As an iOS device user, you will experience numerous updates in a timely manner. These updates are offered to provide a better user experience and security for the user. However, in the real world, you are not always prepared to install updates due to various reasons. For instance, if the Wi-Fi connection is not reliable, you will not want to use it to install updates. Also, if your Wi-Fi connection doesn’t have enough data, you will have to postpone the update until later. In that case, it would be handy to know how to cancel iPhone update.
In addition to that, there can be other instances where you’ll have to know how to cancel the iPhone update. For instance, what if you have tapped on ‘Download and Install’ accidentally when you play around it? And, you don’t want to install the update because you really love the current iOS version you are using. In that case, you will have to stop the update even if it has already started. So, how to resolve it?
The truth is that updating an iOS device is pretty easy. However, you will find it pretty difficult if you want to cancel the process. That is because you don’t see any button or an option to cancel or go back during the update. Does that mean that you cannot cancel the update? Probably not. There is good news for those who want to know how to cancel the update. That means, there is a way to cancel an ongoing update. The only thing is that you should act fast to get it stopped. The purpose of this article is to explain how to do it.
It is always better to get a clear idea about iPhone updates before you learn how to cancel it. The best approach is to read some of the most questions asked by users and their respective answers. Mentioned below are some of the most frequently asked questions by iPhone users about the updated.
Besides, here, you will figure out how to Download TinyUmbrella for free and how to fix iTunes is downloading the software for this iPhone issue easily.
Question 1: Is it possible to cancel an iOS update if it’s already started?
Answer: Well, there is no straightforward method to cancel this process. That means you will not see any ‘Cancel‘ or ‘Back‘ button to stop the update once it has begun. However, you can stop it using a different method even if the download has started. But, still, you should do it before the installation begins. We will explain how to do it and stop an ongoing update.
Question 2: Is it possible to halt a progressing update?
The simplest answer is ‘NO.’ There is no option provided to stop an update that is currently going on. In addition to that, stopping an ongoing update in the wrong manner can cause serious problems in your device. So, you should know the most effective and secure way to halt an update. Some of those consequences are listed below.
- The iOS device you are using has doesn’t go beyond the loading screen. That means it has stuck on the loading screen, Apple logo, or somewhere else. It is needless to say how annoying such an instance is.
- Your device is not likely to get the new features provided by the new update.
- Your device is not likely to be updated with the latest security settings due to a failed update. Potential glitches in the system will not be removed so that the device will experience various issues.
How to cancel iPhone update when the downloading process is in progress?
Well, now you are aware of the consequences associated with stopping an ongoing update. If you still want to know how to do it despite the potential issues, follow the steps mentioned below. But, once again, please be aware of the consequences before proceeding.
- 01. Once you notice an update process in your iOS device, put it in the Airplane mode ASAP. This feature can be accessed through the Control Center of the device. All you have to do is to tap on the icon ‘Airplane Mode‘ so it’ll be turned on instantly. In fact, this is the fastest way to disconnect your device from all the connections, including the internet. When there is no internet connection, the device cannot download files related to updates.
- 02. Now that the device is put in ‘Airplane Mode,’ you should follow the steps below. Go to the ‘Settings‘ option and select ‘General.’
- 03. Under ‘General,’ you will find an option called ‘iPhone Storage.’ Tap on it and wait so the device will analyze the existing storage of the device. When the analysis is done, you should scroll down and locate the iOS update, which is to be stopped. Then, you should tap on it.
- 04. After that, you should tap on the option labeled ‘Delete Update.’ Then, you will be prompted to confirm the action; just confirm it. Then, the download process will be completely stopped.
That’s it. If everything goes well, you may end up stopping the download successfully.
What should you do if your device’s iOS is giving some troubles after halting updates?
As we have already explained, stopping an ongoing update can end up causing serious issues. In other words, you put your device in serious trouble by halting an ongoing update. So, we strongly recommend that you stop an ongoing update only when it is seriously needed. Well, what if you have already done that, and your device starts to experience some issues?
If you have stopped an update and your device experiences some issues, you should consider an OS repair. Without repairing the OS, you cannot get the device back to its normal functionality. In order to get it done, you will have to find a special tool. Otherwise, repairing the iOS of your device can be very hard. In this case, the best tool you can use it the iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery Tool. There is no shortage of reasons to consider this tool as the best option to repair your iOS. This special tool is developed to be very user-friendly and compatible with any iOS.
What makes iMyFone Fixppo special?
In this part, we will explain the special features associated with iMyFone Fixppo. It will give you a clear idea about the capacity of this software so you can use it.
- iMyFone Fixppo can fix all the issues pertaining to iOS systems. It can especially address all the issues that occur after stopping a particular update.
- You can use it exceptionally easily without experiencing any difficulties, even if you are not an expert.
- You can use it to fix the glitches associated with iOS devices without causing any data loss.
- It is compatible with all the iPhone models and all the iOS versions. For instance, it is compatible with iOS versions up to 14. Also, it is compatible with iOS devices up to 12 and 12 Pro (Max).
How to fix your iPhone after a failed or purposely halted the update
No matter whether you halt the update purposely or it gets failed automatically, there will be consequences. To fix all those issues, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below.
- As the first step, you should download and install iMyFone Fixppo on your computer. Then, launch the application and click on the option called ‘Standard Mode.’
- Be sure to connect the faulty iPhone to the same computer and use a USB cable to do it. Also, you will have to unlock the device so the program will recognize the device easily.
- If the respective device is damaged and the program doesn’t recognize it, but the device in DFU mode. If not, you should put it on recovery mode as well. To get it done, you should follow the on-screen instructions on the interface of the software.
- After putting the device on DFU/Recovery mode, Fixppo will identify your iPhone and its model. Also, it will identify the available firmware options for the same. Just choose the preferred firmware. Then, you should click on the option labeled ‘Download.’
- When the respective firmware is downloaded, you will have to click on the option called ‘Start.’ So, Fixppo will start to repair the device. Once the repair is completed, you will see that the device gets restarted without any trouble.
iMyFone Fixppo is a very handy tool that can address a variety of issues in your iOS device. Therefore, we consider it as one of the must-have utilities for any iPhone user.
The Bottom-Line on How to Cancel iPhone Update
Now you know how to cancel iPhone update; you can try it at your own risk. If you happen to experience any glitches after a halted update, you can use iMyFone Fixppo and fix it. As per the experience we had with iMyFone Fixppo, it is a very effective and trustworthy tool. If you have any questions related to this matter, please let us know in the comments section below.