iCloud is used for a variety of things. It can be used in an iPhone, Mac, and any other computer for saving the data. Additionally, it helps you to store contacts. You simply need to configure iCloud on the iPhone as well as Mac. Doing this will help you in synchronizing some contact present on your Mac computer if you edit a contact on your iPhone. This whole process saves the time of changing or editing a contact on both iPhone and Mac computer.
But before we divulge completely into the problem of iCloud contacts not getting synced, let’s first discuss the iPhone models launched by iPhone recently- iPhone 8 and iPhone X. iPhone 8 has the brilliant feature of A11 bionic chip which gives a boost to the iPhone whereas iPhone X has a beautiful design with facial unlock features.
Sometimes, a problem of ‘iCloud contacts not syncing‘ occurs and we don’t know how to fix this. This is when software like dr.fone Backup & Restore (iOS) & iMyFone iTransor come in handy if some common fixes don’t work. So in this article, we are going to discuss how to fix the problem of iCloud contacts not syncing and how to use professional third-party software when everything else fails.
One of the primary reasons behind iCloud contacts not syncing is having upgraded to the latest version of iPhone’s operating system. After the upgrading of OS, sometimes default settings of the contacts in the iPhone get applied again. So the iCloud cannot update data during synchronization. Follow the below steps to prevent iCloud contacts from not syncing.
Step 1: Go to Syncing settings
In your iPhone, go to the ‘General menu.’ After this select ‘iCloud’ and then ‘Turn off contacts in iCloud.’ Now you need to go to ‘Power off Device’ and after giving a few seconds, put on the power of the device again. In the end, tap on ‘Turn on contact syncing again.’ This whole process may help when iCloud contacts not syncing.
Step 2: Perform account details check
If the above step does not work, then you can follow these steps if you have multiple accounts. In your iPhone, go to ‘Settings,’ and go to ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars.’ Now tap on ‘iCloud’ and then finally click on ‘Delete Account.’ After these steps, it is mandatory to restart the iPhone. You have to attach your account to the device again and then restart it one more time.
Besides, if you are facing the iPhone contacts missing names issue, click here to fix it now.
Sometimes, iCloud contacts not syncing happens when you have added contact in an Outlook account, but it is still not appearing in the contacts folder of iCloud. Follow the following steps to correct such a problem:
1. You should have the current version of the control panel of iCloud. If not, upgrade it at https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204283
2. Open Outlook account, then log into it. Click on ‘File’ and then select the iCloud menu. Remove the email account that you have and close it.
3. After the above step, select the ‘Data File’ option and select the iCloud menu again. Remove your email account and close it.
4. Now you need to sign into the iCloud app for which you need to click on the Windows button, select Control Panel, and then click on iCloud.
5. Now select ‘Setup iCloud Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks.
6. Reopen Outlook, and in the end, it will prevent ‘iCloud contacts not syncing’ problem.
Part 3: Alternate method to back up contacts saved in iPhone by using dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS)
We strongly want to suggest dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) to you. dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) is a software that helps you in data recovery on both your Android and iOS devices. You won’t face iCloud contacts not syncing if you download it. Additionally, it will also help you in data backup and restore. Here are some stunning features of dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS):
- One press backs up the entire iOS device on a computer
- Enables a selective export of contacts from your iPhone to the computer, transfer WhatsApp to new phone, transfer text messages from iPhone to Galaxy S9 & sync contacts from iPhone to Galaxy S9
- Allow an easy preview
- No loss of data during the restoration process
- Be compatible with iPhone 8/7/7 plus, iPhone X/XS/XR, iPhone SE, iPhone 5/5c/5s/6s/6s/ 6s plus all of them which run on iOS 8/9/10/11/12/13/14.
- Can be used on Mac 10.15 and Windows 10
- Compatible with Windows and Mac computers
Follow the below listed steps to use dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) and solve the problem of ‘iCloud contacts not syncing.’
1. Download the software and open it on the PC. Choose ‘Backup & Restore.’ After doing this connect your device to your computer and dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) will detect the iPhone.
2. dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) will detect every file in your iPhone. Start by searching the file that needs backing up. Select that particular file and select ‘Backup.’ Wait for some time for the process to take place. If you select a bigger file, the longer it will take.
3. Select ‘Export to the PC.’
4. All the contacts on iCloud will get synced to your PC after some time.
iMyFone iTransor helps in making a backup of everything present in your iPad, iPod, and iPhone in clear and quick steps. This program helps in giving a backup to the files which in turn helps in easy viewing of the content of the files. In addition to this, we can also extract data individually and send or export some files to various other devices. Hence, iMyFone iTransor is that type of a program that can surely help in solving the problems of iCloud contacts not syncing. Let’s take a closer look at some other amazing features it has to offer:
- Helps in a full or partial restoration of data to iOS devices from the backup of iCloud/iTunes.
- Fix iPhone alarm not working, iPhone contacts missing, iPhone thinks headphones are plugged in & iPhone camera won’t focus.
- Provides a trial version first to help the customer in making a decision to buy it.
- Can export or send 20 varieties of data from third-party apps like WhatsApp, contacts, etc. and also the built-in proprietary ones present in an iPhone.
- Supports all types of iOs devices, for instance, iPhone 6/6S/6S Plus/7 Plus/7/ 7 Plus/8 or X/XR/XS using iOS 7/8/9/10/11/12,13,14, etc.
Hence, we can see how we can solve the problem of ‘iCloud contacts not syncing‘ by using the various fixes mentioned in this article, and if these fixes don’t work, we have software like dr.fone – Backup & Restore (iOS) & iMyFone iTransor to help us out.