Instagram unknown network error can make you frustrated as it prevents you from accessing Instagram content. If you are here looking for a solution to address this issue, this is the perfect guide to read. So, just follow our solutions carefully and get this issue fixed for good.
As you may already know, Instagram is a powerful, widely used social networking service. As of this writing, the Instagram platform is owned by Facebook and loved by Billions of users. However, there is room for network-related issues on Instagram because it functions based on a data network. “Instagram unknown network error” is one of those common error messages you may receive when using it. If you are facing that issue, you might be wondering how to get it fixed. If that is the case, you should read this article and find the answers. In this article, we explain several ways to get this issue fixed.
What could trigger Instagram unknown network error?
The above-mentioned error can occur when you try to log into Instagram. Interestingly, however, it can occur due to some other error as well, although it indicates a network error. For instance, the same issue can occur due to corrupted app files, system cache issues, APN issue, etc. Therefore, you should find out the possible solutions to get this error repaired. The purpose of this article is to explain those methods.
Methods to try if Instagram unknown network error has occurred
Now that you have a general idea about Instagram unknown network error. Let’ learn about its solutions. In fact, there are a couple of possible workarounds to try in order to fix this network error. Before trying anything else, it is recommended to remove the Instagram app on your device. After that, you can reinstall it. However, if this method doesn’t fix your problem, then jump into the steps below.
01. Clear the cache of the Instagram app
By cleaning the cache of the Instagram app, you may be able to fix the unknown error completely. Even if you delete the cache, it will not delete any of the app data. So, there is no risk associated with this method. Also, plenty of users were able to fix this issue simply by clearing the cache. Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to clear the cache of the Instagram app.
- First, you should navigate to the device Settings and then Tap on Applications. Once you have done that, you should Tap on Apps.
- You can scroll further down and tap on the option called Instagram from the list of apps.
- After that, you can tap on the option called Storage and then Select Clear Cache.
- Once the cache of the Instagram app is cleared, you should go to the Home screen. Then, you should launch the Instagram app.
- Once you have done that, you should check if the issue is gone.
02. Clear the storage of the device to fix ‘Instagram Unknown Network Error’
If you still receive the Instagram unknown network error, you should try clearing the storage of the device. To do that, you should follow the steps below.
- First, you should go to device Settings and then select Applications. Once you have done that, you should tap on Apps.
- Then, you should scroll further down and choose Instagram from the list of apps.
- After that, tap on Storage and then select Clear Storage.
- Now, you will see a message that is asking to Delete app data.
- Just tap, OK, and the action will be confirmed.
- After that, you should launch the Instagram app and log once again if the issue is gone.
03. Reset the preferences of the app to fix ‘Instagram Unknown Network Error’
In certain cases, the system cannot properly configure the apps. As a result of that, the app will show various types of errors and lags. So, the best way to fix that is to reset the app preferences. If you don’t know how to do that, just follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you should open device Settings and then go to the Applications as well. After that, you should tap on the Apps.
- You can then tap on the icon with three dots. Then, select Reset App Preferences.
- As a result, this process will wipe out the app preferences completely from your device.
- Once you have done that, you can reboot your handset.
- As the final step, you should open the Instagram app and try to log in.
04. Reset the APN settings to fix ‘Instagram Unknown Network Error’
You may know that APN stands for Access Point Network. That means the settings pertaining to the carrier network settings to access the internet. So, you should make sure that the APN settings are reset to the default configurations.
- First, you should open the Settings menu on your device.
- Now, tap on the Wireless & Network and then Tap on Mobile Network.
- You should then go to Access Point Names (APN). After that, you should tap on the three-dots icon.
- Then, you should tap on the option called Reset to Defaults.
- After that, you should restart the device and check if the Instagram unknown network error is solved.
05. Delete the Instagram app and reinstall it
If the Instagram app doesn’t work as you are expecting, the next solution is to reinstall it. In this case, you will have to reinstall it. In fact, a reinstallation of the app will fix many issues apart from this Instagram unknown network error. Mentioned below are the steps to follow if you need to reinstall the app.
- First, you should go to the Home screen or app drawer. Once you have done that, go to the Instagram app.
- Then, you should tap and hold on the app icon. After that, you should either go to the Uninstall option or drag the icon to Uninstall.
- Once the app is deleted, you should go to Google Play Store and then search for Instagram.
- Then, you can install the app and see if it works.
06. Restart the device to fix ‘Instagram Unknown Network Error’
In certain cases, you can fix some issues on your Android device simply by restarting it. So, it is better to do that as well and see if it can resolve the issue.
- First, you should unlock the screen of the device.
- Then, you should press and hold the “Power” button to see the menu.
- Choose to “Power off. “
- Wait for the device to be turned off.
- Then, wait for about 10 seconds and press and hold the “Power” button. That will turn the device on.
- Now, you should launch Instagram and see if it works now.
07. Check if there is something wrong with the internet connection
For some users, the issue can be solely related to the internet connection but not the app. So, you should make sure if your internet connection is functioning properly and has good speed. Instagram unknown network error can occur due to a slow internet connection. As a solution, you can also try switching your internet connection from Wi-Fi to Mobile Data. If not, you can try the other way around. Also, try turning off the data connection and turn it on once again. If the internet connection is acquired through Wi-Fi, just restart the router as well.
08. Check the date and time of the device to fix ‘Instagram Unknown Network Error’
In many cases, the error can be triggered due to wrong Date and Time settings as well. So, it is always better to check if the Date and Time are correct. If not, you should correct the date and time. Mentioned below are the steps to get it done.
- First, you should go to Settings and then select Date & Time.
- After you have done that, you should enable Automatic Date and Time.
- Launch the app, and check if you’re getting the same error. If yes, you should try the steps mentioned below.
- Make sure that you set the device to manual and set the year to 4 years. Then, you should launch the app and see if it works.
- If it launches without an error, you can go back to the Settings app and reset the Date and Time to Automatic.
09. Give Instagram app an update
For many users, the Instagram unknown network error can occur due to an outdated app as well. In that case, the best way to address this issue is by updating it. Basically, an update can resolve various minor issues related to this app.
So, that’s how to fix Instagram unknown network error.