WhatsApp Messenger is the most popular and commonly used mobile app for instant chatting and sharing photos, videos, contacts, and even important documents. It has more than one billion user bases at present. If you are a WhatsApp user, the scary thought of losing all your important attachments accidentally must have crossed your mind at least once. In this article, we will provide you the different reliable ways to backup all your WhatsApp photos on iPhone 11, SE, XS, XR, X, 8 (Plus), 7(Plus), SE, 6S (Plus), 6 (Plus).
Click it, if you need to know how to Backup Whatsapp Messages from iPhone To Computer and how to fix iPhone Backup Failed with ease, as well as How to Transfer WhatsApp Messages from iPhone to iPhone 11.
Part 1: How does WhatsApp Backup Photos By Itself?
In previous versions of WhatsApp, there was no option for an automatic backup of data and media files. Users who felt threatened by the thought of data loss, they used to take manual backup by copying the WhatsApp’s files and folders from their iPhones and storing them in HDD or cloud. But it was a very tedious job as it had to be done on a regular basis and restoring and recovering them was equally painful.
Quite recently, WhatsApp has come up with a backup system that could be operated from within their app. You can back up your chats and photos both manually from the app or you can set a specific time period for automated backup.
Steps To Create Automatic Backup Of WhatsApp Photos On iPhone
- Open WhatsApp application on your iPhone and Tap on the ‘Settings‘ tab.
2. Chat Settings will open instantly, then tap on the ‘Chat Backup‘ option and then select ‘Backup Now‘ Option.
3. If you want to back up photos automatically and regularly after a specific time period, Tap on ‘Auto Backup‘ option and select the required schedule option from daily, weekly or monthly.
Steps To Recover The Backup Photos In Your Time Of Need
- 1. Uninstall WhatsApp and then reinstall it.
- 2. Open WhatsApp and verify your phone number.
- 3. An automatic message will appear asking you to restore your chats and photos from the iCloud drive (this is where chats and photos are kept as a backup). Approve it to start the restoration process. Once done, tap ‘Next’ to see your restored chats and then WhatsApp starts restoring the photos.
Note: WhatsApp does not backup Video files or any other form of media files. The iCloud drive must be turned on and under it, WhatsApp must be turned on to start the backup process. If anyone of them is turned off by any chance, there won’t be any backup process that will throw an exception in the background.
Drawbacks: There have been lots of issues reported on the malfunctioning of this backup and recovery feature on WhatsApp. This is a relatively new feature and minor bugs and loopholes are still to be fixed.
Also, if you wonder how to perform WhatsApp export more than 40000 messages easily, click to read more.
Part 2: Full Solution to Backup Whatsapp Photos on iPhone by Dr.Fone
But till then, we recommend you to use dr.fone to backup WhatsApp chats and attachments in the most reliable and easiest way without any fear of malfunctioning. You can now recover any deleted chats, photos, videos, documents, contacts and everything else related to your WhatsApp from any iOS device – iPhone, iPad or iPod. It is fully compatible with iOS 12, iTunes 12 and iPhone XS and XR. You don’t have to worry about important data and files even if your OS gets corrupted during software patch updates.
A large chunk of WhatsApp users are already using it and there have been no reports of any bugs. Besides, users are recommending it to most of their contacts and leaving positive reviews.
Features of dr.fone – The Most Reliable Tool On iPhone
- 1. You can recover data from any iOS device or iTunes or iCloud.
- 2. You can take backup of all supported data and media files on Whatsapp.
- 3. You can select which chats and files to backup.
- 4. You can select which files to restore instead of restoring the whole chat.
- 5. You can transfer or export photos and videos of WhatsApp chats separately.
- 6. It offers an outstanding Repair OS feature to fix any iOS related problem within 10 minutes such as the dead screen, performance abnormality or when stuck in recovery mode.
Steps To Use dr.fone To Backup iOS WhatsApp Messages And Media
Step 1. Download, install and launch dr.Fone on your computer and connect the iPhone via USB cable.
Step 2. Wait until Dr.Fone automatically detects your device, then click on ‘WhatsApp Transfer‘ option followed by “WhatsApp” tab.
Note: Under ‘WhatsApp’, there are options such as ‘Transfer WhatsApp Messages‘ to transfer them from one iOS device to another or to an Android device and ‘Restore WhatsApp Messages To iOS Device‘ to restore every conversation entirely or to restore selectively.
Step 3. Click on ‘Backup WhatsApp Messages‘ and then a screen will appear showing your iPhone is connected. Now click on ‘Backup‘ button. The process of data backup will start automatically.
Step 4. Once the process gets over, click on ‘View It‘ to have a look at the backup files. You can see them in chat format with the contact numbers of the persons with whom you had your conversations.
Step 5. Under WhatsApp & attachments heading, you will find an option ‘WhatsApp Attachments‘ which contains all the media files such as photos and videos from each conversation. You can select selective attachments and restore them or transfer them to your device.
Note: It provides options to recover data from any iOS device. Alternatively, you can scan and recover from iTunes backup files and iCloud backup files. As many as 17 different types of files can be recovered such as messages, contacts, photos, voice mail, notes, calendar, call history, reminder, etc. The options for the above activities are present above ‘Recover‘ in the home screen.
There are quite a few software tools available to backup and recover WhatsApp data but nothing can match the standard for dr.fone – WhatsApp Transfer. It is reliable, powerful, feature-rich and easy to handle. It is your one-stop solution for iPhone to WhatsApp transfer, backup, restore and recover WhatsApp data and media files.