Knowing how to get administrator privileges on Windows 7 will be handy for any Windows user at some point. When you are in administrator mode, you have access to all the features to configure all the settings. With that said, this article explains the proper way of doing it for those who don’t know.
Why do you want to learn how to get administrator privileges on Windows 7?
In most cases, the administrator privileges are not accessible for all the users unless they know the password. That means the administrator privileges are protected by a password by the owner of the computer. Such a practice is performed in order to prevent other users from accessing the data as they will. It goes without saying that such a feature is very handy in terms of data protection. Using a complex and longer password will tighten the security of the respective account. So, in a nutshell, it is a pretty useful feature.
Regardless of the usefulness of this feature, it can become troublesome at certain times. For instance, think of a situation where you have forgotten your PC’s administrator password. What if you want to change some settings that require administrator privileges? Should you be panicked? Not at all! If you know how to get administrator privileges on Windows 7, you can access those settings. So, the question is that is there a way to bypass the administrator password of a Windows computer? Yes, there are multiple ways. To the delight of our readers, we explain those methods in this article, and you can follow them. In fact, this guide comprises three practical methods to bypass the administrator password of Windows PC. Listed below are those methods and the steps you should follow.
Method 1: Log-in with the built-in administrator account
The first method we present to get administrator privileges is to log in with the built-in administrator account. You can use that built-in administrator account and change the administrator password to anything you prefer. So, if you intend to login with the built-in administrator account, you should follow the instructions below.
- First, you should reboot your PC. Before the system loads, press the F8 key to see the “Advanced Boot Options” on your computer screen. You should then navigate to the option called “Safe Mode” using the arrow keys. Once you have selected the Safe Mode, hit the “Enter” key on the keyboard to enter it.
- Now, you will see that the login screen is displayed. On that, you should hit the option called “Administrator.” In general, this doesn’t require you to enter a password to enter.
- Now, you should go to the “Start Menu” while in safe mode. Go to the “Control Panel” and navigate to the option called “User Accounts and Family Safety.” Once you click on it, you can see another icon called “Add or Remove user accounts.” Click on it to enter that option. You will see a new window, and it displays all the user accounts configured on your system. Now, you should choose the account that has the Administrator privileges.
- Once the respective account is selected, you will see a link towards the left-hand side. It says, “Change your password.” Click on that link so you can proceed.
- Now, you should enter a new password to the system and restart it. This time, you should let the computer boots in normal mode. Once the system is restarted, you can see the login screen. Enter the new password so you will be able to access administrator privileges as well.
Method 2: Use CMD and create a new administrator account
Creating a new administrator account is another solution you can choose to gain administrator privileges. In that case, you don’t have to know the original password of Windows 7 account. To make it possible, you should use the CMD prompt.
CMD (or the command prompt) is handy technical system software that can be used to perform advanced tasks. This tool becomes exceptionally handy to activate various features in the OS. However, you make the best use of this tool; you are supposed to know it very well. In other words, using CMD is not as easy as using Windows. So, if you are a total beginner to CMD, you will not find it useful. The user must remember a variety of commands to use CMD prompt. In addition to that, this method works only with the users who’ve already logged into the default administrator account. In general, the default administrator account does not come with passwords. However, things can be different if the user has created a password deliberately. With that said, mentioned below are the instructions to follow in order to create an administrator account through CMD.
- First, you should go to the Start menu on Windows 7. Then, search for the option called CMD by typing it. To execute the command, hit Enter. Now, the command prompt window will be appearing on the screen (in black color).
- You should then enter the following command on the appeared command prompt (CMD) window.
net user [username] [password]/add
Please make sure that you input the actual username as well as the password accordingly. Then, hit the “Enter” key on the keyboard after typing the command.
- Now, you should enter the below command as well into the same window.
net localgroup administrators [username] /add
This step is required to ensure that you create a unique username on the system with Administrator privileges.
- Now, when you press Enter after the command, you can see the administrator account is created. You can then log into the new account that has administrator privileges.
Method 3: Get rid of the password protection and access administrator privileges
Have none of the above options worked for you, and even the built-in administrator account didn’t work? If so, you are almost losing the administrator privileges to the computer. However, there is good news for you. The solution we explain here is Passper WinSenior. This program is designed to be a very simple one, and it can remove the Administrator password in seconds. Once the password is removed, you can log into your Windows computer’s administrator account with full access. And here is the completed Passper WinSenior review for your further reading.
Why do we consider Passper WinSenior as the best solution?
- This special Windows 10 password reset tool offers you detailed instructions related to each step during the process. That is exactly why Passper WinSenior is so convenient, even for a novice user.
- This tool allows you to remove the password and crack Windows 7 in a couple of clicks.
- Passper WinSenior tool guarantees a 100% success rate thanks to its super-smart algorithm.
- WinSenior can be considered as a one-stop solution that can perform multiple tasks. For instance, it can delete user accounts and reset existing Windows passwords. It also allows you to create Windows user accounts with administrator privileges.
- WinSenior works with all the Windows computers, tablets, and laptops. It supports devices under different brands such as Surface, Lenovo, Toshiba, Dell, ASUS, Sony, Samsung, and so on.
How to get administrator privileges on Windows 7 using Passper WinSenior
Mentioned below are the steps that should be followed in order to remove password protection from the Administrator account.
- First, you should install Passper WinSenior on a different computer, which is unlocked. After inserting a DVD or a USB drive into the computer, you will see the create option. When you see the next page, you will be able to see a “Continue” button. You should click on it to confirm the burning process. At the completion of the burning process, the respective drive works as a bootable device. Eject the respective drive from the computer and plug/install it on the target computer.
- Once the bootable drive is inserted, you should restart the computer. Before you see the login screen, hit F8 to see the Boot Menu. From the boot menu, you should choose the respective bootable device. Then, on the main interface itself, you will see the password recovery options as well.
- Now, you should choose a system and then choose the option called “Remove Windows Password.” It is found on the next page.
- Once you have done that, wait for a very short while so the password will be gone. You can restart your computer now. To your delight, you can now log into the admin account, and you can enjoy all the features.
Also, if you wonder how to reset the password on HP laptop without disk, this tool can help you too.
Conclusion on How to Get Administrator Privileges on Windows 7
All of the above options are useful for those who wonder how to get administrator privileges on Windows 7. If you have gone through all those methods, it is not hard to realize that their effectiveness varies. However, Passper WinSenior is a very impressive option that delivers the highest success rate (100%). Compared to the other two options, you will find WinSenior to be a very easy and successful method. Do you have any other queries related to Windows 7 passwords or administrator accounts? Please comment on them below, and we will attend to them soon.