The white screen of death is a special type of fatal error of the iPhone/iPad or iPod Touch, which displays on a white even background and remains you to restart your iPhone. Most of the time, it is caused by the sudden impact on the solid ground. Many a man goes to the Apple store when they encounter such situation. It is, however, too costly. And sometimes, when the white screen of death is caused by the damage to the software, you are able to fix it by yourself.
The dr.fone – iOS System Repair, an application developed by Wondershare, is known as the expert in this field. It is good at dealing with the hiccup caused by software problems for iPhone users. The main function of it is to recover the data on the Apple devices, create backups, erase the data, and restore the backups. The data it can recover is inclusive of the pictures, the text messages, the contacts, the media files, etc. And it also allows people to recover from the iCloud/iTunes or the other Apple devices. So it is helpful for those who have a white screen on their iPhones.
Here is a tutorial for you, if you are not 100% familiar with this application:
Step 1. Download and install the dr.fone on your computer. There are two different versions for you, both the Windows one and the Mac one. Then run it and connect your iPhone to your computer with USB cable.
Step 2. Click on “System Repair” and wait for its feedback. Then tap on “Start” to go on.
Step 3. Now you need to download the latest version of the firmware according to the iOS version of your iPhone.
Step 4. Immediately after it finishes downloading, the application will start to fix your iPhone automatically.
Step 5. After minutes’ waiting, you now get a message box telling you that it is going to restart to the normal mode.
1. You can fix your iPhone without losing any data on your iPhone in this way. And it is easy and quick.
2. If your iPhone doesn’t turn up after you have carefully done all the steps above, there may be some problems with the hardware on your iPhone. At that time, you’d better contact the Apple store.
How to keep your iPhone away from white screen of death
- 1. The most important one: be careful when you are using it, and don’t let any impact happen to it.
- 2. Equip it with a protective sleeve to avoid the direct impact on the screen.
- 3. The improper or prolonged use can add extra stress to the battery or other hardware and further cause the white screen of death. Please keep an eye on this, and stop using your iPhone if you find it heats up unusually.
- 4. If you have never power off your iPhone, do it once a month from now on. It will take you no more than one minute, but it means a lot to your iPhone. This can reduce the possibility of the white screen of death.
- 5. Keep your iPhone running the latest version of iOS, because such problems often happen on the iPhone below the iOS 7 without concrete cause.