You are reading this article probably because you want to download a good GIF cropper. In other words, you want to learn how to crop GIF images, and you want some suggestions. To your delight, we will explain the most effective ways to get it done using different tools.
The requirement of a GIF cropper
In general, cropping an image is a pretty simple task. However, if you need to crop GIF images, the situation becomes pretty complex. As you may already know, GIFs are animated images (there are moving pictures in them). So, cropping one of those can be somewhat difficult compared to cropping a still image (like JPEG).
If you perform a bit of online search on GIF croppers, you can find plenty of third-party tools. Some of those tools are even available as online solutions. So, in this article, we will explain the most effective and easy-to-use GIF cropper tools for your reference.
Part 1: Crop GIF images using online tools
In this section of our article, we introduce some effective online tools for your reference. Since those tools are online, you don’t have to worry about installing any software to crop GIF images.
EZGIF is considered to be a popular option to cut GIF photos. It is an online tool that allows you to upload a GIF and cropping it to match your requirements. There is no need to install software or even a plug-in to get it done. In fact, this tool allows you to make other changes to GIF files apart from just cropping. For instance, you can resize, add text, or even create a video from the existing GIF file. The best thing about it is that it offers all those services for free.
GifGifs is another online tool that allows any user to browse for the GIF files straight from the browser. Then, you can adjust the size of the GIF file based on the width and height of the pixels. In addition to that, it lets you crop the GIF files simply by entering the URL of it. As long as you have a good internet collection, you can crop the GIF file without any issue.
iloveimg can play the role of a GIF cropping tool that facilitates a faster functionality. Apart from simply cropping GIF, this option allows you to compress the images, edit photos, and perform other tasks. Also, it allows you to browse for GIF and other image files stored in the system. If not, you can simply drag and drop the image from your system and start cropping it.
04. Free Tool Online
Free tool online is another popular web-based tool that crops GIF tools online through the browser. This is a pretty versatile tool that comprises of several other utilities apart from cropping GIF images. It can handle different other file types as well. For instance, it can use the website to zip or unzip files, convert audio and video files, etc. To select the file, just browse using the web-based browser and upload the file without any hassle. If not, it supports drag and drops functionality as well.
Part 2: Using professional tools to crop GIF files
It is true that the options mentioned in the previous section are easy to use. However, what they lack is stability. They require a solid internet connection to function. In addition to that, web-based tools show a lack of versatility, and they often fail to handle heavier tasks. In that case, the best option is to use an installable tool and experience better performance, reliability, and speed. So, if you are looking for a more reliable solution to crop GIF files, find it here.
If you want a fast, reliable, and efficient tool that can crop GIF files? If so, you shouldn’t miss Wondershare UniConverter. One of the most significant characteristics associated with Wondershare UniConverter is its user-friendly interface. Even if you are a beginner, you can make use of this file without any hesitation. You don’t have to possess any technical skills to make use of this software. It allows you to crop the GIF files in a very convenient manner with superb results.
Apart from converting your GIF files, you can edit, convert, record, download, and even transfer files with this tool. It is compatible with audio, video, and images. Wondershare UniConverter is compatible with both Mac and Windows platforms. To make things clearer for you, let’s take a look at the features of this software.
- It can download videos from more than 10000 video sharing platforms.
- UniConverter has the ability to convert video and other files to more than 1000 other formats and resize video for Instagram & Youtube.
- It facilitates file conversion just by using a couple of clicks.
- This tool can record videos that are played online.
- It can capture all the GIF images and even the system screen in a couple of easy steps.
- UniConverter can transfer videos from your computer to an iOS device or Android device.
- This is a very powerful tool that can build an iTunes library utilizing only a single-click operation.
- It allows you to create a GIF file using image and video files stored in your local storage.
Here are the detailed guide on how to use Wondershare UniConverter as a GIF cropper.
- First, you should download and install Wondershare UniConverter on your computer. Thankfully, this software is available for Mac and Windows alike. Then, launch the software simply using a double click.
- Once you launch the software, you will be able to see its main interface. On the main screen, click on the option called “Toolbox” and then choose “Image Converter.” You will notice a popup screen; just click on the option called “Add Images” (which appears as a button). Then, select the images that are stored in your system.
- Once the images are added to the interface, you should move the cursor and click the “Crop” button.
- You can now save the cropped GIF file. After clicking on the “Crop” button, you should see a new popup. In this popup, you should just adjust the red color frame to determine the crop area. This will offer a live preview of the cropped area. If not, you can crop any GIF file using the pixels. After that, click on the “OK” button. Then, the image you have cropped will be saved on the computer.
02. Movavi Video Editor
Movavi Video Editor Plus is another highly versatile tool that comes with various impressive functions. This is a multifunctional tool that can edit all the media files, including GIFs. With the assistance of this tool, you can simply create a GIF from any video file. You can use it to edit, crop GIF, change colors, apply filters, add text, and perform various other tasks.
To crop your GIF file using Movavi Video Editor, you should import the respective file to the interface. This can be done by dragging the media file and dropping it to the interface. If not, you can click on the option called “Add Media Files” and browse the file. Then, click on the button labeled “Crop” located on the toolbar. You can then adjust the cropping frame to match your exact requirements. Once the cropping area is ready, you can simply click on the option called “Apply.”
Some of the benefits of Movavi Video Editor are as follows.
- It allows you to crop a specific area of the GIF and preview it before exporting.
- Movavi has a large range of video editing tools. You can use it to edit GIF files in various ways. For instance, you can use it to rotate, reverse, change the speed, and change other parameters.
- It allows you to create GIF files using any other popular video format.
Wondershare Filmora is another stable, powerful, and user-friendly tool to crop GIF files easily. This is feature-rich software that has plenty of tools to edit videos of all kinds. For instance, it can be used to reverse, rotate, split, add effects, adds text, etc. to any video. The same tool can be used to crop and edit any GIF file. Mentioned below is how to use Wondershare Filmora as a GIF cropper.
- First, import your GIF into the interface of Filmora.
- Then, you can drag the imported video to the timeline.
- You can then right-click on the GIF and choose the option called “Crop and Zoom.”
- You will then see a rectangle frame. And you can simply drag it and crop the GIF.
- Then, you should hit the play button so you can get a preview.
- Once you get the video to match your requirements, just click on “OK.”
- Then, click on “Export” and choose “Create Video.” The export format should be “GIF” in this case. If required, you can even change the resolution of the video.
- Export the file and save in in the desired location.
Some benefits of Wondershare Filmora
- It allows you to change the cropping area to match the exact requirement.
- You can preview the final output during the cropping process before exporting it.
- It comprises of a variety of features that supports various editing tasks in addition to cropping GIFs.
- You can add text, correct colors, and add various effects to your GIF.
- Created GIF files can be easily shared to Facebook directly.
Conclusion on the Best GIF Cropper
So, that’s about the best ways you can use to crop GIF files to match your requirements. As you can notice, there are online and installable tools in our article for your reference. Although both of those options are nice, online tools show less stability compared to the installable ones. Also, if you expect a more professional and reliable result, using an installable GIF cropper is the best option. All the options we have mentioned in part two comes with plenty of video editing features. Good luck!