How to import WhatsApp chat from one device to another? Is this bothering you? Not anymore. This article will deal with all aspects related to importing WhatsApp chat. It is quite handy for both Android and iOS users. To continue reading the article, look for an appropriate solution for importing your WhatsApp texts.
Part 1: How to Import WhatsApp Chat to iOS Devices
There are lots of different methods to import the data. Here, we will talk about both free and paid services. Before we move further, you have to make a backup of the WhatsApp chat. Users employ different platforms for storing the backup. Once done, you can begin importing the chat from such platforms.
Method 1: Import WhatsApp Chat to iPhone from iCloud
For importing WhatsApp chat using this method, you should have a backup of the chat on the iCloud storage. People use iCloud as the most prominent application for creating a backup on iOS devices. This is also an official way to have a WhatsApp backup. Here, you do not need to download any third-party tool.
Create a Backup of WhatsApp Data
If you already have the backup file of WhatsApp, jump to the subsequent section. Otherwise, keep reading to get an idea about how to backup WhatsApp files on the iCloud storage.
- Launch WhatsApp and visit Settings
- Choose the option ‘Chats‘ and select ‘Chat Backup‘
- Users who like to backup their videos can also switch on the option ‘Include Videos‘
- Select the ‘Back Up Now‘ option, and the data will be backed up automatically to the iCloud storage.
Steps to Import WhatsApp Chat:
After creating a backup of the WhatsApp data, go through the following instructions to import it. Before going further, ensure that you have a WhatsApp backup by going to WhatsApp, and then, ‘Settings.’ From ‘Settings,’ go-to ‘Chats‘ and then, ‘Chat Backup.’
- Step 1: Install WhatsApp on your new iPhone, where you like to import the chat.
- Step 2: Ensure you signed in using the same Apple ID and switched on the iCloud Drive.
- Step 3: Launch your WhatsApp.
- Step 4: Now, verify your mobile number. It is important that you use the same phone number. Otherwise, you would not be able to import the chat.
- Step 5: Once you have verified the number, you will see an option for restoring the chat history.
- Step 6: Tap on ‘Restore‘ for starting importing the data. Do no press the tab ‘Skip.’
- Step 7: It will take some time to import WhatsApp data depending on the data size. Now, you can check your complete conversation.
Drawbacks of Using this Method:
- Users need to have an internet connection on their devices.
- For creating a backup, users should have sufficient storage on their iCloud.
- The mobile number needs to be the same for backing up and restoring.
- If a minor problem happens while backing up the data, you wouldn’t be able to import WhatsApp chat again.
Besides, let’s figure out how to Transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone and how to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android with ease.
Method 2: Import WhatsApp Chat from iTunes
iPhone users know what iTunes is. It is a very prominent tool for backing up iPhone data. But this tool does not offer any particular option for importing or exporting WhatsApp. Most users go for this generic backup tool because iTunes is available for free. If you do fine with it, use iTunes to import WhatsApp chat.
Create a Backup Using iTunes
- Run the recent iTunes version on the system.
- Now, connect your device to the computer and trust your iPhone.
- To backup your device, you will see two options – iCloud Storage and This Computer.
- Choose ‘This Computer‘ and tap on the tab ‘Backup Now.’
- After a while, the backup will be ready to import WhatsApp chat.
Import WhatsApp Chat Using iTunes
Once you are ready with the backup, it takes some clicks to import the data. To import the data, follow the instructions as:
- Step 1: Firstly, install WhatsApp on your iPhone and open it.
- Step 2: Run the recent iTunes version on the system.
- Step 3: Next, connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Step 4: Choose the backup you like to import.
- Step 5: Tap on the tab ‘Restore Backup‘ for importing your data. Keep in mind that this procedure will remove the previous data.
Drawbacks of Using This Method
- This method is pretty complicated for creating and importing the backup.
- It does not support cross-platform movements. For instance, this method is not meant for transferring data to the iPhone from Android.
By the way, let’s figure out how to perform WhatsApp hack online without survey easily.
Method 3: Import WhatsApp Chat to iPhone from Android Devices/Google Drive
This method is pretty robust for importing WhatsApp chat to all devices. Users can import their data from all platforms by using iTransor for WhatsApp. It is pretty straightforward and easy to import WhatsApp data using this method. One can import data within some clicks. You just need a WhatsApp backup for using this process.
Create a Backup of WhatsApp Using iTransor for WhatsApp
For using iTransor for WhatsApp, create a backup of WhatsApp. If you already have a backup on Google Drive, move to the subsequent section.
- Download and install iTransor for WhatsApp. This tool provides unlimited backup attempts for free.
- Connect the phone to the computer, and the tool will detect your device automatically.
- Now, select ‘Back up WhatsApp on Devices.’
- Next, tap on the tab ‘Backup’ after choosing a device to begin the backup process.
- After a while, you will be ready with your backup to import WhatsApp chat.
Import WhatsApp Chat Using iTransor for WhatsApp
- Step 1: Connect your device to the system.
- Step 2: Select the tab ‘Restore WhatsApp to Devices.’
- Step 3: Now, you will come across some backup files. Choose a file and click ‘Next‘ to move further.
- Step 4: Choose a device to import WhatsApp data.
- Step 5: Click ‘Restore‘ for initiating the process.
- Step 6: This procedure will take some time to get over depending on the file size.
- Step 7: Once done, you will be able to see your WhatsApp chats.
Part 2: How to Import WhatsApp Chat to Android Devices
There are various methods to import WhatsApp data from Android. Android users employ these methods for backing up their chats. The most typical methods for creating and backing up data are local backup and Google Drive. Furthermore, we will even discuss another alternative to import WhatsApp data to Android devices.
Method 1: Import WhatsApp Chat to Android from Google Drive
This method is very popular to store WhatsApp backup. Plus, this method is very simple to follow.
Make a WhatsApp Backup Using Google Drive
- Launch WhatsApp and visit Settings.
- Select ‘Chat‘ and then choose ‘Chat Backup.’
- Now, put in the Google account that you like to backup to. Then, select ‘Include Videos‘ if you want.
- Choose ‘Back Up.’ After a while, your data will be backed up to Drive.
Import WhatsApp Chat Using Google Drive
To import your data using Drive, go through the following steps:
- Step 1: First, install WhatsApp on your new Android device.
- Step 2: Next, verify the mobile number.
- Step 3: Once verified, WhatsApp is automatically going to detect the backup.
- Step 4: Now, you will come across the tab ‘Restore‘ for importing the chat.
- Step 5: Tap on ‘Restore‘ for initiating the process. Your backup will be restored in some minutes.
Drawbacks of Using This Method
It is a simple method to import WhatsApp chat. However, this official method also comes with some drawbacks. This process needs a stable data connection. Furthermore, users cannot import their data to iOS devices from Drive.
Method 2: Import WhatsApp Chat Using a Local Device Backup
When you download WhatsApp on your phone, it makes several folders for storing data. The folders keep all kinds of data like cookies, conversations, and media. For importing WhatsApp chat from a local backup, you have to find your database folder.
Create a Local Backup of WhatsApp
In the first place, you have to locate the Database folder under WhatsApp in the external or internal storage of your device. If this folder is in your SD card, then you have to insert this card into your new device. Users can locate the folder easily by connecting their devices to their system. Moreover, if you have this folder in your device’s internal storage, then visit the ‘Database‘ folder.
Next, you have to look for a backup file with the extension ‘.db.crypt.’ Now, copy this extension and paste it into the system. All the backup files will have the date and time stamped on them. For importing old backup, ensure to copy a previous file on the system.
Import WhatsApp Chat Using Local Backup
- Step 1: First, connect your phone to the system.
- Step 2: Next, insert your SD card into the new device.
- Step 3: Re-install WhatsApp even if installed already.
- Step 4: Once you have verified the phone number, tap ‘Restore.’
- Step 5: If the backup is in the internal storage, download WhatsApp, and do not open it after the installation.
- Step 6: Look for WhatsApp and then find the Database folder on your phone. Copy the ‘.db.crypt‘ extension backup file on the system. Now, paste the same in the ‘Database‘ folder.
- Step 7: Run WhatsApp and verify the phone number. Tap ‘Restore‘ when asked.
- Step 8: In some time, you will be able to see the entire chat on the new device.
- Step 9: Now, do not press ‘Skip.’ Otherwise, you cannot import WhatsApp chat.
Drawbacks of Using This Method
This method comes with several disadvantages. It is a bit complex and requires knowledge about different folder structures. Moreover, it does not support data importing on cross platforms.
Method 3: Import WhatsApp Chat from iTunes/iCloud/iPhone to Android
The most effective method to import WhatsApp chat is through iTransor for WhatsApp. This tool lets your import files for both iOS and Android devices. It is so simple and straightforward to use this program.
So, we recommend iTransor for WhatsApp for importing WhatsApp chats. It comes with lots of benefits. First, users can import data on cross-platforms with iTransor for WhatsApp. For instance, they can import WhatsApp chat from iPhone to Android and vice versa. Furthermore, users can even more WhatsApp from one phone to another with no data loss. Plus, you do not have to deal with issues related to storage space like iCloud. This tool is perfect to professionally export and import files from WhatsApp.
Now, you can choose one method out of all based on your requirements. Here, we have mentioned different methods to import WhatsApp chat for both Android and iOS devices.