In general, Windows 10 is a very impressive operating system that comes with a lot of handy features. However, some Windows users often face a couple of common errors. Bad system config info Windows 10 is one of those errors that occur to the frustration of many users. Have you come across this issue and wonder what to do? Don’t worry. Let’s sort it out for you! This article will explain the “bad system config info Windows 10” and how to solve it easily. We offer you six solutions so you can pick the most appropriate one from the list.
For some other problems on your computer, here are the best solutions for you: how to delete Windows update files, and your computer is low on memory, as well as your Windows license will expire soon.
What makes “bad system config info Windows 10” to appear?
In this section of the article, we will explain the major reasons behind the issue. This information might be handy in finding a reliable fix for the “bad system config info Windows 10” error. Listed below are possible reasons that cause this error on your Windows computer.
- A corrupted or damaged hard drive
- Your PC has Windows system files that are corrupted
- Your PC has Windows registry files that are corrupted
- And your PC has bad device drives
- Your PC experiences a conflict between hardware
- Your PC has a corrupted RAM or a damaged RAM
The above list of potential reasons that can cause a “bad system config info Windows 10” error. If you are a beginner-level Windows user, you may feel pretty complicated about those causes. However, the good news is that we can address those errors. The very purpose of this article is to explain to you how to overcome these issues easily. The next section of this article is dedicated to revealing all the solutions to resolve these issues.
How to solve “bad system config info Windows 10” error
From this point onwards, we reveal the most practical solutions to address the above-mentioned issues. The list of solutions we reveal comprises extremely simple methods and slightly complicated methods. You may go through the list and select the best option that perfectly addresses your situation.
Fix “bad system config info Windows 10” with EaseUS Partition Manager
EaseUS Partition Manager is special software with enough power to resolve this issue and other issues like “WSAPPX High CPU” and “the file is too large for the destination file system“. This is a user-friendly software that can address complex issues for those who prefer the convenience and save time.
Option One: Check and repair your hard disk
As you are already aware, “bad system config info Windows 10” can occur due to a bad hard disk. You can overcome the potential issues associated with hard disks simply by following this method. You can do it in two ways. Either you can go for a partition manager software or do it manually. Both of these methods work perfectly fine with Windows 7, 8, and 10 operating systems.
Check the hard disk and fix the errors using CMD (the manual method)
- First, go to the Start menu and type in “Command” in the search box. If not, you can press Window key with “R”, type CMD in the search box and hit “Enter” key.
- Type in the letters CHKDSK /f > and hit “Enter”.
- You can then follow the onscreen instructions and complete the checking and repairing process.
Use EaseUS Partition Manager to check and repair the corrupted hard disk drive
This software will make the process a lot easier for you when it comes to repairing a hard disk drive. In fact, you can do the repairing process with a couple of clicks.
1). Download and install EaseUS Partition Master. Launch the software and locate the disk. You should now right-click on the partition you will need to work on. Then, you should choose the option “Check File System“.
2). When the “Check File System” window opens, you should select the option “Try to fix errors if found“. Let it be selected and then click on the option “Start“.
3). Now, the software will start to check the partition file system on the disk. After this task, you can click on the option “Finish“.
If it is unable for you to overcome the issue with the method above, more to solution 02.
Option Two: Use a bootable disk
Under this method, you will boot and restore your Windows system and get the errors fixed. In this case, you will have to use a WinPE bootable disk. After this process, you will get your Windows into a healthy state. To create a working bootable disk, you need good partition manager software. This is another instance where you need to use EaseUS Partition Manager.
Follow the steps mentioned below to do it easily.
1). Log into a healthy PC that doesn’t have any issues with its OS. Make sure that it has the same operating system and version that runs on the faulty computer. Then, create a WinPE bootable disk. You can use a USB drive or an SD card to create the new bootable disk.
2). Then, you should connect the bootable disk to your computer and select the option boot from the disk.
3). Then, select to enter the EaseUS Partition Master.
4). Then, you can use EaseUS Partition Master so it will fix the potential hard drive errors.
You can then reboot your Windows PC and check if it works.
Option Three: fix Windows registry issues using CMD
This CMD method works on Windows 7, 8, and 10. The CMD commands can, therefore, be applied to the corrupted Windows registry easily. Following is the list of steps to it.
1). Boot the computer from a Windows DVD or a USB. It doesn’t matter if it has Windows 10, 8, or 7. Then launch the command prompt.
2). You should now type “CD C:\Windows\System32\config” and hit the “Enter” key.
3). Then, you should type in the following commands on the same command prompt window. Make sure that you hit “Enter” after typing each line.
- ren C:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT DEFAULT.old
- ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SAM SAM.old
- ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SECURITY SECURITY.old
- ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SOFTWARE SOFTWARE.old
- ren C:\Windows\System32\config\SYSTEM SYSTEM.old
4). Then, you should type the below-listed commands as well. Press enter after typing each line. This is done to restore the Windows registry manually.
- copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\DEFAULT C:\Windows\System32\config\
- copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SAM C:\Windows\System32\config\
- copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SECURITY C:\Windows\System32\config\
- copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SYSTEM C:\Windows\System32\config\
- copy C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SOFTWARE C:\Windows\System32\config\
Option Four: Update the drivers of your PC’s devices
Faulty or outdated drivers can cause “bad system config info Windows 10”. To fix it, you can update the drivers. To do that, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to “Device Manager” and right click on the driver you need to update.
- When prompted, click on the option “Update driver“.
- Do this repeatedly to update all the drivers.
If not, you can use a driver update tool to update all the drivers at once.
Option Five: Boot the computer with “last known good configuration”
This is another method for you to consider. Follow the instructions given below to do it.
- Go to “Start” and then go to “Power” option.
- Press and hold the “Shift” key on the keyboard and choose the option “Restart“
- Then, you should click on “Troubleshoot” and then go to “Advanced Options“. Click on “Startup Settings” thereafter.
- Click on the option “Restart“
Once the system is restarted, the advanced boot menu will appear. This is displayed on a black screen. Choose the option “Last known good configurations (Advanced). You can navigate through the options using arrow keys on the keyboard. Hit enter when the option is selected.
For Windows 7 and other older versions
- Restart the PC and press and hold the F8 key as the computer boots.
- When you are directed to the advanced boot menu, go to “Last known good configuration (Advanced)“.
Just like the previous method, you can navigate through the options using arrow keys. Then, on the keyboard, hit “Enter“.
Option Six: Repair the RAM using Windows Memory Diagnostic
The 06th and final solution to our article is to use Windows Memory Diagnostic. Through this solution, we expect to repair the RAM.
- Go to Start and key in “memory diagnostic”. Then, click on “Windows Memory Diagnostic“.
- Click on “Restart now and check for problems (recommended)” option.
Your Windows PC will get restarted, and look for potential memory issues in the RAM. You should give it some time to repair the RAM.
Well, those are the solutions we have to address the “bad system config info Windows 10” issue. We hope you find this information useful. If you have problems with potential Windows update database error detected and AMD Quick Stream, click to fix them now.