MacPaw has developed a very comprehensive tool for Mac operating system users, known as Gemini 2. This software is mainly used to detect unnecessary duplicate data from the system, which can be deleted and hence results in extra free space for your system. So here we will cover a Gemini 2 review to find out how our Mac operating system users can get benefit out of it.
As we all know that during the routine daily use of the system, there is more than a good chance of having some duplicate files created by the user and sometimes even by the system itself. If we don’t look them closely, they will keep on accumulating and will end up taking big space in the hard drive of the system. That will ultimately slow down the system and will result in the overall poor performance of the Mac system. This can be not very pleasant, so it is a must to take a closer look at such things.
As the system gets older, these kinds of issues will become more and more common, but if you have just purchased a new Mac system, you don’t have to worry about this. But still, it is advisable to keep clearing the space occupied by duplicate files. This Gemini 2 review will answer most of your questions, and As soon as you feel some performance issues, you’ll know what to do.
But before we head towards this Gemini 2 review, let’s have a short overview of the pros and cons of this software.
- All duplicate files stored on your Mac system can be detected effortlessly, which later on can be deleted hence results in free system space.
- Gemini 2 categorizes the files, which make it even easier to review and make a decision.
- Gemini 2 takes a lot of space and system resources during the scanning process. Hence multitasking will not be very efficient during the scanning process.
- Due to system overload, the Mac cooling fan runs very load, which can be quite distracting and annoying.
- Its Gaming feature is very annoying.
What’s the functionality of MacPaw Gemini 2?
As already mentioned above, Gemini 2 is a duplicate detector tool and is specially designed to detect duplicate files in the Mac operating system. The following are the main functions of this software.
- Scans all the hard drives without sparing any folder to detect duplicate or similar files
- Once the scanning is completed, it shows the list of files that are recommended for deletion
- Deletes the data from the system after confirmation from the user.
Now let’s begin MacPaw Gemini 2 Review.
MacPaw Gemini 2 Review
As we all know that Gemini 2, being the duplicate detector tool, will mainly first scanning, then detecting and, upon user confirmation, deletes the duplicate files. Here we’ll also cover all these features.
As stated above, the process starts with scanning. Once you select the “scanning” option, the tool will ask you about the folders and drives to be made part of scanning. Although it’s straightforward to add folders, it’s always recommended to select the complete drives. Scanning takes a lot of system memory and resources, so you most definitely will experience the downgrade in the system performance. Eventually, the Mac system will get heat up within a matter of a few minutes after scanning is begun.
Display report showing duplicates for user review
Once the scanning is completed, Gemini 2 will give a final report with a list of all duplicates arranged in suitable categories. Its user-friendly interface lets you easily review the complete list, and you can decide on which file to keep and which one to delete. Another plus point of this tool is its warning feature; it will caution you as soon as you delete the last copy of any file.
Deletion of duplicate files
So once you have the list of all duplicate files in the scanning report, you can decide which files to keep and which one to delete. So once you have made up your mind, a single click will remove the file and move it into the trash or recycle bin, although it will still be occupying some space there. This thing can be improved if the developer can add some reminder feature that the trash needs to be emptied.
In my opinion, this particular feature is a total waste of time and resources considering the targeted use of this, which we have covered above in our Gemini 2 review. So, in my opinion, another potential for improvement in this tool.
So far, we have covered the essential features in our Gemini 2 review. Now let’s look at how this tool works.
The basic working of the Gemini 2 tool
Here we’ll discuss the detailed guidelines of this program and the way we can effectively utilize all the features that this tool presents for Mac systems. So let’s begin.
Upon installation, launch the Gemini 2 tool. Once the application is up and running, drag the desired folder at the center of big plus sign available inside the display window of Gemini 2.
There will be an option labeled as “Scan for Duplicates,” click on it.
The scanning process will start with this. Once the scanning is completed, click on “Review Duplicates” to see the scanning report results.
Once the scanning results are opened, click the “All Duplicates” option and one by one select all the categories to see the files individually. An option labeled as “Remove” will appear there, which can be used to remove the duplicate files. Or you can even use the option marked as “All Similar” from the left side panel to remove all similar files in one click.
Once you are done with deleting/removing all duplicate files, you will be asked to review the Trash folder to see if you want to recover any file that was accidentally removed. Or you can click on the option of “Remaining files” to review the data which were not removed.
This is a complete step by step guideline to remove duplicates from your Mac system effectively. So this part of our Gemini 2 review is also covered here.
What are the alternates of MacPaw Gemini 2?
Up to this point, we have covered all the basic points, including the complete procedure of removing duplicate files with the help of the Gemini 2 tool. But still, if you are looking for some better tool to do this task of yours, then Umate Mac Cleaner is the top option for you. It not only can remove the duplicate data from the system, but also cover all those disadvantages we mentioned above in our Gemini 2 review. so let’s see why it’s a better option compared to Gemini 2
Plus points of iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner
- The whole scanning process is much quicker compared to Gemini 2. It only takes 2-3 minutes to complete the scanning process no matter what the file size is.
- It isn’t hard and doesn’t too many system resources, unlike what we have covered in Gemini 2 review. So it doesn’t negatively affect the productivity of the system.
- It’s a very light and productive tool and improves the overall performance of the Mac system.
- Unlike what we have covered in the Gemini 2 review, it doesn’t come with any distracting gaming feature.
- Unlike Gemini 2, this tool comes up with some brilliant selection features.
- This tool comes with some very productive and performance-enhancing features like options to delete large files, erase private files, delete junk files, manage applications, etc. which are not there as already explained in our Gemini 2 review.
- The duplicate files are classified based on the file types like image, audio, video, document, archive, and others.
- By default, the source file isn’t selected hence offers a smart selection.
- It is a complete Mac OS manager with professional features.
- Last but not least, it comes with strong after-market sales support.
So how to use this tool? Here is the step by step guideline.
Guideline to use iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner
Install and launch the program and then click on the button of “Delete Duplicate Files.”
Now please click on the browse option and give the location of directory for your duplicate files.
Once the whole scanning is completed, you can review all those files & choose the files are to be removed.
So the procedure isn’t different from what we have covered in our Gemini 2 review.
Conclusion on Gemini 2 Review
Gemini 2 tool, although it is a professional tool to locate and remove duplicate files in your system, there is a downside to it as well, which we have already covered in very detail our Gemini 2 review. If you are looking for an even better and lighter tool that can overcome all the disadvantages of Gemini 2, then there is no better tool than iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner. As already explained, it’s a very productive tool that not only removes the duplicate files but also increases the overall performance of the system. So, in the end, it all comes to the personal choice of user.