Although Google Chrome is an excellent web browser with plenty of user-friendly features, it can experience some issues occasionally. For instance, some users say that Chrome is very slow at times. So, what can you do for Google Chrome Being Slow? How to speed up Google Chrome? Don’t worry. We can help you fix this issue regardless of the platform you are using.
One of the common culprits behind Google Chrome’s slow performance is clogged up cache files. Also, some of the extensions you have installed on the browser can make it run slow. No matter what the reason is, we are trying to address it and get it back to normal.
Here’s what to do if Chrome Being Slow
You can go through the solutions mentioned below and use them to overcome any potential issues.
Method 1: Get rid of the obsolete tabs
One of the most common reasons behind slow Google Chrome performance is multiple tabs that are obsolete. So, obviously, you can close those tabs and rectify the error. Even if you don’t use any of those tabs, they consume system resources and eventually slow the browser down. There is no need to explain how to do it. Just close all the tabs that are not required and see if the browser shows better performance.
Method 2: Uninstall the extensions that can slow Chrome down
If Google Chrome Being Slow, even after closing the obsolete tabs, the next culprit to check is extensions. As of today, there is a myriad of extensions to download, and many of them affect the browser’s performance. So, what you have to do is to get rid of those unwanted extensions and check the performance.
In fact, cleaning up your browser will not be that easy when it comes to Mac and Windows systems. Anyway, to make it easier for you, we have explained methods related to both the systems below.
How to Speed Up Google Chrome – For Windows
- First, you should launch Google Chrome.
- Then, click on the ‘Menu‘ (which is located at the top-right corner of the screen).
- Choose the option called ‘More Tools‘ from the available options and then go to ‘Extensions.’
- Under this option, you will find another menu called ‘Chrome Apps and Extensions.’ To disable an extension, you should toggle the switch off.
- After the disabling is done, you should restart the Google Chrome browser and see if it works better.
How to Speed Up Google Chrome – For Mac
If you are a Mac user and want to get rid of unwanted extensions, there is a convenient way. You don’t have to take the trouble of searching through the menus in the system. Instead, you can simply use a powerful tool called iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner and get your Mac optimized. Apart from removing browser extensions, this powerful app can easily optimize your Mac in many ways. Thanks to the smart algorithm of this tool, it can search through all the extensions (including hidden ones). Then, it can remove all those unwanted apps without causing any harm to other files or apps.
Method 3: Give your computer an overall cleanup
Another method to address slow-performing Google Chrome is to clean your computer and tune it up. Through a proper clean up, you remove all the unnecessary files that are stored on your computer. If you are using a Windows PC, you will have to clean it manually and optimize the performance. However, if you are using a Mac, you can get it done with a couple of clicks.
For Mac systems, you don’t have to use all the menu commands or extensive processes. Instead, you can get it done conveniently using iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner. You can download this tool on your Mac and get it installed easily to begin the process. Then, it will search for all the unwanted files in the system and get rid of them effortlessly. You will eventually have a well-optimized, clean computer that doesn’t have any lagging or malfunctions.
Mentioned below are some of the most significant features associated with iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner.
- It is a very convenient tool that can be used even by a novice user.
- Work exceptionally well to find all the junk files and delete them without leaving traces.
- It can clean all the unwanted apps, system cache, and any other leftover files to optimize the system.
- It can remove all the unwanted files using a single click.
- iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner can optimize any mac system within a couple of minutes.
- This app can clear more than 40 different types of junk files to make your system faster.
- It comes as a comprehensive all-in-one package.
- You can use it to find and clean even the large and duplicate files to boots performance.
- It comes at a very affordable price compared to the products of a similar kind.
- It is developed to be perfectly compatible with all the macOS versions, including the newest. Also, it works on all Mac computers, including iMac, MacBook Pro, and Air.
- They offer very convenient and advanced tech-support, which is very helpful.
- You can use it on five computers under the same license.
- It has already received impressive feedback from plenty of clients across the globe, including corporate clients.
How to speed up Google Chrome using iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner
Using iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner is very easy. You don’t have to be a programmer or a tech-savvy to get it done. Thanks to the convenient user-interface, you can find the options very easily and optimize your Mac.
All you have to do is to download the iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner and get it installed. Then, just select the option labeled ‘Speed Up Chrome.’ The rest will be looked after by Umate Mac Cleaner itself. As a result, you will see that the entire system (including Chrome) is performing at superb speed.
Besides, regarding the error of ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID, here is the top solution for you.
Method 4: Get rid of the browser data that are old
There is a good possibility for Chrome to run very slow as a result of clogged old browser data. Old browser data can pile up over time, and these files comprise of cache files, cookies and browser history. When gathered up in large numbers, these files can slow down the performance of your browser. To get things back in track, you should clean those old files.
If you are a Mac user and wonder how to speed up Google Chrome, iMyFone Umate is the solution. This special software can clear all those old files that trouble the performance and refresh it. Mentioned below are the files iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner can.
- Browser cookies
- Autofill data
- Data related to the last session
- HTML5 Storage
- Browsing history
- The download history of the browser
- Chrome’s cache memory
It is true that cleaning all those browser details is very easy using Umate Mac Cleaner. However, cleaning the same files in a Windows system is relatively complex compared to it. Mentioned below are the steps to get it done.
- As the first step, you should press Ctrl + Shift and Delete keys simultaneously. Once you do it, you will see a different window popping up.
- With this window, you can clear the data related to your Chrome browser. You should set the parameters to delete the data as you need.
- Once the parameters are set, you should click on the option called ‘Advanced.’ Then, you should select the option called ‘All the Items.’
- Restart Chrome and see how it works now.
Method 5: Get rid of unwanted processes if Google Chrome Being Slow
This is another method that can help you run Google Chrome in a very smooth manner. The process of getting rid of those unwanted processes is pretty simple, regardless of the platform.
Mentioned below are the steps you should follow in a Windows PC.
- Press Ctrl + Alt and Delete keys simultaneously to bring the task manager window up. If prompted, you should press ‘Yes‘ to open this option.
- Once the ‘Task Manager‘ is open, you can simply close all the unnecessary processes related to Chrome. As a result, Chrome will start to run faster.
If you are on a Mac, follow the steps mentioned below.
On a Mac, you will have to access Activity Monitor and close down all the processes that are heavy. If not, you can simply use iMyFone Umate Mac Cleaner to avoid all those issues at once. It can identify and stop all the processes that consume system resources.
Method 6: Update Google Chrome to its latest version
If you are using an old version of Google Chrome, that may be a reason to slow down. You can update the browser simply to fix this issue. Mentioned below are the steps to update Google Chrome.
- Launch Google Chrome and go to ‘Menu.’
- Click on ‘Help‘ and then select the option ‘About Google Chrome.’
- Wait for a while for Google Chrome to be updated.
- Restart Chrome to see if the problem is resolved.
Please note that this method works on both Mac and Windows versions.
Method 7: Scan your computer using a good anti-virus program
If the problem persists, use a good anti-virus program and scan your computer thoroughly.
Conclusion on How to Speed Up Google Chrome
So, that is how to speed up Google Chrome. You can try any of the above methods if Chrome Being Slow and make it function normally. As you may notice, optimizing your Mac can be easily done with a professional tool like Umate Mac Cleaner. Good luck!