If you have the built-in email application in your iPhone, then many times it cannot get mail the connection to the server failed. This is a very frustrating situation, and it frequently happens with mail services like Yahoo mail and Microsoft Exchange. The iPhone models like 5/5s/6/7/8/X/XR/XS/11/11 Pro running on versions 7/8/9/10/11/12/13 also face the issue.
Let us help you to deal with this issue as we provide the best solutions in this article. Read on.
Three best software to troubleshoot the mail connection error
Read through this list of 3 amazing tools that will fix all your iOS issues.
Fonelab iOS System Recovery to Fix ‘iOS Cannot Get Mail – The Connection To The Server Failed’
There can be many reasons when the iPhone cannot get mail the connection to the server failed. It is easier to deal with the petty issues, but it gets serious with the system software in trouble. Repairing the iOS system is very important, as leaving it unattended might just aggravate the situation.
It is for this purpose that we bring to you an all-mighty tool called the Fonelab iOS System Recovery. It works highly professional and has got the best of skills to deal with so many issues. No matter which service does your email account belongs to, be it Gmail, Outlook, or iCloud, etc., the tool will give the best help in troubleshooting all the server connection failure errors.
Not just that, it can also put to rest a lot of other system issues like the iTunes recovery mode, DFU mode, a white screen, Apple logo, the loop restart, and so on. It also has a unique Quick fix feature that works best for repairing the troublesome iOS systems on the iPod, iPad, and the iPhones that have got disabled. If your iPhone is not receiving emails due to firmware issues, do give this software a try.
Before moving on, let’s take a look at some of its features:
- It helps you to restore the failed server connections and also fix the black screen, a frozen screen, etc.
- You can easily downgrade your iOS system from the latest version like 13 to 13, 13 to 12, and others.
- It also lets you restore the iPhone to its original factory setting without you even needing to enter the Apple password or ID.
- It works with a lot of iPhone models and the iPad mini/Air/Pro, etc. as well.
- You can download it for free on any PC, be it Windows or Mac OS.
Now let’s see how to use the software for when the iPhone cannot get mail the connection to the server failed:
1. Download the software on your PC by going to the official website of it. Finish the installation process and then launch the program open on the desktop. In the primary interface, you will see the option of iOS System Recovery. Click it.
2. Establish a connection between the computer and the device with the help of a lightning cable. Now unlock the iPhone and then tap on the option Trust that appears on the screen.
3. The program will now detect the problems on the device and will display them too on the main screen itself. Now click on the button Start to go further.
4. Now for starting the repair, you have three options:
- If the program finds the iOS system to be abnormal, it will detect the causal issues. If not, then it will mark the status as normal. And if that is the case, then you can click on the feature of Free Quick Fix, and this will make the program repair the phone automatically.
- And if the program finds the Recovery Mode or the DFU Mode to be active on the phone, you can click on the option Fix for continuing.
- If the program finds the system to be abnormal but cannot display the origin of the problem by displaying the status as Unknown, you may need to click on the option Fix for continuing.
5. In the next pop-up window that emerges, select the appropriate mode between the Standard and the Advanced.
6. At this stage, you will have to choose the right firmware package for repairing the iOS system. See all the necessary information related to the firmware like Device type, Device Model, Device category, and Updated to Version. You can choose for downgrading the iOS or downloading the upgraded beta version of the iOS. Now click on the option Repair for starting the fixation process of the iOS system.
Check now if you can receive the emails or not as the connection stands fixed.
Besides, click to learn more about how to use iCloud Mail Account on Android devices and how to fix the ‘Snapchat There Was a Problem Connecting to The Server‘ issue easily.
iMyFone iOS System Recovery to Fix ‘iOS Cannot Get Mail – The Connection To The Server Failed’
When the problem lies with the software itself, it becomes very difficult to deal with it. One solution might not work for you, and you may have to come down to another one. It is here that we introduce you to this amazing software called the iMyFone Fixppo iOS System Recovery which will help your iPhone when it cannot get mail the connection to the server failed. It will help you to update the firmware, which may act as a one-stop solution to so many problems.
This particular software can be run on the iOS 11 model smoothly. This third-party tool can fix almost any regular software issue that your device might be suffering from. Using this program is very simple. All you need to do is starting with downloading it on your PC. Then you have to connect the iOS device with the PC and then follow the instructions as they appear on the screen. Voila! You are done.
By the way, if your iPhone volume buttons stuck, click to fix it now.
The list is not over yet, and here we are with another great tool that is going to help your device when it cannot get mail the connection to the server failed. It is worth a try as it promises to give sure results when it comes to dealing with a large variety of iOS firmware issues. We assure you that all the issues will be dealt with.
- This is the best recovery software for the iOS 14 model and its system.
- It protects the data stored on the device against any loss.
- If the phone gets stuck in the recovery mode, the tool is going to be at your rescue.
- It is compatible with a wide range of iPhone models and versions, including iPhone XS Max/XS/XR/11/12, and the iOS 12/13/14 and the earlier ones.
Some other fixes when the phone cannot get mail the connection to the server failed
Check your internet connection
This is a very basic step that you might need to check for the initials. A slow data connection may be causing the connection hindrance. Get an active and fast internet connection if that be the case.
Re-activate the mail account
Some situations might see the email server rejecting the incoming as well as the outgoing information related to your mail account, and this may become a regular cause. To solve this issue, you can try removing the email account and then re-configure it. Here how you can do it:
- Open Phone settings and click on “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.”
- Open the troublesome mail account and then tap on the button Delete Account.
- Go back to the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.” Tap on the button of the Add Account.
- Select the email provider of your choice like the Gmail or Yahoo Mail or the Exchange. Now Sign-in into the email account.
- Once you are done with all this, you will see that the mail messages are refreshed. Look if the problem persists or it is gone.
Change the mail inbox
If you cannot get mail the connection to the server failed, then you may try creating another temporary folder and direct the mails from the server to it. This folder will be acting as a safe location for the mails. With the right settings, you can move the mails easily. You can even create permanent folders for this purpose.
Change the Security settings of Microsoft Exchange
This process will require a bit of technological knowledge, but don’t worry; we have got your help. When the phone cannot get mail the connection to the server failed, you may need to get into the server settings of the phone and then do changes there. This might just solve the issue for you. Let’s see the steps to be able to do so:
- Open the tab ‘Active Directory Users and computer‘ on the PC. Now select the option View and then click on the Advanced Features option in the menu on the top.
- Find your mail account in the list and then right-click on it. Then select Properties.
- Click on the Security tab and then choose the option Advanced.
- Tick the box next to the option ‘Include inheritable permissions from this object’s parent.’
Some more fixes
There are some of the solutions left that you can try which have been reported by many users for successfully fixing the iPhone that cannot get mail the connection to the server failed. They work on any iPhone/iPod touch/iPad. Here are the steps to follow.
- You can try enabling the Airplane Mode in the settings of the phone. Then disable the option again.
- Try turning the iCloud off. Now go to the saved mail accounts on your phone and reset the password of all of them.
- Refresh the Network settings on the phone. Click on General in phone Settings and then Reset. Finally, click Reset Network Settings.
- You can also change the field of ‘Mail Days to Sync‘ into ‘No Limit.’ This will change the settings of your mailbox in a way that will enable the server to sync the messages automatically as per the network availability. The server will never sync out with the messages.
The iPhone cannot get mail the connection to the server failed error with the best methods and programs that we provided to you. All of them are super easy and worth the try. Make your way through them and pick the best. Do share your experience with us!