Many people out there have faced a situation like this, i.e. they have forgotten the password of their Samsung Galaxy Smartphone and now they want to unlock their Samsung phone. Samsung is one of the most used mobile devices, as it has various features and functions. These exotic features and functions of Samsung phones allow users to do a lot of things. However, when you forgot Samsung Galaxy password, there arises a major problem.
You may have set a password to your Samsung Smartphone and now you do not remember what the password is. The lock may be set in either a pattern or a PIN code. Many people want an efficient solution for this. They want to know how they can unlock their Samsung mobile device. After unlocking their Samsung phone, they can access their phone data as well as get back all the information they want from their mobile device. Furthermore, if you unlock your Samsung Smartphone, you can sell it at a much higher price and get more customers for your phone, along with many other similar advantages. But, the question is how you can reset Samsung Galaxy without losing data & unlock your Samsung mobile device, in case you have forgotten Samsung Galaxy password, no matter if it is a pattern or PIN code?
There are two ways to unlock your Samsung mobile device. One is to do it through the factory reset option and the other is to use the 4uKey – Android Unlock (Android Lock Screen Removal software). We have covered both the methods in this article so that consumers can decide which one is the best for them. Both these ways can help you to unlock your Samsung phone when you have forgotten the password of your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone, whether in the form of pattern or PIN code. For LG users, here is for you: how to unlock LG phone forgot password; For iOS users, please switch to “how to unlock iPhone without password“.
The first solution to your problem is to factory reset your Samsung Galaxy mobile device and unlock your pattern or PIN code password. The factory reset solution includes several simple methods, among which you can choose the one which you feel is the most convenient for you. A hard reset solution is one of the quickest and effective ways to unlock your Samsung mobile device.
If your Samsung phone is really freezing, not responding well, and is slow or you forgot Samsung Galaxy password, then this is the right method for you. You can also factory reset your Samsung mobile device if you are facing problems in resetting alternatives or accessing your factory data. You can follow any of the below-mentioned methods in order to quickly factory reset your Samsung mobile device.
Method 1. Google Login (for Android 4.4 or Lower)
If your Samsung phone is still running on Android 4.4 or even lower, follow the below steps to fix on ‘Forgot Samsung Password’ issue.
- Enter the wrong pattern for 5 times;
- Please choose the option of ‘Forgot Pattern’;
- Now, enter the Google account backup PIN or log in;
- That’s it; your Samsung device would be unlocked.
Method 2. ‘Pattern Password Disable’ & Custom Recovery (You should need the SD card)
To fix the ‘Forgot Samsung Password‘ issue, you should be an advanced user who has ideas of ‘Rooting’ and ‘Custom Recovery.’ You need to install one kind of customer recovery & you need to have an SD card on your Samsung device. SD card is used to move a ZIP file to that phone, and it’s the only method to transfer that file when the Samsung phone is locked.
- Download the ‘Pattern Password Disable’ ZIP file on your PC & transfer it to the SD card on the Samsung phone.
- Insert the SD card on your Samsung phone.
- Restart the Samsung phone into recovery mode.
- Now, flash that file on your SD card & restart your phone.
- And now, your Samsung phone will boot up with no lock screen. Just input a random password or gesture to unlock it.
Method 3. Delete Samsung Password File Using ADB
This method only works when you have enabled USB Debugging on your Samsung phone previously, and your computer is allowed to connect via ADB.
- Make the connection between your Samsung phone and your computer via USB cable and then open the Command prompt in ADB. Type the command of ‘adb shell rm/data/system/gesture.key’ & Enter.
- Now, restart your Samsung device, and secure lock screen should be gone, and then you are able to access your phone. Don’t forget to set a new PIN, password, or pattern before rebooting again.
Method 4. Factory Reset to Bypass Samsung Galaxy password
The fourth method to unlock your Samsung Smartphone, when you forgot Samsung password, is to factory reset your Samsung mobile device by switching off your phone and then pressing the home button and slowly releasing the power button while pressing the home button of your Samsung Smartphone.
When you see the Android recovery system on the screen of your Samsung mobile device, select the search key. After this, select the factory reset option, then the wipe data option, and then press OK by pressing your power key. Choose the option of yes and then delete all the data on your phone. This will reboot and thus factory reset your Samsung Smartphone.
These are the four methods through which you can factory reset your Samsung mobile device when you forgot the Samsung Galaxy password. However, the factory reset solution is not a reliable method to unlock your Samsung Smartphone, as it damages all your phone data.
On the other hand, there is the second solution to unlock your Samsung mobile device, which is using the Tenorshare 4uKey – Android Screen Unlocker software on your phone. 4uKey is the best tool to unlock your Samsung Smartphone, unlock LG phone forgot password without losing any of your phone data. Plus, it is easy and safe to use.
Solution 2: Use 4uKey – Android Screen Unlocker software when forgot Samsung Galaxy password
The 4uKey – Android Unlock program is an effective and fast unlocking solution for your mobile device. It can easily as well as quickly unlock your Android phone password, whether it is a pattern code or PIN code. Additionally, with the 4uKey program, you can also restore your phone’s text messages, photos, videos, contacts, documents, audios, and much more.
4uKey is easy to use. This user-friendly program can be used by a beginner as well as a highly professional person. Plus, 4uKey does not take much memory of your system and runs efficiently. Have a look at some of the features of the 4uKey – Android.
- Unlock Android phone password without factory reset & Remove lock screen within 5 minutes
- Can remove four different types of lock screens, including pattern, PIN, fingerprints, and password
- Only removes the phone’s lock screen without any loss of data
- Anyone can use this program without any technical knowledge to Bypass Samsung account
- Supports any of the carriers, such as T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc.
- Fully compatible with LG G Series, Samsung Galaxy S, Tab, and Note series
- Available on Windows
- Money back guarantee of 30 days
So, if you want to unlock your Samsung Smartphone with the help of 4uKey – Android UnLock software, you can do so by following these steps.
How to unlock your Samsung phone with 4uKey if you forgot Samsung Galaxy password?
In order to get started with the 4uKey software, you must first download it and then follow these steps.
Step 1: Start 4uKey
Open the 4uKey program and then go to the option of ‘Remove Screen Lock‘. Connect your Samsung Smartphone and then 4uKey will automatically install the driver for Samsung phone.
Step 2: Start to remove Samsung Lock
After you connected your Samsung phone to the computer, please click the ‘Start’ button to fix the issue of the ‘Forgot Samsung Galaxy Password’.
Please note that “Removing the lock screen password will erase all data on the device“, if you have no problem with that, please tap the Yes button to continue.
Step 4: Remove Samsung Screen Password Now
It will take you several minutes to remove your Samsung screen lock. Then click Done to finish the task.
These are the steps that you must follow in order to unlock your Samsung phone with 4uKey for Android if you have forgotten the Samsung Galaxy password.
Solution 3. Use iMyFone LockWiper for Android to Unlock Samsung Smartphones
iMyFone LockWiper (Android) – Unlock Samsung Screen Lock Instantly
- Remove different screen locks: pattern, PIN, fingerprint, password
- Unlock Samsung screen in various scenarios: forgot screen password, device with a broken screen, enter wrong passwords too many times, a second-hand device with a locked screen, fingerprint unlock not working
- Support for more than 6000 Android phones, including Samsung, Motorola, LG, Huawei, etc.
- Easy to use and fast to unlock
Only three simple steps to unlock your Samsung smartphone
Step 1. Connect
Download and launch LockWiper for Android and then connect your Samsung phone. LockWiper will auto-detect your Samsung smartphone.
Step 2. Download
iMyFone LockWiper (Android) will download a specific unlocking data package for your Samsung phone.
Step 3. Unlock
Just follow the on-screen guide to complete Samsung unlocking process.