Despite the smooth functionality, speed, and stability, some Galaxy S6 customers have experienced a black screen on their devices after using it for some time. If you don’t handle the issue correctly, your valuable data available on the device will be lost. Therefore, if you are an S6 user, it is better to have an idea about fixing Galaxy S6 black screen without losing your valuable data. This article explains how to fix your device and protect your data.
Before learning how to fix the Galaxy S6 black screen, let’s see what are the possible causes for such instance. In fact, there are several possible reasons for your S6 to get a black screen. Here are some of such reasons.
Due to a hardware failure
We cannot neglect the influence of the physical reasons that cause a black screen (although it is not that common). If you use the phone without much care, everyday impacts can cause damages to the screen. In the event of serious damage, the screen can turn off permanently, giving you a nightmare. In addition to that, a weakened battery can cause the black screen too. So, connecting the charger itself may fix the issue.
Due to a software failure
Software failure is another possible cause of the Galaxy S6 black screen. Such an instance is not that common, but it is possible.
Due to GPU failure
Every component of your phone has limits. If you continue to play heavy games constantly, the GPU unit might start to freeze and give out nothing but dead pixels. However, this issue can be easily fixed simply by restarting the device. The GPU will be refreshed and start displaying live pixels once again.
As soon as the screen goes black and you are not in a position to access your phone anymore, you might panic. Particularly, if such a thing happens to a newly bought phone or you are not a smartphone expert, things can be pretty awful at your end. You will try to do many experiments to get the phone back into the normal mood and search for the right answer pretty much everywhere.
Although the Galaxy S6 black screen may look pretty dreadful, there are several ways to overcome it. The most important thing you should do before anything else is to recover your data. More often than not, the data stored on your phone can be important than the physical device itself. However, if you use a tool like dr.fone – Data Recovery (Android), you can easily recover your data from your S6 even if the screen is black or broken.
We prefer using dr.fone – Recover as our best recovery tool and encourage our readers to use it due to various reasons;
- Dr.Fone is reliable software to recover data from broken Android phone or tablet.
- Comes with a very friendly user interface
- It doesn’t need you to root the phone
- It is affordable
- Be completely free of malware
- Tested by a large number of users across the globe
Recovering Data on an S6 that has a Black Screen using dr.fone – Recover (Android)
dr.fone – Recover (Android) can be used to fix bricked Samsung phone & recover data from phones that have black screens. In the event of the Galaxy S6 black screen, you will no longer be able to access the files, folders and touch control of the device. However, even if your phone gives you a frustrating black screen you should not give up hope as long as you have dr. fone – Recover (Android) with you.
Here’s a step by step guide for you when recovering an S6 that has a black screen (and the phone appears to be frozen).
01. Start dr.fone on the computer and go to the “Data Recovery” option. You will be directed to a section where three options are available. Assuming that you recover data from a phone that doesn’t work, you should select the “Recover from Broken Phone” option. These options are available towards the left-hand side of the dashboard appears on the screen of your PC.
02. After selecting this option, a list of options will be available for you. This section shows you a list of recoverable files. You should select the boxes according to the file types you need to recover. Before starting the process of fixing the Galaxy S6 black screen, you will be able to retrieve many file types ranging from contacts to picture galleries.
03. After this, you will have to select the option called “Black/broken screen” instead “Touch Doesn’t Work or Cannot access the Phone” (as we are trying to recover data from a phone that has a black screen). Then, click next. Then, you will have to search for Device Name and Model. And, click Next once again.
04. Now, you will have to enter the download mode. Then, turn off the phone, press and hold the volume, power and home buttons simultaneously. At the end of this process, you have to press the volume up button and select the “Download Mode” of your Android device.
05. Then, you should connect your S6 device to the computer through the USB port (use the original USB cord to prevent errors). If everything goes well, Dr.Fone will automatically detect your device and start to scan it.
06. At the completion of analyzing the phone, you will be given a list of files to recover from your phone. These files can be recovered and stored in your computer easily; all you have to do is to select the files you need to recover and preview them. For instance, if you need to recover the contact list only, you should highlight it and press “Recover“. Likewise, you can select multiple file types and press “Recover”.
01. You should power off the device before everything else. Then start the device simply by pressing and holding the power key, volume down key and the home key simultaneously.
02. Your Android device will start to vibrate and notify you that it is ready to boot. Then, you will be directed to the Android Recovery System offering you several options to consider.
03. Now, you will have to select the option “Wipe Cache Partition“. To move up and down between the options available in the Android Recovery System, you will have to use the volume keys. Then, you can get a reboot from your Galaxy S6 device, and when the phone restarts, the black screen will be gone.
If the screen is damaged and your S6 shows nothing but a crack on a black screen, you cannot fix it. You should take your phone to a professional to get it fixed. Under such circumstances, trying to fix it by yourself may worsen the damage.
Some phones may give black screen due to an annoying app you have installed (knowingly or unknowingly). In that case, you will have to uninstall the respective app simply after giving a restart to the phone.
It is always important to take the necessary precautions to prevent potential damages and technical errors when you use a smartphone. For instance, to minimize the damages from accidental impacts, you can use a protective case. In order to prevent technical failures, you shouldn’t do anything too-smart (like rooting) unless you know what you are doing exactly.
Before you install any new app (which doesn’t have any reputation), you should read the reviews left by the previous users. Such an approach might prevent you from downloading apps that are harmful and annoying.
In addition to that, it is very important to have a reliable antivirus program installed on your Android device. Such a program would prevent the actions of potentially harmful programs. Apart from that, an antivirus can prevent your personal information too.
The most important thing is to backup your Samsung Galaxy S6 data regularly and be sure to keep your apps and OS updated to the latest version to expect better efficiency, more functionalities and smooth operation from your smartphone. Still, accidents can happen and that is exactly when you need the assistance of a software tool like dr.fone – Android Data Recovery. Thanks to the user-friendly interface, impressive efficiency and affordable price of this handy software tool, you can expect full recovery of your valuable data even if your S6 doesn’t work or gives a black screen.