Learning how to block text messages on Samsung can be useful for any user. In some cases, you will start to receive annoying messages from various senders to frustrate you. Some of these messages can come like spams as well. This is really annoying when you are in the middle of an important thing or spend your leisure. However, if you know how to block text messages on Samsung, the problem is solved! The purpose of this article is to explain how to do it.
Solution 1: How to block text messages on Samsung phones using Settings
The good news is that the Android messaging app included in Samsung devices have a feature to block messages. It works as more of a spam filter. In fact, it goes without saying that it is the most convenient method to block text messages. With that said, let’s learn how to block text messages on Samsung through Settings.
- First, you should launch the Messages app’s inbox. Then, go to the text message thread that has received from an unwanted or annoying number. In other words, reach the text message that has been received from the number you intend to block.
- Now, tap the three-dotted icon (that represents the Menu), which is located at the top-right corner.
- Now, you should tap the option called “Block Number” or “Block Contact,” depending on the device model.
- That’s it. Just tap on the button labeled “OK,” so you can complete the process.
Solution 2: Blocking spam messages on your Samsung device through Settings
If you are getting spam messages on your Samsung device, you surely are annoyed. Those who are annoyed with this step can follow the instructions below and block spam messages.
- First, you should launch the Messages app on your Samsung device. Then, just open the message that should be blocked.
- Now, you should tap on the option labeled “Block Number” and press OK.
- However, what if you don’t see any option called “Block Number“? In that case, search for the keywords or phrases in the message.
- Then, tap on the icon that appears as a back-arrow. Then, tap on the three dots (Menu icon), which is located at the top-right corner. Then, you should go to “Settings.”
- Now, please tap on the “Blocked Messages” and then choose “Block Phrases.” You can now paste the keywords or phrases. After that, you should tap on the Plus icon.
With this method, you can block all those spam messages that contain specific keywords.
Solution 3: how to block text messages on Samsung using Google Hangouts
As of today, some individuals and businesses tend to use Google Hangouts to send promotional messages and spams. If you are using Google Hangouts and you intend to block text messages on it, here’s the guideline. These steps are simple to get done easily.
- First, you should launch Google Hangouts app on your Samsung device.
- Now, launch the respective SMS or the conversation thread you have received from the annoying contact.
- You should tap on the Menu icon (once again, it appears like three dots). It is located at the top right corner of the opened screen.
- Now, you should hit the option called “People & Options.”
- When you are directed to the next screen, opt to click and block (the respective username).
Solution 4: Use a third-party app to block unwanted text messages
If you wonder how to block text messages on Samsung using a third-party app, here’s the solution. In fact, there are a handful of apps available to accomplish this task. These apps can be used to block phone numbers or contacts. As a result, those blocked contacts will not be able to contact or text the respective mobile number.
In this case, you should open the Play Store and perform a search with the text “SMS Blocking.” You will find a host of options as the search results. With that said, mentioned below are some of the most popular options you can try and block annoying SMS.
01. Key Messages
One of the most prominent options you can find in the Play Store is Key Messages. This app can easily detect both promotional and spam messages. Also, you can block those messages easily. You can prevent the respective SMS, considering various parameters. For instance, you can block them using the contact number, name, keyword, or even a wildcard rule. In addition to that, this special app allows you to block MMS as well.
02. Calls Blacklist
Calls Blacklist is another versatile and useful app that can block both calls and SMS. It can block any type of message you receive from any number. You will be able to add any of the unwanted numbers and blacklist both calls and SMS. In addition to that, it gives you the option of saving the blacklist separately. You can download this specific file and even share it with another device if required.
03. Call Blocker
Call Blocker is known as Call and Text Blocker for Android. This app comes with a smart algorithm so it can identify promotional messages and spams. After that, it can block those messages without any trouble. The most interesting thing about it is that it comes with a log to keep blocked messages.
Solution 5: Get the carrier’s assistance and block text messages on your Samsung smartphone
Here’s another smart way for those who wonder how to block text messages on Samsung. In fact, as per this message, you will have to get the assistance of the carrier to block numbers. You can do this through the official website of the carrier as well. However, this method can slightly vary depending on the carrier. Please follow up on the below guide, which you should take depending on the different carriers that are popular today.
01. How to block text messages on Samsung with Verizon
- First, you should sign in to the “My Verizon” account and navigate to the page labeled “Blocked.” Then, you should select the lines you intend to block text messages and calls.
- Now, click on Block Calls & Messages to proceed.
- Now, you should enter the number which should be blocked. Click on “Save” to save the settings.
02. For AT&T
- To start, you should launch the AT&T app and enter the number.
- Then, tap on the option called “Continue” and enter your 6-digit PIN.
- Now, you should tap on “Verify.” After that, you should accept the Terms and Conditions as well.
- You will see a different page as a popup. Here, you can manage the numbers that are included in your block list easily.
03. For Android Sprint
- You should sign in to your Android Sprint account and click on My Preferences to proceed.
- Now, you should observe the options called Limitations and Permissions. You can then click on Block Voice.
- You can select the contact number you intend to block at this stage. Then, you can choose the preferences related to blocking.
- Make sure that you enter the correct contact number, which should be blocked.
- Now, to finish the process, just click on “Add Number” and then click on “Save.”
We believe that at least one of the above solutions should be able to address your requirement. However, if you are not yet to succeed, you should contact the carrier so they will block the respective number. You should also remember that some carriers will offer this service at a certain cost.
Extra: Recovering Blocked or Deleted Text Messages without rooting the device
In this extra piece of information, we explain how to recover blocked or deleted text messages on your smartphone. The best thing about this method is that it allows you to recover the text messages without rooting.
In general, you can follow the steps below to restore blocked messages to your device’s inbox.
- Go to “Call & Text Blocking.”
- Choose “History“
- Locate “Text Blocked History“
- Then select the blocked message and “Retore to Inbox.”
However, the above method may fail at times due to various reasons. If that is the case, you can use a professional software tool called Tenorshare UltData for Android. This special tool can recover both blocked and deleted messages on your Android device. Mentioned below are those steps you should follow to restore messages using Tenorshare UltData.
- Download UltData for Android and install it on your PC.
- Then, launch the tool and click on the option called “Recover Lost Data.”
- Now, connect the Android device to the same computer with a USB cable.
- Be sure to enable USB debugging mode on the device.
- When options appear, choose “Messages.”
- Then, click on “Start,” so the scanning will begin.
- You should choose the messages you intend to recover and click on “Recover.”
Now you know how to block text messages on Samsung; you can enjoy your smartphone with freedom. If you have more doubts related to this matter, please let us know as a comment below.