- Allow the device to restart normally after releasing the buttons. Your iPad will restart automatically and resume regular operation.
iPad Without a Home Button
- Start by pressing and releasing the volume up key.
- Hold and release the volume down key.
- Keep the sleep/wake button pressed until the device restarts. Release the key once the Apple icon displays.
This should fix your iPad white screen problem. If not, no need to worry. Let’s move on to the next solution.
Fix 2: Three-Button Combo
Try the three-button method before trying more difficult, technological remedies. According to feedback from several iOS users, this strategy is not always effective.
But it is still worthwhile to give it a go; what if you are successful? If you have an iPad with a Home button, the three-button combo Home + Volume Up + Power should be able to do the work.
The steps are easy to follow.
- Press down the Home, Volume Up, and Power buttons simultaneously until the screen goes off.
- Continue to hold down the button till the Apple icon displays.
- Release the buttons and wait for the iPad to boot up normally.
If you performed the hard reset and three-button hold but the screen went black and then back to white, there is still a way to cure the WSOD problem.
Fix 3: Using Third-Party Software to Fix iPad White Screen
If the iPad white screen issue continues after attempting to hard reset your iPad using the two ways described above, you may want to consider utilizing a professional iOS system recovery application to resolve it. This fix guarantees no data loss.
Fix iPad White Screen by iToolab FixGo
As a strong iPadOS/iOS system recovery application, iToolab FixGo can not only resolve iPad white screen problems but can also address iPhone stuck difficulties. Let us take a look at how you may utilize it to quickly fix an iPad Pro that has become stuck on a white screen.
1: Install The Application
Download and install FixGo on your PC, then choose “Fix iOS System – Standard Mode“.
2: Connect PC and iPad
Use a USB cord to link your iPad to your PC. FixGo will recognize your iPad. When your iPad is displayed, click “Fix Now“.
3: Fix The Problem
To proceed, simply follow the onscreen instructions, and the repair procedure will be completed in a matter of minutes.
Fix iPad White Screen by TinyFix
TinyFix is another computer program that is effective in resolving the iPad white screen issue. The following are the major qualities that distinguish it as exceptional in fixing iOS/iPadOS devices.
- You can repair your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without losing any data, even if they are running iPadOS 14/15 or iOS 14/15.
- It can resolve iTunes faults such as error 2, error 3503, iPhone/iPad frozen difficulties, iPhone/iPad wifi issues, and other OS issues.
- Even if you are not technologically skilled, it is simple to use.
1: Select the “Standard Mode” option.
Launch the TinyFix software. Select “Standard Repair Mode” from the three options provided on the main screen. After that, please connect your iPad.
Set your device into recovery mode or DFU mode as directed by Other iDevices on the screen so that the software can recognize it.
2: Get the Latest Firmware
To repair your iPad, you must first download the updated firmware. The application will automatically recognize your device and allow you to install the most recent version that is compatible with it. You only need to click the “Download” button. Wait for the software to complete the firmware download.
3: Repair the iPad’s White Screen
When you select “Fix Now” to fix, TinyFix will begin checking the firmware. When the repair procedure is finished, your iPad will restart and return to normalcy.
The Tenorshare ReiBoot application may help you solve your iPad without having to reset it, as well as any other iOS issue, such as your iPhone becoming stuck in recovery mode, not being identified by iTunes, or the dreadful white and blue screens.
To simply solve the problem of the white screen on the iPad, download the application and follow the instructions below.
1: Connect PC and iPad
Plug your iPad into the PC and launch ReiBoot. Once the device has been discovered, go to the main screen and select “Start.” Then, to begin, click “Fix Now“.
2: Get the Latest Firmware
You will now be sent to the firmware downloading page. The program will display the most up-to-date firmware version for your iPad. Select a saving location and tap “Download“.
3: Repair the iPad’s White Screen
After the firmware has been properly installed, select “Start Standard Repair” and follow the onscreen steps to repair the iPad system. When the operation is finished, your iPad will reboot normally.
Fix 4: Recovery Mode
The “iPad stuck on white screen” problem can be resolved by setting your iPad into Recovery mode. Your iPad, on the other hand, will suffer data loss. If you insist on utilizing this method, begin with the instructions below.
- Download and run the most recent version of iTunes on your PC, then connect the iPad to the PC using a USB cord.
- For more than 10 seconds, try pressing and holding the Home + Sleep/Wake keys. Afterward, while holding the Home key, release the Sleep/Wake button until a notification appears on your PC that reads, “iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes“.
- Click the OK button, followed by the Restore option. After that, iTunes will download the most recent iPadOS on your iPad and erase all of your iPad’s configuration and data.
- The white screen on iPad 2 should be gone after the restoration procedure. After that, you may set up and use your iPad.
Fix 5: DFU Mode
You may also restore your iPad by putting it in DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode and then using iTunes. In addition, the iPad’s data will be wiped. Hence, before attempting this method, you must back up all of your data.
Here is how to use this approach to repair your iPad’s white screen.
- Attach the iPad to your PC and then access iTunes.
- Turn off the iPad and hold down the Power and Home keys for 10 seconds. Next, while holding the Home icon, let go of the Power button. You must repeat the operation if you notice the “Plug into iTunes” prompt; if the screen goes black, your iPad has gone into DFU mode.
- You will be prompted by iTunes to Restore your iPad and will be asked to confirm the operation. Your issue should be resolved after this is completed.
Fix 6: Bring in the Pros
If none of the methods listed above are effective, you may require the assistance of an Apple professional. Go to an Apple Store near you and complete the operation. We are sure they will be able to help you with your “iPad white screen” problem.
Triple Finger Method
In most cases, a double touch on the screen will not remedy a white screen issue. In rare situations, the white screen is not caused by a software or hardware problem. Rather, it can occur when the user zooms in on a plain white item with the screen’s magnification, creating the appearance of a white screen.
To fix this problem, users might want to double-tap the iPad’s screen with three fingers pressed together. The triple-finger double tap returns the screen to its default state. Try turning the magnification off by going to Settings, Find Accessibility, navigating to Zoom, and pressing Off.
All of the numerous approaches to repairing the iPad white screen issue have been mentioned and described in-depth in this article. We hope the problem has been resolved now.