“I want to use Hide My Root APK to hide my root permission from a couple of Android apps. Could anyone tell me if it is the safest and most effective method? Please help me. Thanks in advance”.
It is true that the above is not the most common problem faced by Android users. However, there are a considerable number of users who want to know how to do it. They want to do it mainly due to security measures taken by some of the Android apps. In fact, there are some apps that don’t work well on your Android device if it is rooted. If you have a rooted Android device and still want to use those apps, there’s only one option left. That is when you will start searching for options like “Hide My Root APK.” The good news is that it is not that difficult to address such a situation. However, you should follow the correct steps with the correct tools to accomplish the task successfully. Let’s explain the process and use those apps once again.
What is rooting?
Rooting is a specific action you can perform on Android mobile devices. As a result of rooting an Android device, you can access privileged control so you can perform advanced tweaks. In fact, Android OS is developed on a modified Linux kernel. We can compare rooting to administrative (or superuser) privileges you find on Linux-based systems. Many users root their devices to perform various experiments.
In many cases, many apps work on rooted devices. However, some apps will consider the security of the user and prevent them from working on rooted smartphones. Also, we strongly suggest that you opt to root only if you have substantial knowledge about rooting. Otherwise, you can end up with various unpleasant consequences. Also, rooted devices are more vulnerable to malware attacks.
Part 1: Hide root access using Root Cloak App
As we know, there are various occasions in which apps will malfunction on rooted Android devices. When you try to try to run such apps on a rooted device, you will get an error message. It says, “This application is not supported on rooted devices.” If that’s the case with you, and you still want to use that app, what can you do?
So, the best method is to use a method that can hide the root access. In other words, you should find a method to trick the respective app that doesn’t get installed. As a result, the app will take your device as an unrooted device and get installed without any issue. Thanks to such an approach, you don’t have to disable the root access on the respective approach.
Mentioned below are the steps you can use and hide root permission from Android devices using Root Cloak.
1. First, you should go ahead and download the app called “Cydia Substrate” on the rooted device. You can either download it through their official page or their Google Play Store page.
2. You will have to take an additional step if your smartphone has an Android 4.4 or newer version. In that case, you should download SELinux Mode Changer. Don’t forget to select the “Permissive” option as well before moving to the next step.
3. After that, you should download the app called “Root Cloak” using Google Play Store. Then, get that app installed to proceed to the next step.
4. Once you have done the installation successfully, you should reboot the device once. After that, you should launch the Root Cloak app to see its main screen and proceed. From the app’s main screen, you can choose the apps for which the root access should be hidden.
5. If a particular app cannot be found there, you can go ahead and add it manually. If not, you can reset to default apps, and the selections will be cleared.
6. That’s it. You can go ahead and use any app on the rooted device facing no issues at all. However, if you did not succeed with it, you can try the next option.
Part 2: Use Hide My Root APK to hide root access on your Android device
Are you looking for an alternative method because the first method didn’t work for you? If so, you can consider using the tool called “Hide My Root.” Please download this app through Google Play Store. It has several important features that are useful to any user. With this app, hiding the root access feature on Android devices is a very simple task. As a result, you can easily run all the apps that had issues with root permission.
To get it done, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you should download Hide My Root APK on your device. You can do it using Google Play Store as it is the safest method.
- Once the app is installed successfully, you can launch the app and run it. When you launch it for the first time, it will ask for superuser permission. You should then choose the option you prefer and tap on the option called “Allow” to proceed.
- Once you have done that, you will be able to see an option that allows you to perform various tasks. Well, as of now, don’t uninstall the SU (Super User) app. Please just tap on the option called “Hide SU Binary” and proceed to the next step.
- You should then wait for a couple of seconds, and “Hide My Root APK” will do the needful. It will hide the root access feature on the respective device. You can now use any app on your device without experiencing any conflict.
In fact, Hide My Root APK comes with several other valuable features for users. For instance, it can you can even protect the function of the device with a password. As a result, the device will be secured so no one can perform unwanted tasks on it. However, please know that this app doesn’t work in certain instances. For instance, if the respective device is rooted using an app like Kingroot, you cannot hide it. If you notice some other issues when using Hide My Root, you may have to go for another alternative.
Part 3: Use inbuilt features to hide root access
Here’s another convenient, safe, and reliable method that can be used in place of “Hide My Root APK.” You can find several custom ROM options, such as CyanogenMod. It comes with a pre-rooted ROM to make things easier for you. So, if you have installed a custom ROM like CyanogenMod, you don’t have to worry about hiding root permission. If that’s the case with you, just disable the root access on the device. In most cases, you are likely to use only a couple of taps to do it.
Please follow below simple steps to hide root permission.
- To start the process of hiding root access, you should first enable the option called “Developer Options.” And then, follow the below simple tutorial to complete the job.
- Go to the “Settings” app first.
- Now, you should choose the option called “About Phone.”
- After that, scroll down to the option labeled “Build Number.”
- Tap on that option seven times, consecutively.
- Now, you are supposed to launch the main menu. Then, you should visit the feature called “Developer Options” once again.
- Tap on the toggle button so it will turn on or off the Root Access feature. Well, as you can see, this method is very easy.
- As a result, a popup window will open. From that window, you will be able to disable the device’s root access completely. If not, you will be able to disable even some features only based on your requirement.
That’s the process to follow. At least one of the above solutions will help you to disable the root feature on your device. With that said, if you need to disable the root feature once again, you can follow the same steps. However, you should take the appropriate measures to disable root permission instead of enabling then. Well, the final method we mentioned is a pretty convenient and hassle-free method to control your root access. The best thing is that it doesn’t require third-party tools to hide root access.
The Bottom Line
The above options allow you to hide the root access on your Android device from apps. Apart from “Hide My Root APK,” there are two more options mentioned for your convenience. Make sure to follow the guide correctly; then, you will not face any trouble when you are using the Android device. So, you can choose any of the methods above and hide root access from the apps you need. For any other issues pertaining to root access, you may let us know. We will attend to your questions at our earliest.