The ApowerRescue is a great data recovery software that has been helping people recover their lost or deleted iOS data with much ease. However, the tool has some restrictive functionality that makes it unsuitable for many other data recovery requirements. We are, thus, going to review this tool for you in this article, along with introducing two amazing alternative data recovery programs so that you can make the better choice.
About the ApowerRescue software
This is a data recovery tool developed by a company named Apowersoft. The main function of this software is to recover any type of data like messages, contacts, images, etc. that were lost from the device due to any accidental issue, deletion, formatting, or any other reason. Not just this, it also allows the restoration of backup files on any iOS device with much ease.
It doesn’t matter if the iOS device breaks or gets lost; all the data stored in it can be transferred to another place without any hassle. The only thing required is that the data must have been backed up on any platform like iCloud or iTunes previously.
PS: let’s figure out how to retrieve deleted calls or call log from your iTunes backup and Recover Lost Contacts on iPhone with ease.
Major functions of the ApowerRescue data recovery tool
This software can do a lot for you when it comes to data recovery.
● Recover lost data from the iOS devices
Any data deleted by accident can be restored with the help of this tool. The Recover from iOS device mode can be used to get the data back for which no backup has been created on any other platform. Once the device is connected with the PC having this tool, it starts the scanning process, and then the lost files can be recovered.
Note: Backup is a must for restoration if the data was permanently removed.
● Recover lost data from the iTunes backup
This is another mode of the software that lets you retrieve the lost data from iTunes backup files. If you backed up the data on the iOS device via iTunes, it could be extracted from those backup files in case it gets lost.
● Recover lost data from the iCloud backup
This is another mode in the software which allows the retrieval of lost data via the backup created on iCloud. This mode comes especially handy when the data needs to be restored or transferred to another device. You just need to log into your Apple ID and then select whatever data you wish to retrieve from the iCloud backup files like call logs, messages, images, videos, etc.
Cost of the ApowerRescue software
The pricing of the tool varies as per the different versions.
Free version– It allows only the scanning of the data, and you can recover anything.
Paid version– With the paid subscription, you can also recover the scanned lost data. Again, there are various license plans in this version:
- Three-month plan- $39.95
- One year plan- $49.95
- Lifetime plan- $69.95
Analysis of the merits and demerits of the ApowerRescue software
This will help you understand the utility of this data recovery tool.
- The tool has simple functionality and interface.
- It allows file previewing before the restoration via any method or mode.
- It also differentiated the existing from removed files.
- Around 13 data types can be recovered.
- It is compatible with many iPhone versions, including 5 to XS and iPad mini to pro.
- Your device may not get detected even with the latest version of iTunes.
- The scanning process takes a long time.
- The tool is not very effective at fixing the other system issues.
- The free version allows the scanning of files only.
Also, let’s learn more about how to recover Snapchat photos on iPhone effortlessly.
iMyFone D-Back – Great alternative to the ApowerRescue software
If you had been searching for advanced software for data recovery, then your search stops here with the iMyFone D-Back software getting you the most effective help. This software deploys all the highly advanced technologies in helping you get back the deleted or lost from any iOS device like an iPad, iPod Touch, or iPhone. This data recovery can be made either directly from that device or the data backup created in iTunes and iCloud with the help of this software in both the cases.
There are two versions of this software- free and paid. While the free version can help you to find the lost data by scanning the system and let you preview it, the paid version allows you to recover that data too. This means that all the lost data that can be viewed with the help of the trial version can be exactly recovered with the help of the full version. Also, you may want to know more about it from the full Review for iMyFone D-Back.
Features of the iMyFone D-Back software
- The star feature of this app is the roll-back technology that does the job of data retrieval in the most advanced way along with ensuring the highest chances of data recovery, no matter what was the reason for the loss of the data.
- The Smart Recovery mode of this software is a mention-worthy feature that facilitates the recovery of the lost data depending upon the reason due to which the data was lost or deleted. It can easily perform the WhatsApp Data Recovery from iOS and Android and recover data from iPhone after the factory reset.
- The software supports a huge variety of data to be recovered. Data from apps like Whatsapp, Kik, WeChat, Viber, LINE, QQ, phone gallery, messages, iMessages, call logs, internet browsers, notes, voice notes, bookmarks, calendars, etc. can be easily restored.
- The compatibility of the iMyFone D-Back software is high, and it can be used on a large number of iOS devices with a vast range of versions, even including the latest iOS 14 and iPhone XS. iPhone versions from 4 to 12, all iPad models, and iPod Touch versions 1 to 6 are all compatible with this software.
- The software comes with other standard recovery modes where it can restore the lost data from the iOS device system, iTunes backup, and iCloud backup too.
- It can also fix other issues in the iOS system.
Method of recovering data with the iMyFone D-Back software on iOS
The method of going about data recovery with this software involves some very simple steps. Let’s see what you need to do:
1. Download the software on any PC or Mac. Install properly and then launch it.
2. Connect the target iOS device with that PC and then give the required permissions on the device to trust the PC connection.
3. Under the tab of Smart Data Recovery, hit the button Start, and then choose the option of the reason for data deletion. Hit the button Scan now, and then the iMyFone D-Back software will give you a preview of the scanned data.
4. Look through all the data and then select the files that you wish to recover. Hit the button, Recover.
5. Choose the destination folder where you want the retrieved data to get stored.
That was it. This process is the same with all the other recovery modes like iTunes or iCloud recovery. Once the data is scanned, it will let you choose the data you want to retrieve from the data being previewed.
Advantages of using iMyFone D-Back
You must have already seen that the iMyFone D-Back software has highly advanced technologies that make it more efficient and effective than the ApowerRescue software even though both of the programs perform the same functions. All the major data types are supported by the programs, and they can make a recovery without and restoration of the device. However, the ApowerRescue has only three data recovery modes, while the iMyFone D-Back has four of them, with the Smart Recovery Mode being the best one.
The compatibility quotient of the iMyFone D-Back is also higher as it can support iPod Touch devices too, which is not supported by the other data recovery tools. The fast scan functionality of the software also makes it take the least scanning time among all the competitors.
FoneLab iPhone Data recovery- Another great alternative to try
The high pricing and other disadvantages of the ApowerRescue software can disappoint you into not making it a choice for your data recovery requirements as it would be a waste of money, too, if you buy the full version of this software. However, there is another great alternative data recovery tool that you can try, which is the FoneLab software launched by the company Aiseesoft. The best thing about this tool is that it has very simple functionality and yet gives the most effective results while recovering the lost iOS data.
This program is an all-in-one solution where, along with the data recovery, it also allows you to fix the iOS system with the in-built features. You can recover around 19 data types from any iOS device within a very little time due to its advanced and fast scanning. Even with all such high-tech features, the price of this tool is lower than any of its competitors for a lifetime license. This means that you will be spending lesser for a better experience if you use the FoneLab iPhone Data recovery tool.
Features of the FoneLab data recovery software
- This is easily one of the best tools for data recovery as it has got the latest technologies for retrieving deleted or lost data from different iOS devices like iPhone, iPod, and iPad.
- You can recover a wide variety of data with the help of this software like messages, images, videos, audios, notes, call logs, contacts, and much more.
- This software also allows you to create a backup of all the iOS data types on any PC or Mac device, which is not possible with the ApowerRescue software.
- The best thing is that this software lest you restore the files from the device system directly without needing to take help from the iCloud or iTunes backups.
- The software is compatible with a wide range of iOS devices include the iPhone versions 4/5/6/SE/7/8/X/11/12, iPod Touch 5/6, and iPad mini/Air/Pro, etc.
Method of using the FoneLab iPhone software for data recovery
The guide to this process includes some simple steps that are:
- Download the software on a PC and after the installation is successful, launch it.
- Select the desired recovery mode from the given options of Recovering from iOS device, iTunes backup file, or iCloud backup file.
- Now connect the target iOS device with the PC via any USB cable.
- Hit on the button Start Scan for setting the scanning process in motion for the lost data.
- Once all the data is scanned, it will be displayed on the screen for you to preview it. Check through the files and select the ones that you wish to retrieve.
- Select the destination folder on the PC where you want the restored files to get saved.
The ApowerRescue software can well perform basic data recovery tasks, but it certainly needs improvement. On that note, software like iMyFone D-Back and FoneLab can prove to be of great help with their advanced features, compatibility, and affordable prices. They have more data recovery modes along with support for a wider range of iOS devices.