Most probably, you ended up reading this article as you want to know how to download private Vimeo videos. Well, the good news is that we are going to answer your question and offer several practical options. So, read this article on.
What is Vimeo?
Vimeo is a popular video-sharing platform that plays the role of a competitor to YouTube. Vimeo comes with several packages to select from, and they come with different price tags as well. Also, they offer a basic package which is for free. Although Vimeo allows you to share videos, it doesn’t allow you to download them as per its default terms.
PS: If you are looking for the best Einthusan video downloader, just read more.
Download private Vimeo videos
There is no shortage of individuals (just like you) who want to download private Vimeo videos. However, as we mentioned before, Vimeo doesn’t allow users to download private videos that are shared. That is exactly why users are searching for third-party tools that can download private Vimeo videos. However, as of today, most of the leading video sharing platforms like Vimeo have strengthened their security measures. That means they have applied various algorithms to prevent downloads. But there are powerful tools that can bypass these restrictions and get the videos downloaded. In fact, there is a large number of tools claiming that they can download videos from platforms like Vimeo.
Despite the availability of a large number of tools, it is a wise approach to do your research beforehand. That means you must know in and out of the downloader software you are about to use. Well, in this article, we present several video downloaders with valuable information related to them. You can go through all that information and decide which is the best tool for you.
When it comes to private Vimeo videos, they are password protected. So, downloading private videos is not as simple as one might think. When you play those private videos, you will see a password. So, there is no shortage of problems when you try to download a private video. Mentioned below are some of those issues you might face when downloading private videos.
- In certain cases, the firewall of the system or a browser extension will prevent you from downloading videos.
- Sometimes, you might see a message that says, “Oops! Something broken. Please try again later!”
- The fact is that private Vimeo videos are protected with RTMP protocol. However, Safari doesn’t support this protocol. So, as long as you use a browser other than Safari, you cannot download a private video.
- If you download videos through Vimeo and share them, you necessarily violate Vimeo terms and conditions. In order to prevent violating the terms, they have applied various encryptions.
As we have mentioned before, there are several options to consider when it comes to Vimeo video download. iTube HD Video Downloader is one of the most prominent options you can try and download videos conveniently. This app guarantees that your information is safe after the downloading takes place and saving the video. This powerful tool is appreciated by many users across the globe due to its efficiency and superb performance. The overall performance of this tool is really amazing, and it comes with smooth functionality. It has hardly any bugs associated with it. Apart from just downloading videos from video sharing platforms, it can perform various other tasks for your convenience. Many individuals who have already used this tool claim it to be the best video downloader. Thanks to the inventive and simplified user-interface, you can expect excellent user-friendliness from this tool. Even if you are a novice, you can make use of this tool pretty easily and download videos easily.
Features of iTube HD Video Downloader
Let’s take a look at the most notable features associated with iTube HD Video Downloader.
- Improved features that protect the download information simply by using a password and thereby, the security is assured. Only authorized individuals can access this information.
- It is compatible with leading video sharing platforms like YouTube, DailyMotion, VEVO, etc. in addition to Vimeo. In fact, it supports more than 10,000 video sharing sites.
- It allows you to download videos with HD quality. It supports video formats such as 4K UHD, 4K and up to 360p. In a nutshell, it supports all the resolution types.
- It is capable of handling multiple video downloads at a time by utilizing just a single click.
- You can create a video library with it using the downloaded videos.
- It can save download history and organize the videos.
- It is also capable of deleting unwanted videos as well.
- You can use it to convert all the downloaded videos from one format to a different.
- This downloader supports more than 153 different formats.
- It can also record high-quality video from the sites that don’t usually allow downloading.
How to download Vimeo Videos using iTube HD Video Downloader
Here are the steps you should follow in order to download videos using iTube HD Video Downloader.
01. First of all, you should launch iTube Vimeo Downloader on the computer to see its main interface. Then, you should locate the ‘Lock’ icon, which is placed at the top bar. Just click on this ‘Lock’ icon and provide a password to be applied to your private mode. Also, you can choose to include options like Do not show thumbnails of private videos. In addition to that, you can choose ‘Save Private videos as hidden’ option.
02. Now, you can go to Vimeo official website and search for the video you intend to download privately. Then, copy the URL code of this file.
03. Now, you should paste the copied URL on the box dedicated for the very purpose. The box comes with the label ‘Paste URL.’ You can then monitor the progress of the downloading process in the status bar. When it comes to multiple videos, you can paste multiple URLs.
If not, you can consider using iTube HD video Downloader’s built-in browser as well. To do that, you should go to ‘Online’ tab and get the Vimeo site opened within the built-in browser. Then, click on the ‘Download’ button, which can be seen at the bottom of the video. If necessary, you can use this Download extension on standard browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.
04. Now that you have downloaded the video, you should locate it on the computer. To do this, you should go to the tab labeled ‘Downloaded.’ After doing that, you will be able to see a list of Vimeo videos you have already downloaded. To access these videos, you should enter the password. There are icons that allow you to add private videos to different categories.
When you have turned on the private mode, you will not see those videos on the local folder. That means the downloaded videos are fully protected in terms of privacy. Your download information is well-secured, and you don’t have to worry about it. Nevertheless, turning off this private mode will start to show the downloaded videos in the local folder.
Important: In general, iTube HD Video Downloader downloads most of the private videos into your private list. If a video is ignored, somehow, you should add them manually into the playlist. Such an approach will help to assure the privacy of the downloaded videos.
It is true that the previous method will help to download Vimeo videos in a faster and convenient manner. However, some individuals simply don’t want to download and install software into their computers due to various reasons. If you fall into this category, you can try an online downloader to download Vimeo videos. In fact, there is no shortage of options when it comes to online Vimeo downloaders. Some of these video downloaders can download videos in high quality. For instance, we can name some tools like VideoGrabber and KeepVid. In this case, we will explain one of those tools, VideoGrabber. In fact, VideoGrabber comes with a very convenient user-interface which allows you to paste URL of the respective video. Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in order to download Vimeo Videos through VideoGrabber.
- First of all, you should go to VideoGrabber website and find the box that says “Paste URL.” Now, paste URL and click on the option “Download.”
- Now, you should choose the output format of the video and the quality of the video. You can decide the file size of the video on the quality and format of the video.
- Now, you can complete the process simply by clicking on the button labeled “Download.” Then, the video will start to download on the computer. You don’t have to download any software to complete this process.
Here are some of the other ways you can use to download private Vimeo videos. You can consider these options if the above options don’t serve your purpose well.
01. Video DownloadHelper
This is a pretty handy tool that can help you to download Vimeo videos conveniently. Apart from downloading videos, you can simply extract images from any website and have them saved in your computer.
Main features of Video DownloadHelper
- This tool is compatible with all the major video hosting sites like Dailymotion, Facebook, Vine, Metacafe, etc. That is in addition to Vimeo.
- It can be used to record and capture screen whenever it is required. Highlighting the position of the pointer and exporting a video file of the caption is another feature. Therefore, it is exceptionally helpful for purposes like recording tutorials.
- If you subscribe to the paid version, you can use this tool to convert video formats.
02. MacX YouTube Downloader
Although the name suggests that it is a YouTube downloader, it is compatible with various other platforms.
Main features of MacX YouTube Downloader
- Compatible with over 300 video sharing platforms.
- It comes with a very powerful built-in video player.
- It supports batch downloading of videos.
Well, that’s how to download private Vimeo videos through various methods. Hope you’d find this information to be useful.