Do you want to learn how to turn off the location on life360 without anyone knowing? Well, with this article, we explain the practical ways to make it happen.
This knowledge can be handy for you so you can learn if your kid is cheating on you. We will explain all that in the rest of the paragraphs.
The Requirement to Have Life360
We all know that kids are innocent and curious. Because of this curiosity, they get manipulated pretty easily. Also, many tend to take advantage of this characteristic. So, if you are a parent, you have a huge responsibility to look after your kids.
You should take all the measures to protect them from all sorts of dangers. In modern society, there are cases pertaining to violence, abuse, harassment, and other dangers.
However, with the advent of information technology, there are plenty of apps today to protect your children. These apps are developed to keep in touch with your loved ones, regardless of their location.
There are plenty of those apps in the market, and only some of them work as they promise. Life360 is one of those promising apps that allows you to monitor your loved ones. It is true that this special tool allows you to get connected around the clock.
However, for some individuals, it might sound like a privacy breach. This is particularly true when it comes to teenagers and adults.
So, whenever they want to stay under your radar, they find a way to cheat. If your kid does the same and cheats on you, that could end up causing various troubles.
Although staying off your watch could feel like a relief for them, they are exposed to many threats. So, as a parent, it is imperative for you to know how those apps work. Otherwise, it will be too late for both parents and kids when they realize something bad has happened.
So, in this article, we explain how to turn off the location on life360 without anyone knowing.
PS: if you are looking for the best top mock location apps for Android and iPhone, click to have a try now.
Introduction to Life360
Life360 is a dedicated app that comes as a comprehensive utility to stay in touch with your loved ones. It works as a family-centered app that functions based on location. You can chat, communicate, and even use driving safety tools associated with this app.
The purpose of this app is to make parents know where their kids and loved ones are. Thankfully, it can even track the real-time location of each added member, and that’s a great relief.
It is true that real-time location tracking is a very effective approach when it comes to the safety factor. However, for some, it can be pretty intimidating.
After all, knowing someone is watching you whenever you make a move can be pretty embarrassing. This is specifically true for teens, as we mentioned before. That is exactly why they learn how to turn off location on life360 without anyone knowing.
Mentioned below are the most common reasons for them to turn off this feature and stay off the radar.
- Experience a sense of invasion of their privacy and think that the parents are spying on them.
- Kids don’t want their parents to know the real-time location when they go out with friends.
- They want to have some “off the record” activities with friends.
- They want to approach a “prohibited” zone without the knowledge of the parents.
Likewise, there can be many other plans with your teenage kid, so they want to manipulate Life360.
So, How to Turn Off Location on Life360 Without Anyone Knowing?
As of now, you have a reasonable understanding of the requirement of turning off Life360. Now, it is better to learn how to turn off the location on life360 without anyone knowing. That knowledge will be handy, so we can identify it very quickly if your kids have done anything “too-smart.”
So, mentioned below are some ways how to turn off the location on life360 without anyone knowing.
Option 1: How to Turn Off Location on Life360 Without Anyone Knowing With a Location Spoofing App
Those who use Android devices can use a location spoofing app to pretend a different location. In fact, using a location spoofing app is easier than you think. It requires only three steps for an Android user to spoof their location.
Mentioned below are those steps for your reference.
- Download a Location Spoofing app on the respective Android device. You can use Google Play to download such an app.
- Turn on the Developer Settings on the respective Android device.
- Now, turn on the option called “Select Mock Location App“. That will command the respective Android device to work based on the Fake GPS location.
Option 2: How to Turn Off Location on Life360 Without Anyone Knowing By Turning Off the Wi-Fi Data
As you may already know, Life360 requires an internet connection to transmit data between the devices. So, in the absence of an internet connection, parents cannot find the whereabouts of the kids.
Here’s how it works.
- First, turn on the option called “Battery Saver” mode, and the app will stop refreshing.
- After that, you should turn off both Wi-Fi and cellular data. If you are using an iPhone, you can even turn off data only for the Life360 app.
- After that, you should go to “Settings” and then tap on the option called Life360. Then, turn off Cellular Data. In addition to that, don’t forget to turn off Background Refresh and Motion & Fitness as well.
- Now, the location sharing feature on Life360 will be paused.
Option 3: How to Turn Off Location on Life360 Without Anyone Knowing Use a Burner Phone
For many individuals, this might sound like a pretty complex process. However, this can be done easily. Here’s how to turn off location on life360 without anyone knowing using a burner phone.
- Buy a Burner Phone and install Life360 on it using the same account credentials.
- Connect the Burner Phone to the Wi-Fi network where you are supposed to be.
- Now, delete the Life360 app from your device.
Option 4: Use an App to Spoof the Location
There are various location spoofing apps in the market. These apps come with various features. However, not all those apps are the same. Some apps don’t necessarily do what they promise. In this section of our article, we explain two powerful apps that can change the location effortlessly.
01. Use iToolab AnyGo
iToolab AnyGo is one of the best in the business when it comes to changing the location. With this tool, you can change the iOS device’s location immediately to anywhere in the world.
Moreover, this tool can stimulate the movements of the device. So, if your kids use this tool, they can easily pretend that they are from a different location.
As a result, those who are in the Life360 circle will not be able to detect the actual location—mentioned below is how to use this app and fake the location.
- Download iToolab AnyGo and get it installed. After that, you should launch the software and click on the “Start” option.
- Now, please connect the iPhone to the same computer. Then, trust the computer on the device when prompted. After that, you should enter the respective passcode so the device will be properly connected.
- Now, you will see a popup displaying the current location on the map. You can now choose the option called “Teleport Mode” located at the top-right corner.
- After that, you should scroll the mouse and find a desired location on the map. If not, you can even choose a location by entering a GPS coordinate or typing an address.
- Now, you should see the location information. Click on “Go“, so the location will be changed without any delay.
Tenorshare iAnyGo is another professional and powerful app that can change the location of the iPhone immediately.
It supports all the iOS versions, including the most recent ones. This is an ideal option for those who wonder how to turn off the location on life360 without anyone knowing.
- Download and install iAnyGo on the computer. After that, launch the tool & click on “Change Location.”
- Now, connect the iPhone to the same PC/Mac with a cable. Unlock the iOS device and trust the connected computer.
- Now, you should choose the desired location on the given map. Once the respective location is chosen, tap on the option called “Start to Modify.”
That’s it. Now, no one will be able to track your location through Life360.
What Are the Dangers Associated with Turning Off Location Sharing?
If an app like Life360 is installed on your device, that could trigger some privacy concerns. Despite that, it is a pretty handy feature for a particular group (such as family) to track each other.
So, if someone turns off or fakes the location on Life360, there can be some consequences. Those consequences are mentioned below for your reference.
● Possibility to Sneak Out
There is no shortage of teenagers who intend to sneak out during the night. They often plan to attend parties and hang out with friends. If they have turned off or faked the location, parents will now know the whereabouts.
So, if something bad happens to the kids, parents will never know that. Also, the kids will spend restless nights, and that will eventually affect the productivity of their student life.
● Exposing to the Risk of Being Kidnapped
Plenty of criminals and other ill-intentioned individuals are there in society. So, for a teenage kid, the world is not as safe as you might assume. If you don’t know the real location of your kid, they are likely to face those dangers.
● Lack of Supervision
Whenever the kids turn off their locations, parents will not be able to track their whereabouts. As a result, your kids can hide in inappropriate locations and engage in risky practices. So, supervising the kids all the time is a very important thing for safety.
What if They Have Already Turned off the Location Feature on Life360?
Here are some important steps you should take if you find that the kids have turned off Life360.
- First, you should be open and have a friendly talk with your kids. You should explain to them why you want them to have a Life360 location feature enabled on their device.
- Explain all the positive sides associated with Life360. Tell them that it makes things easier for both parties.
- Tell them that you are not trying to breach their privacy. Explain that you are protecting them from all the potential dangers.
- Use a different parental control app to monitor them.
So, that’s how to turn off location on life360 without anyone knowing. Do you know other practical ways to do it? Please comment below.